ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 217 of 2686
« First < 117167207213214215216217 2182192202212272673177171217 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:40 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"So the waitress was all, 'hey who can take the Mega-MeatLover sextruple patty burger challenge?' and i'm like, 'uh, right here, duh' ".
[Reply]
Rasputin 12:45 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
The boy hasn't even played a real snap and the hype is too much lol
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's CP, so it was predictable.

Ridiculous but predictable.
It's rightfully so. Going over 3 decades without drafting a top rounder signal caller it's been long overdo. Bet your ass we should be excited. We may not get another quarterback like this in 20+ other years.

For all I know Patrick Mahomes II could be the steal of the draft for the last 10 years and not they hype over rated Andrew Luck that has no luck from the front offices or coaching to make him successful. We have that here for Patrick Mahomes II .
[Reply]
BossChief 12:48 PM 06-15-2017
They also asked Reid what Mahomes had improved at the most and he said "honestly, everything"
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:57 PM 06-15-2017

[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:05 PM 06-15-2017
http://arrowheadaddict.com/2017/06/1...terback-coach/

Patrick Mahomes is now taking his training home with him as mandatory minicamp wraps up for the Chiefs.

The Kansas City Chiefs are getting ready to wrap up their mandatory minicamp on Thursday, which means all 90 players are now free to stay at Arrowhead Stadium and work out or lay on the beach in Bermuda for the next six weeks or so. Summer vacation is here for the Chiefs, and now players who are still continuing to develop will learn their craft on their own turf and on their own time.

For newly drafted quarterback Patrick Mahomes, he says he’s focused on the right things, just getting to know the playbook day after day and working on the things that the Chiefs have pointed out for him to learn. He’s seen a ways forward in organized team activities and minicamp with the team and now it’s up to him to continue that.

“It’s all about stringing good days back to back and not having bad days,” Mahomes told reporters on Wednesday. “It’s all about progression and I’m just trying to get better every single day … [It’s] just knowing the playbook more and more, each day helps out. You just have to stay on it and keep learning, that’s how you put good days on top of each other.”

Mahomes says he’s likely going to hire a quarterback coach to work with him in the time away but hasn’t yet figured out who that will be, to “stay on top of the footwork and playbook.”

“I haven’t decided on one yet, but I’m sure I’ll find one here in the next week or two while I’m still here,” he said.
Mahomes certainly faces a steep learning curve to the NFL after being drafted by the Chiefs at No. 10 overall out of Texas Tech, but so far things are progressing according to plan—one day at a time as Alex Smith leads the charge for 2017 and his eventual replacement learns in the wings. Both players (and all involved actually) continue to say and do the right things, per the script, which means this succession might work out as hoped. But the biggest test so far, with Mahomes heading out of Kansas City, is yet to come.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:09 PM 06-15-2017
https://youtu.be/719qXGb5b80
https://twitter.com/zennie62/status/875371074342576133

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 02:35 PM 06-15-2017
Logistically, I'm sure it would be tough, but not impossible, it'd be cool if people who attend TC to either webcast practice to a live stream or shoot video from their phone- since I'm sure people are going to be pay extra attention and watching Pat while there anyway. . .
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 02:40 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by ct:
someone once said the chiefs will never draft a 1st round qb, it's a pipedream

so there is always hope, even if that's all it ever is
Who said that?

They should be mocked and laughed at mercilessly.

It's a statistical inevitability they were going to draft a QB in round 1.
With Andy as HC, and Dorsey, a guy who likes to draft a QB virtually every year, as GM, it only jumped the chances of it happening significantly.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 02:48 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yay, Marcus Kemp! And it sounds like Mahomes overthrew him? Oh, no.
Still my biggest concern with him. He's not as precise with his touch as I would like.

It's possible he can improve it with better footwork and more consistent in planting before delivery.

Manning never had a cannon arm, but he was ridiculous in his accuracy and giving his receivers the ability to make a play after the catch.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:51 PM 06-15-2017
Teicher never said he overthrew him.... if he had, he probably wouldn't have cited it as his best play.

All he said was that the WR went up for the ball. That could mean he just had to beat the DB to catch the ball.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 03:08 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
So, I had a call looking for a rental property and I had none available so I referred the call to another real estate investor I knew had one open. She called me later and said , Jim, you really missed this one. She's gonna be a great tenant, Ag teacher taking a job here and she is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life, she could be a super Model , just graduated from Texas Tech, Sooooo, I have volunteered to do some maintenance on the property for her, and will have opportunity to talk Mahommes as well as Ag related stuff. Right now I have laid a stone patio there for her and will finish up after she moves in.:-)

[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:30 PM 06-15-2017
I wonder if the Chiefs are using this technology?

Originally Posted by :
Bears using virtual reality to help develop quarterbacks

Apparently, you can teach an old coach new tricks.

Chicago Bears head coach John Fox told reporters after the team’s first mandatory minicamp practice on Tuesday that his coaching staff is using virtual reality technology to get their quarterbacks extra practice.

Mike Glennon, Mitchell Trubisky and company have been using the equipment to get more reps and that much more work with the playbook they’re trying to learn.

Trubisky especially has been putting in extra work to try and master his offense. Last week, he told reporters “I’ve put in more work into this playbook than I’ve put into anything in my life.”

On Tuesday, his rookie tight end backed up his statement, confirming that the second-overall pick is spending extra late nights at Halas Hall every night to get as much work in as he can to prepare himself in this offense.

Trubisky’s work ethic continues to look more and more impressive the more that comes out of Halas Hall. Virtual reality headsets are just another way he and the rest of the quarterbacks are trying to do anything possible to accelerate their development.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:46 PM 06-15-2017
BTW...Alex Smith is wearing a big freaking helmet. What's up with that? Concussion issues?

[Reply]
ModSocks 04:53 PM 06-15-2017
BTW...Alex Smith is wearing a big freaking helmet. What's up with that?

Big brain. Lots of gigabytes.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:25 PM 06-15-2017
I wonder if the Chiefs are using this technology?

Picturing rook QBs in huge warehouses suspended on gimbals with VR headsets.
[Reply]
Page 217 of 2686
« First < 117167207213214215216217 2182192202212272673177171217 > Last »
Up