ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 22
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade for CB Mike Hughes
Dante84 03:01 PM 05-13-2021

Trade: #Vikings are trading former first-round CB Mike Hughes to the #Chiefs*, per @AdamSchefter. Secondary help as he enters a contract year.

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) May 13, 2021

Chiefs and Vikings swapped late-round draft picks, with Kansas City also getting back Minnesota’s 2018 first-round pick, per source. https://t.co/EiWiQFgAQS

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 13, 2021

The Chiefs are sending their 2022 sixth-round pick to Minnesota for Hughes and their 2022 seventh-round pick, per source. https://t.co/XKJ2JPH9hO

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) May 13, 2021

[Reply]
jettio 08:03 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by MikeVike:
Minnesota fan... I loved Mike Hughes out if the draft. Since then he's proved he can't cover and as a run stopping CB he got his neck broke... There's a reason this trade happened, and you're not dealing with the Raiders front office. We just turned a seventh ouch and into a sixth by giving you a completely destroyed prospect

Mike Hughes.. after breaking his neck and his knee..
Now all the Vikings need is a head coach that is not such a prick with his kickers that they all become bums while playing for him.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:04 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:

I really like getting that 2018 first-round pick. It looks like Nick Chubb and Darius Leonard are both available.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:06 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I really like getting that 2018 first-round pick. It looks like Nick Chubb and Darius Leonard are both available.
:-) Great catch
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 08:11 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Ward Sneed
Baker Fenton Hughes Keyes

Potentially add Breeland to that group and you don’t have a single weak spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
flinchfree 09:11 PM 05-13-2021
Minnesota fan............. he's proved he can't cover and as a run stopping CB he got his neck broke... There's a reason this trade happened, and you're not dealing with the Raiders front office. We just turned a seventh ouch and into a sixth by giving you a completely destroyed prospect
Wait, are you saying the Minny Ha Ha front office is better or worse than the Faiders?:-)
YOUR veritable estimators of talent took said broke dick/can't cover cb IN THE FIRST ROUND, now you're selling him for about a 10 spot move up into the 6th round.
That's clever???:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:16 PM 05-13-2021
Minnesota fan... I loved Mike Hughes out if the draft. Since then he's proved he can't cover and as a run stopping CB he got his neck broke... There's a reason this trade happened, and you're not dealing with the Raiders front office. We just turned a seventh ouch and into a sixth by giving you a completely destroyed prospect

So?

it literally means nothing to KC.

We take fliers on these kinds of guys all the time, and sometimes it works out. He's still young, and the injuries weren't related or chronic. Maybe he gets healthy and some better coaching unlocks his potential.

If not, we literally do not give a shit.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:26 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by flinchfree:
Wait, are you saying the Minny Ha Ha front office is better or worse than the Faiders?:-)
YOUR veritable estimators of talent took said broke dick/can't cover cb IN THE FIRST ROUND, now you're selling him for about a 10 spot move up into the 6th round.
That's clever???:-)
I like you, noob.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:38 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
When I first read it this afternoon, I thought it said 2022 first-round pick. I thought Beach might have won the trade.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:19 PM 05-13-2021

Remember when the David Amerson pickup ruined the Chiefs. This is a smart gamble with huge upside.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:47 PM 05-13-2021

Wow what a pickup by you guys. Really a Chess vs Checkers kind of move.
[Reply]
MikeVike 06:00 AM 05-14-2021
May have been a bit harsh, but the fact remains. Mike Zimmer doesn't just give up on cornerbacks. I truthfully wish Mike all the best, but I promise you neither Zimmer, nor Rick Speilman (our GM) are in the business of giving away useful players in the secondary. If you guys can bring him back, more power to you. It's one thing to have spinal fusion surgery when you're Peyton Manning at 38 years old. It's another thing when you're a dimeback at 25.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:09 AM 05-14-2021
May have been a bit harsh, but the fact remains. Mike Zimmer doesn't just give up on cornerbacks. I truthfully wish Mike all the best, but I promise you neither Zimmer, nor Rick Speilman (our GM) are in the business of giving away useful players in the secondary. If you guys can bring him back, more power to you. It's one thing to have spinal fusion surgery when you're Peyton Manning at 38 years old. It's another thing when you're a dimeback at 25.
Maybe so, but based on this year's draft, all you did was move up from 14th in the seventh round to 31st in the 6th round in exchange for this guy. That's nothing. Maybe the guy will do absolutely nothing for the Chiefs, but all we gave up for him was moving down 15 spots with our pick in the 6th round!
[Reply]
MikeVike 06:31 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Maybe so, but based on this year's draft, all you did was move up from 14th in the seventh round to 31st in the 6th round in exchange for this guy. That's nothing. Maybe the guy will do absolutely nothing for the Chiefs, but all we gave up for him was moving down 15 spots with our pick in the 6th round!

Not quite. We got you to pay his salary for the year. And as much as you all would like to think we don't know what we're doing, I promise you that money is meant for someone who can actually help our team.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:50 AM 05-14-2021
Not quite. We got you to pay his salary for the year. And as much as you all would like to think we don't know what we're doing, I promise you that money is meant for someone who can actually help our team.
Paying salaries is part of the game. Let's not pretend that you won't be paying the salary of whomever you add to the team in his place. This guy isn't going to bust our salary cap and if he is able to perform this year, whatever we pay him will be a pretty good bargain. If he doesn't perform, it will have been a flyer that was worth the risk.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:55 AM 05-14-2021

Job security for LDT.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 22
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up