ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 160 of 2687
« First < 60110150156157158159160 1611621631641702102606601160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:12 PM 05-13-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Hardly.

The man who turned the franchise around and restored the players' faith, the man who got everyone to buy in so that the Chiefs could resume being a winning franchise, is the current Head Coach of this team.

Smith was nothing more than a component, and a less than stellar one at that.

But enough.

This is the Pat Mahomes thread, and I'll be good and goddamned if I'm going to taint this thread by talking about Alex ****ing Smith.
No no, lets be fair and balanced as they say... Alex was absolutely critical in helping this club rebound, 11-5 in 2013 after going 2-14 the year before?

Dont be that guy...

Someone had to implement Reids vision on the field and he did it, thats good stuff no matter how you slice it
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:29 PM 05-13-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
No no, lets be fair and balanced as they say... Alex was absolutely critical in helping this club rebound, 11-5 in 2013 after going 2-14 the year before?

Dont be that guy...

Someone had to implement Reids vision on the field and he did it, thats good stuff no matter how you slice it
Any Kyle Orton could have accomplished that feat.

Not to mention could have executed that vision with far better results.

There'll be no candy-coated, "thank you Alex"-bullshit up in here. If you want to praise him for doing his job in the most workman-like manner possible, knock yourself out.
As to MY house, we will wait patiently upon the Franchise Quarterback, joyously reveling in his superior talent, and blessing the day he drove the game-manager from our land.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:43 PM 05-13-2017
Any Kyle Orton could have accomplished that feat.

Not to mention could have executed that vision with far better results.

There'll be no candy-coated, "thank you Alex"-bullshit up in here. If you want to praise him for doing his job in the most workman-like manner possible, knock yourself out.
As to MY house, we will wait patiently upon the Franchise Quarterback, joyously reveling in his superior talent, and blessing the day he drove the game-manager from our land.
Orton had a solid arm, was willing to use it, and furthermore it was a joy to watch his short time behind center here... hell even Brady Quinn was a breath of fresh air

But lets not go off the rails, Orton never would've brought the same kind of discipline, passion or professionalism... thats why he bounced around so much and ultimately quit on a Bills team that was kinda counting on him

Come on now, our disgustingly long wait is almost over... now is the time to be gracious and respectful
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:47 PM 05-13-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Orton had a solid arm, was willing to use it, and furthermore it was a joy to watch his short time behind center here... hell even Brady Quinn was a breath of fresh air

But lets not go off the rails, Orton never would've brought the same kind of discipline, passion or professionalism... thats why he bounced around so much and ultimately quit on a Bills team that was kinda counting on him

Come on now, our disgustingly long wait is almost over... now is the time to be gracious and respectful
Now is the time to ride the clock, eagerly awaiting the dawn of a new era.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:24 AM 05-15-2017
This is probably the best article I have read about Mahomes where the writer has no ties to KC. The writer actually knows his stuff when it comes to the Chiefs though, which is uncommon for independent sources. Great read on a Monday, unless you are TiggerUppercut ---> http://twoqbs.com/qb-profiles/findin...s-city-chiefs/

Here is the full article, minus the GIFs:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TimeForWasp 09:33 AM 05-15-2017
Nice
[Reply]
Ebolapox 12:37 PM 05-15-2017
Patrick
Hat-Trick
Mahomes

P.H.M.

PRINT
HIS
MAHOMES!
[Reply]
Mav 03:00 AM 05-16-2017
Now is the time to ride the clock, eagerly awaiting the dawn of a new era.

So you're all back in now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:07 AM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Mav:

Where have you been under a rock?

Did you know there are new Mods as well?? The good senator got voted out.

You can still send Bob Dole PMs I'm sure he will appreciate them and answer all your questions.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:17 AM 05-16-2017

My conditions have been met, and met with great flair and pizazz at that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:37 AM 05-16-2017
We will no longer surrender this forum to the false song of game managerism.
[Reply]
chiefscafan 11:04 AM 05-16-2017
My question guys if he develops quicker than we think do we play him this year? I know it's risking this year but the D is strong enough to keep us in games till he can really get use to the speed. All my friends have been asking me this and I'm towrn. What do all of you think?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:11 AM 05-16-2017
Barring a complete team meltdown and us sitting at 2-8 or 3-7......Mahomes needs to sit. And for us to start Mahomes at 2-8 or 3-7....it would have to be painfully obvious that Smith is the sole reason that we're sitting at that record.
[Reply]
chiefscafan 11:27 AM 05-16-2017
Yep pest that is what I was thinking too but then I'm hearing reports that he's learned a lot of the playbook allready. He's gonna stay in KC after he finishes classes all offseason so he can get all the plays down. I remember when Russel Wilson , who I loved coming out, said I'm here to challenge for the job not just to be backup. I'm becoming more a Mahomes fan each day so I'm going back and forth on this . Yes the rational part of me says unless we are terrible he shouldn't play. But the other part is like what if he is the better QB and is better than we even thought? Why not take the chance? We may make fun of each other and talk trash but deep down we are all bleed red and gold and only want what's best for the Chiefs. Thus my dilemma. I'll say what I told a friend who asked me , I'm not the coach that's a tough decision but I trust Andy Reid and the chiefs if they start the kid I'm all on board if they don't they feel he isn't ready.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:36 AM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by chiefscafan:
But the other part is like what if he is the better QB and is better than we even thought? Why not take the chance?
I've felt this way since first hearing Reid's press conference after he was drafted.

I never once got the impression that they plan on red shirting him. I don't think Reid will purposely keep him benched if he shows that he has the offense down.

If he shows command of the offense and out plays Smith in camp, i don't think Reid would hesitate to pull the trigger.

However, considering all the talk about how complicated his offense is, it's unlikely.

But i don't believe Reid would sit him simply to redshirt him unless it's warranted.
[Reply]
Page 160 of 2687
« First < 60110150156157158159160 1611621631641702102606601160 > Last »
Up