ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 73
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
Coach 08:02 PM 10-11-2021
Guessing ESPN is either tip-toeing their way around this or doing an internal review of their email servers....
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:02 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
How are you going to get fired on your day off?!?
Any time I've ever been fired, the assholes had me bust my ass all day before they broke the news. Plumbing company owners are the Chiefs D of bosses
[Reply]
R8RFAN 08:03 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Does it ever mention he used company email vs personnel?

Also they claim some were sent to Mark Davis. How does he not catch heat for not doing anything until they were exposed?
we think alike is why
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:03 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Is it your assertion that, when someone is gay, that is the central organizing principle of their entire life, and whatever they happen to choose for career and other interpersonal interest are purely ancillary.

Like, they were born to 'be gay' and life is what happens in the meantime?

How is this perspective any better than the bigot's?
What in the blue fuck are you talking about you fucking weirdo sperg
[Reply]
Coach 08:03 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The only one who hasn't called Goodell that is Robert Kraft.
And speaking of that, Kraft and Snyder shouldn't be owners after what just happened to them.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:04 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Does it ever mention he used company email vs personnel?

Also they claim some were sent to Mark Davis. How does he not catch heat for not doing anything until they were exposed?
I was hearing on the radio that it was apart of the NYT investigation and they had over 600K e-mails, so I think it was ESPN.

And I agree, Mark Davis should be catching flack. They ignored the Rooney Rule (which I mentioned before) and didn't vet Gruden.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:04 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Any time I've ever been fired, the assholes had me bust my ass all day before they broke the news. Plumbing company owners are the Chiefs D of bosses
Looking out for you. Don’t want you to get short changed on your last check before you went unemployed.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 08:04 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I was hearing on the radio that it was apart of the NYT investigation and they had over 600K e-mails, so I think it was ESPN.

And I agree, Mark Davis should be catching flack. They ignored the Rooney Rule (which I mentioned before) and didn't vet Gruden.
that was Daniel Snyder you nutsack
[Reply]
ping2000 08:04 PM 10-11-2021
Will this impact the new "Chucky" series?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:05 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
It's a reference from "Friday"

https://youtu.be/FqM2BpYwtfM
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:05 PM 10-11-2021
Gruden sent them to Bruce Allens work email, not from his own.
[Reply]
Bump 08:06 PM 10-11-2021
lmao. Commenting on the size of someones lips, which of course got turned into racism, caused him to resign. Funny stuff.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:07 PM 10-11-2021
I can't stand Gruden, or the Raiders. But this is just stupid. It was years ago. He was not coaching in the NFL at the time. It should have been just left in the past and forgotten about. The fact that he's had to resign over this is just a sad example of how stupid things have gotten in this country.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:07 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
lmao. Commenting on the size of someones lips, which of course got turned into racism, caused him to resign. Funny stuff.
You are about 20 emails behind.
[Reply]
0372 08:07 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
NFL planned to leak more emails until he was gone. Just how spicy was Gruden getting in those emails??? :-)

The New York Times reported:

When the vaunted N.F.L. coach Jon Gruden was confronted with a racist email he had sent in 2011 to insult the head of the players’ union, he said he went too far but didn’t have “a blade of racism” in him.

But league officials as part of a separate workplace misconduct investigation that did not directly involve him have found that Gruden, now the coach of the Las Vegas Raiders, casually and frequently unleashed misogynistic and homophobic language over several years to denigrate people around the game and to mock some of the league’s momentous changes.

Gruden’s messages were sent to Bruce Allen, the former president of the Washington Football Team, and others, while he was working for ESPN as a color analyst during “Monday Night Football,” the sports network’s weekly prime-time telecast of N.F.L. games. In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “bundle of sticks” and a “clueless anti football pussy” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “queers,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

Gruden also criticized President Obama during his re-election campaign in 2012, as well as then-vice president Joe Biden, whom Gruden called a “nervous clueless pussy.” He used similar words to describe Goodell and DeMaurice Smith, the executive director of the N.F.L. Players Association.

Breaking News: The NFL coach Jon Gruden used misogynistic and homophobic language for years, a review of his emails shows. He denounced the emergence of women referees, the drafting of a gay player and the tolerance of protests during the national anthem. https://t.co/F3QpqV9yZS

— The New York Times (@nytimes) October 12, 2021

[Reply]
Page 22 of 73
« First < 121819202122 232425263272 > Last »
Up