ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3645 of 3903
« First < 2645314535453595363536413642364336443645 3646364736483649365536953745 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 03:44 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
This is terrific. Look forward to you having to write something similar again in about a month.
A month seems optimistic when people are still asking why we don't treat the flue exactly the same way when it comes to vaccine mandates, etc; and people treat science like it's a political opinion.

Maybe twice per day for now and see how it goes? :-)
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:51 PM 08-11-2021
This rant I think people can relate too. The hospitals being over run is effecting everyone.

@briantylercohen: Watch all of this.

https://twitter.com/Travon/status/14...013512/video/1
[Reply]
DaFace 03:59 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Medical Professionals who are antivax are like black guys at a Trump Rally.

Guaranteed front row
Dude, GTFO with that shit.
[Reply]
wazu 04:04 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
This rant I think people can relate too. The hospitals being over run is effecting everyone.

@briantylercohen: Watch all of this.

https://twitter.com/Travon/status/14...013512/video/1
He makes a great point. If you don't trust doctors telling you to get the vaccine, why go to the hospital and trust them to heal you when you get COVID?
[Reply]
Monticore 05:25 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
He makes a great point. If you don't trust doctors telling you to get the vaccine, why go to the hospital and trust them to heal you when you get COVID?
My wife has patients going to her office asking for advice and pretty much just disagree with her recommendation, why bother even going at that point , just do you own thing , I tell my wife to fire those patients and replace them with people willing to try and get better but she is too nice .
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:26 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
No, there really aren't. There's a few individual quacks spewing misinformation. The problem is that misinformation then gets parroted by thousands and thousands of idiot twitter and Facebook sources. Making ignorant people actually think that there's plenty of medical professionals voicing concerns. Many people just gobble it up, because it confirms their bias.

Misinformation according to? Oh, right. Fact checkers with ties to Pfizer or funding from J&J.

Can't do a whole lot of parroting of "misinformation" on FB these days. In fact, you apparently can't even discuss vaccine side effects anymore.
[Reply]
AustinChief 05:36 PM 08-11-2021
It's funny to see the weird psychology involved with how people are handling this.

A good example... Covid is an extremely low risk infection for most people (let's ignore the elderly and fatties) but a huge number of people act as if it's a death sentence and are hyper emotional over it. We also know that the vaccines are extremely low risk yet there is another distinct group who are convinced it's a conspiracy or some crazy risky thing.

What is amazing to me is how each group is not seeing the statistical hypocrisy of claiming one low risk thing is a big deal but the other is not..
[Reply]
Monticore 05:41 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Misinformation according to? Oh, right. Fact checkers with ties to Pfizer or funding from J&J.

Can't do a whole lot of parroting of "misinformation" on FB these days. In fact, you apparently can't even discuss vaccine side effects anymore.
Did a Pfizer employee steal your wife or something?
[Reply]
wazu 05:46 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
It's funny to see the weird psychology involved with how people are handling this.

A good example... Covid is an extremely low risk infection for most people (let's ignore the elderly and fatties) but a huge number of people act as if it's a death sentence and are hyper emotional over it. We also know that the vaccines are extremely low risk yet there is another distinct group who are convinced it's a conspiracy or some crazy risky thing.

What is amazing to me is how each group is not seeing the statistical hypocrisy of claiming one low risk thing is a big deal but the other is not..
I felt this way much of the past year, but since Delta arrived I actually know people my age being hospitalized by COVID, and one guy who was healthy but died at age 25. A year ago these things weren’t happening that I could see outside of really old people.
[Reply]
SupDock 05:52 PM 08-11-2021

It’s higher risk than any widespread virus we have seen in a long time. Especially early on in the pandemic we had little idea how deadly it would be. Not to mention how easy it can be to spread the virus to a high risk person in your life (pre-vaccine)

Why are we ignoring the elderly and those with chronic conditions? A huge percentage of our population is obese, smokes, has diabetes , has hypertension, has heart disease, etc etc.

Again, I mean pre-vaccine
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 05:56 PM 08-11-2021

Pharma and the gov't have obvious potential motives to exaggerate the risk of Covid. Hospitals had a huge financial incentive to diagnose patients with Covid and put them on ventilators, which also inflated totals. And there are obvious motives to try to hide or downplay potential dangers of the vaccines.
[Reply]
SupDock 05:59 PM 08-11-2021
Pharma and the gov't have obvious potential motives to exaggerate the risk of Covid. Hospitals had a huge financial incentive to diagnose patients with Covid and put them on ventilators, which also inflated totals. And there are obvious motives to try to hide or downplay potential dangers of the vaccines.
Hospitals that had full capacity had huge incentives to put people on ventilators?
You really think intensivists were intubating people for financial reasons?
[Reply]
Fish 06:00 PM 08-11-2021

According to the consensus of medical experts and scientists trained to study infectious disease. Who overwhelmingly agree that vaccines are safe and very beneficial. It's really pointless to argue it anymore. If you haven't been convinced of the safety and benefit of vaccines by now, no amount of factual information is ever going to change your mind.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:03 PM 08-11-2021
Hospitals have more motive to keep COVID patients out if hospitals because they make way more with all the other shit they do.

In a lot of countries Hospitals/ government lose a lot of money having patients in hospitals
[Reply]
Fish 06:04 PM 08-11-2021
You think hospitals are putting patients on ventilators who don't actually have covid? Motives to hide or downplay vaccine danger? Good grief, dude...
[Reply]
Page 3645 of 3903
« First < 2645314535453595363536413642364336443645 3646364736483649365536953745 > Last »
Up