ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 73
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jon Gruden made an oopsie [and has resigned]
Sassy Squatch 03:30 PM 10-08-2021

NFL statement: “The email from Jon Gruden denigrating DeMaurice Smith is appalling, abhorrent and wholly contrary to the NFL’s values. We condemn the statement and regret any harm that its publication may inflict on Mr. Smith or anyone else.” https://t.co/b9IUku9saH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 8, 2021

[Reply]
Spott 07:38 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My guess is that the first email leaked, and the rest of them were found by his employers when they looked into it.
This part is pretty baffling. I’m guessing this kind of banter is pretty typical out on the practice field, but using your work email to do it is just crazy.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:38 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Depends. Contracts almost always allow people to be fired for cause. My guess is they already have an agreement in place that's somewhere between "he gets his full contract amount" and "he gets nothing."
The guy is clearly an asshole, but it's hard for me to see how emails that he wrote years ago when not employed with the organization would be considered cause. Gruden would win that legal fight, if it in fact becomes a fight.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:38 PM 10-11-2021
Sigh. He said bad things...and wrote them in emails. I think it's stupid that this is a thing, but it's a thing. You have to be smarter than that. Hell, I don't even flirt with my wife via email at work. And I'm pretty sure after 30+ years she's not gonna sue...but someone else might if they see it...
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:40 PM 10-11-2021
Not the first or last time a dude gets fired not for being wrong but for not being PC about it.

You have to ask though if some of the emails were sent to Mark Davis and he didn’t fire Gruden until it got leaked then………

Edit: I’m not homophobic when I said he wasn’t wrong I mean calling Goodell a weak pussy etc… Nor do I like women refs just to have women refs.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 07:40 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Assuming he's getting paid that money still, yes.
Nah he resigned, probably given a choice to resign and not get paid or fired for some kind of contract detrimental to the team clause in the contract and not get paid.

Gruden said if he could not get the job done he would not take the money. Gruden supposedly said some homophobic shit as well and some sexist shit too.

Whatever, life goes on for me and Good Luck to Chucky... Maybe we can get a certain offensive coordinator that wears some ketchup and mustard gear right now.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:41 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Ohhhh, that's interesting. So Gruden just happened to be in the same foxhole when the mortar strikes came down.
What's interesting is that very little info has been leaked about the investigation into the Redskins. But not these emails lol
[Reply]
gblowfish 07:42 PM 10-11-2021
Raiders whacked him
[Reply]
SupDock 07:42 PM 10-11-2021
Again?

Just kidding. Probably deserves its own thread
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:42 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Sigh. He said bad things...and wrote them in emails. I think it's stupid that this is a thing, but it's a thing. You have to be smarter than that. Hell, I don't even flirt with my wife via email at work. And I'm pretty sure after 30+ years she's not gonna sue...but someone else might if they see it...
Yup
[Reply]
Delano 07:43 PM 10-11-2021
Imagine getting fired by a guy with that haircut.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:43 PM 10-11-2021
Never look at the front page before you post breaking news people. Just don’t do it
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:43 PM 10-11-2021
How are you going to get fired on your day off?!?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:43 PM 10-11-2021
Connecting the freckles spells bad, bad things.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:43 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
But, is he still part owner of the team that just fired him as head coach? Wasn't that part of his deal, 10% ownership?
IIRC you're correct, be interesting to see how thats handled
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:43 PM 10-11-2021
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Nah he resigned, probably given a choice to resign and not get paid or fired for some kind of contract detrimental to the team clause in the contract and not get paid.

Gruden said if he could not get the job done he would not take the money. Gruden supposedly said some homophobic shit as well and some sexist shit too.

Whatever, life goes on for me and Good Luck to Chucky... Maybe we can get a certain offensive coordinator that wears some ketchup and mustard gear right now.
Bienemy? You can fucking have him.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 73
« First < 71314151617 181920212767 > Last »
Up