ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 2683
« First < 354142434445 4647484955951455451045 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
jd1020 12:06 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
If Smith is playing below expectations in 2018 then he will defer the job as he did in San Fran.
So Smith just needs to continue doing what he's done his entire career.
[Reply]
Bewbies 12:07 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
If he sits 3 years, you're gonna have to determine the fifth year option and or a long term contract for a qb after seeing him play 1 year. Essentially his rookie year.

That's not gonna happen.
Do they see the guy on the practice field? Are they with him every day?

I don't think he sits for 3 years, but who cares if he does. If this guy were to realize his ceiling waiting is worth it.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:07 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
They aren't paying a vet qb 20 mil when they just traded up for their guy.

Scapegoating Maclin isn't gonna help Smith any. Unless he has a big year this year, 2017 will be the last year Smith spends in a chiefs jersey and even then, he'll likely be traded.

With Mahomes on a rookie deal and cutting and saving from Smith, they can lock down Peters and look at bringing guus to help get them over the top.
Nobody is going to trade for Smith unless he expresses high interest in that organization, especially with just 1 season left on his contract. With the rising cap, it's very easy for us to do what we did with DJ...restructure and move that salary burden onto a future year even if he won't be on the team.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:07 PM 04-29-2017
The more film I watch the more convinced I am that they see him as a 2 year project. Bray is the #2 this season so for Mahomes to jump from #3 to #1 after one season seems like a reach. The 2018 cap situation looks fine when you look at who we may lose to free agency. We can save a lot of money losing guys like Jah Reid, Parker, Hali, DJ, and can easily afford to keep Smith by restructuring him and spreading that burden as a dead cap into 2019. Remains to be seen how we handle the Bailey situation who is set for an 8 million pay day too. We also won't be paying a salary for a 1st round pick in 2018.
I have to respectfully disagree with this. I will preface this by saying- no- I have Not watched every snap PM2 has taken since Pop Warner. What I did see was him running some of the same plays the Chiefs do, quick slants, fastball throws horizontally to the WR to catch the defense off the line, dump offs to running backs. I don't think there is a throw Alex makes that PM2 can't make.

2 more years of Alex sounds like an eternity of boringness. :-)

As far as Bray- that bonehead probably still does not know the playbook.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:08 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
So Smith just needs to continue doing what he's done his entire career.
All he does is win. And he's done it with a lot of broken parts.
[Reply]
O.city 12:09 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Bewbies:

I don't think he sits for 3 years, but who cares if he does. If this guy were to realize his ceiling waiting is worth it.
Practice? They aren't gonna give him a qb contract on that.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:10 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Bewbies:

Might as well resign yourself. This is beyond the good of the team, and has moved into the addiction to eternal discontent.

It's pretty much a final blueprint, Chiefs have awesome FO finally, but it took too long to realize and their fans have gone to shit.

Take solace in the fact that the FO is actually still in charge. And bask in the memories of that brief 24-hour respite from retardation we just enjoyed.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:10 PM 04-29-2017
Kaepernick's success had a hell of a lot more to do with Harbaugh and the talent he had around him than Alex. Hence why he is no longer a franchise QB.

As for the referencing of Rodgers sitting 3 years, do you not recall who was playing in front of him? That Favre guy who is in the f**king Hall of Fame.

We've got Alex Smith in front of Pat. As soon as he's ready to play, HE IS GOING IN.
[Reply]
O.city 12:10 PM 04-29-2017
Nobody is going to trade for Smith unless he expresses high interest in that organization, especially with just 1 season left on his contract. With the rising cap, it's very easy for us to do what we did with DJ...restructure and move that salary burden onto a future year even if he won't be on the team.
They aren't gonna restructure when they have his replacement ready to go.

I realize this is hard for you, but come on
[Reply]
jd1020 12:11 PM 04-29-2017
All he does is win. And he's done it with a lot of broken parts.
Winners can put up at least 19 points in the playoffs and beat the Steelers.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:13 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I have to respectfully disagree with this. I will preface this by saying- no- I have Not watched every snap PM2 has taken since Pop Warner. What I did see was him running some of the same plays the Chiefs do, quick slants, fastball throws horizontally to the WR to catch the defense off the line, dump offs to running backs. I don't think there is a throw Alex makes that PM2 can't make.

2 more years of Alex sounds like an eternity of boringness. :-)

As far as Bray- that bonehead probably still does not know the playbook.
No doubt. But the pocket presence, foot work, decision making, and his ability to run are nowhere on par with an experienced, winning QB. And until those are improved and he can assure us that there will be a seamless transition without sacrificing wins, you keep Smith as the starter going into 2018. Mahomes will learn humility, become a hard worker, and learn the x's and o's of football behind one of the smarter QBs in the league. 1 year doesn't cut it for a 21 year old with very few notable wins in his career.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:14 PM 04-29-2017
What would be amazing is if we can hoodwink some team into trading for him in 2018.

Getting any kind of pick back for that bum would be magical.

I'd imagine it's more likely he's just cut outright and signs for peanuts to be a backup in some NFL shithole.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:15 PM 04-29-2017
Brady isn't winning any big games with that Tech defense. Plain and simple. Let it go.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 12:16 PM 04-29-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Kaepernick's success had a hell of a lot more to do with Harbaugh and the talent he had around him than Alex.
Wrong.

"I don't think I would be at this point so quickly if (Alex Smith) hadn't been such a great mentor to me and helped me along with things," Kaepernick said at a Wednesday news conference to announce the deal.

When we traded for Smith, Harbaugh put out an interview where he admitted that his ability to coach Kaepernick was nothing on par to what smith was able to do for him on the sidelines.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...out-alex-smith
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:18 PM 04-29-2017
Wrong.

"I don't think I would be at this point so quickly if (Alex Smith) hadn't been such a great mentor to me and helped me along with things," Kaepernick said at a Wednesday news conference to announce the deal.

When we traded for Smith, Harbaugh put out an interview where he admitted that his ability to coach Kaepernick was nothing on par to what smith was able to do for him on the sidelines.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...out-alex-smith
Harbaugh is the guy who made Alex a competent QB, and you are trying to sell to us that Alex is the one who helped Kaepernick most.

Let that sink in.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 2683
« First < 354142434445 4647484955951455451045 > Last »
Up