ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 138
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:21 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And since Okung was brought up.

I wonder if Okung is the fallback option AFTER the draft. Signing him depends on who they’re able to get at LT in the first three rounds.
Maybe, are they thinking that someone they are interested in might be cut? It doesn't seem likely to me, but I don't understand why not go ahead and sign someone like Okung before the draft so you are not locked in going into the draft and or coming out without one if there is a run on OT and then Okung has more leverage.
I also have a hard time seeing Reid breaking from his history.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:21 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
We don’t see this that often, but it’s good. Some players value loyalty over money, loyalty over winning. It’s good to see that there are some players left that don’t chase the bag or ring. They’d rather be loyal.

When a player chooses money over winning, they get scrutinized.
I doubt that's it.

It's about consistency and familiarity.

If you were taking a 1 year deal hoping to parlay it into a big payday when the cap rises, would you join a new team with a new scheme and have to learn all that in a covid offseason, or would you stay with the same scheme, the same city and focus on improving your game while not having to take two steps backwards first?

What you're seeing is players being smart enough to understand that they have better odds of success in 1 year deals if they improve on what they know already, rather than blowing it up and starting over, especially in what will be another irregular offseason.
[Reply]
In58men 09:27 AM 03-26-2021
And since Okung was brought up.

I wonder if Okung is the fall back option AFTER the draft. Signing him depends on who they’re able to get at LT in the first three rounds.
Some people feed off this guy, I think Mahomo is one of them too.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:32 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Maybe, are they thinking that someone they are interested in might be cut? It doesn't seem likely to me, but I don't understand why not go ahead and sign someone like Okung before the draft so you are not locked in going into the draft and or coming out without one if there is a run on OT and then Okung has more leverage.
I also have a hard time seeing Reid breaking from his history.
If they have the opportunity to trade up for a LT (if that’s their plan), then signing Okung is wasted money. Okung isn’t signing with us to be a backup LT.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:40 AM 03-26-2021

Ok, another form of the VSB here with KC taking advantage of Taco missing part of the season by using the 137,500 as per game roster bonus rather than SB. Cap hit will be $840,156 with $60,156 being LTBE roster bonus incentive. https://t.co/bxcNaEpeTQ

— ChiefBearcat (@Chief_Bearcat) March 26, 2021

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:41 AM 03-26-2021
Some people feed off this guy, I think Mahomo is one of them too.
Da Fuq?? I have never wanted Okung as a Chief. Orlando Brown and Villanueva yes, Okung fuck no
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:51 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Da Fuq?? I have never wanted Okung as a Chief. Orlando Brown and Villanueva yes, Okung fuck no
Your reading comprehension is shit.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:55 AM 03-26-2021
Is there an update on Reiter or Ingram? Seems like they are just lingering out there
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:00 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Is there an update on Reiter or Ingram? Seems like they are just lingering out there
Give a listen to the latest Times Ours podcast regarding Ingram and Reiter. Taylor basically said that Ingram is known to be a shrewd negotiator. He has an idea in his mind of what he’s worth and he isn’t going to sign for less than that without seeing what other teams are offering. It’s positive that both Ingram and the Chiefs wanted to meet in person.

Reiter: Taylor said that the thought is that Reiter wants a multi year deal and the Chiefs want him back on a one year deal.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:47 AM 03-26-2021
Ouch Lattimore had possession of a stolen handgun. Loaded in his car and failed to notify police about it.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:54 AM 03-26-2021
Give a listen to the latest Times Ours podcast regarding Ingram and Reiter. Taylor basically said that Ingram is known to be a shrewd negotiator. He has an idea in his mind of what he’s worth and he isn’t going to sign for less than that without seeing what other teams are offering. It’s positive that both Ingram and the Chiefs wanted to meet in person.

Reiter: Taylor said that the thought is that Reiter wants a multi year deal and the Chiefs want him back on a one year deal.
Damn well I hope we get both.
[Reply]
-King- 10:55 AM 03-26-2021

Reiters not even taking any visits anywhere. What's his leverage?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:55 AM 03-26-2021
Bucs re sign Fournette
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:59 AM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Reiters not even taking any visits anywhere. What's his leverage?
Maybe waiting until after the draft?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:00 AM 03-26-2021
We don’t see this that often, but it’s good. Some players value loyalty over money, loyalty over winning. It’s good to see that there are some players left that don’t chase the bag or ring. They’d rather be loyal.

When a player chooses money over winning, they get scrutinized.
Yeah, it’s fantastic that the only time it happens is at our expense.:-)
[Reply]
Page 115 of 138
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Up