ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 2683
« First < 12525859606162 63646566721121625621062 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 09:20 AM 04-30-2017
Chip Kelly on importance of QB hand size: “Huge. You better have big hands. ... You better have a big paw to manipulate the football"

Brady and Rodgers have large hands and are two of the most deadly accurate pure passers in history. Most of the upcoming studs at QB have hands > 9 3/4. Mahomes has a cannon, but his film shows a lot of inconsistency in the short-medium touch passes. As the draft critics said, he lacks a reproducible throw and his mechanics are off...this makes me wonder if it has to do with his ability to grip it consistently (and consider this in mostly dry/warm conditions). Kaep had issues with handsize. Bridgewater has problems and needs a glove. Smith in muggy conditions develops issues and will use a glove also.
[Reply]
New World Order 09:21 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
What are you smoking? Dorsey got his QBOTF and he's a raw athlete that is definitely a project. 2 year project and Reid/Dorsey's interviews indicate such. PM II is FAR from game ready as Reid discussed. You start him in 2018 and you're looking at 10 wins max, especially if he plays a SOS like the one we have this year and the 2 years prior.

It's so obvious Dorsey has moved on from Alex. They draft a qb with their first, third and next year's first and then draft a developmental player in the second round.

This is all about building for the future.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 09:22 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbssp...e-combine/amp/

This one says 9 3/8
same as Smith's. Yeah, 9 and 3/8 is the number I had read for years, Tiger.

Not the ideal that scouts drool over, but not small. :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:23 AM 04-30-2017
http://nflcombineresults.com/playerp...Rodgers&i=7240

These are his combine numbers, says n/a on hand size. Not sure where anyone is getting his combine measurement from.

In other words tigger... Show where they measure 10 1/8.
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:23 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Chip Kelly on importance of QB hand size: “Huge. You better have big hands. ... You better have a big paw to manipulate the football"

Brady and Rodgers have large hands and are two of the most deadly accurate pure passers in history. Most of the upcoming studs at QB have hands > 9 3/4. Mahomes has a cannon, but his film shows a lot of inconsistency in the short-medium touch passes. As the draft critics said, he lacks a reproducible throw and his mechanics are off...this makes me wonder if it has to do with his ability to grip it consistently (and consider this in mostly dry/warm conditions). Kaep had issues with handsize. Bridgewater has problems and needs a glove. Smith in muggy conditions develops issues and will use a glove also.
Yeah, i trust chip kellys judgement. The guy that was instrumental in destroying 2 franchises.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:24 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
same as Smith's. Yeah, 9 and 3/8 is the number I had read for years, Tiger.

Not the ideal that scouts drool over, but not small. :-)
Yeah, he's scared and grasping. It's understandable after everything he's said in the past.

Everything is going to be ok tigger, you'll make it through this little buddy.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 09:24 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by New World Order:
It's so obvious Dorsey has moved on from Alex. They draft a qb with their first, third and next year's first and then draft a developmental player in the second round.

This is all about building for the future.
Soon enough, but moved on implies he wants nothing to do with Smith... which would clearly contradict them even bothering to pay him the 2nd most cap hit.

I think Smith probably made it clear to them that 2017 would be his final season... so there was immense pressure on Dorsey and Reid to find the replacement now... and develop him for the year.
[Reply]
O.city 09:26 AM 04-30-2017
Soon enough, but moved on implies he wants nothing to do with Smith... which would clearly contradict them even bothering to pay him the 2nd most cap hit.

I think Smith probably made it clear to them that 2017 would be his final season... so there was immense pressure on Dorsey and Reid to find the replacement now... and develop him for the year.
So you think smith told them "yesh this is my last year not gonna play in 2018 when you owe me 20 mil, I'm done after this season".
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:28 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
So you think smith told them "yesh this is my last year not gonna play in 2018 when you owe me 20 mil, I'm done after this season".
:-) makes perfect sense.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 09:30 AM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yes. After all the millions, he's not about the money anymore. smart enough to know that more money pales in comparison to enjoying his health and family.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:31 AM 04-30-2017
You are seriously just scratching and clawing for reasons as to why Mahomes will bust because of your Alex obsession, Tigger. :-)

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU
[Reply]
New World Order 09:32 AM 04-30-2017

:-)
[Reply]
nychief 09:33 AM 04-30-2017
Yes. After all the millions, he's not about the money anymore. smart enough to know that more money pales in comparison to enjoying his health and family.

you're out of your mind. Alex smith is a competitor and will play another contract.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:35 AM 04-30-2017
I just want to point out that if hand size is even an issue for Pat, we have seen all-time greats like Brady, Manning, and Roethlisberger all wear gloves. Brady wears one on his off hand during any cold game, and it obviously does the job for him on blindside hits.
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 04-30-2017
So if he's playing in 2018, this theory is?
[Reply]
Page 62 of 2683
« First < 12525859606162 63646566721121625621062 > Last »
Up