ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Fisher to the Colts
staylor26 09:52 AM 05-10-2021

Pro Bowl LT Eric Fisher is signing a one-year, $9.4 million deal with the Indianapolis Colts, per source. The former No. 1 overall pick now will be Carson Wentz’s blindside protector.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 10, 2021

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:36 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
:-)

You have NO idea what you’re talking about.

They originally had the 3rd pick. They traded it to the Jets for 6, 36, 49, and the Jets 2nd rounder in 2019. And took Nelson, who has been named all pro AND pro bowler in each of his first 3 seasons.

Nelson would have been a good pick at 3 and Ballard got him at 6, plus four more picks.

Also, he’s not walking and he’ll be worth every penny they pay him.

Dane should stick to Hollywood.
Ballard’s best pick in four drafts was a guard. The Colts are 32-32 under his tenure.

He could have had Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen.

He’s Carl Peterson.

And you don’t know dock about football.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 03:03 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Ballard’s best pick in four drafts was a guard. The Colts are 32-32 under his tenure.

He’s Carl Peterson.

I’d say Darius Leonard was his best pick, considering most people hated it at the time. Hell, some people had it as the worst pick of the entire draft.

Also, why in the hell would they have drafted Allen or Jackson? Luck didn’t retire until after the 2018 season.

Again, you have no clue what you’re talking about.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:49 AM 05-11-2021
I mean, I guess technically, you’re right.

Pittman had 40 catches and 500 yards despite only starting 8 games in his rookie season. There’s no reason to think he won’t continue to improve.

Taylor had almost 1200 yards and 11 touchdowns as a rookie and came on incredibly strong to finish the season. If you can’t call him a quality starter, I’m not sure you can call ANYONE a quality starter.
What was he doing the other 8 games? Sitting on the bench with his thumb up his ass?

Mecole Hardman started only FIVE games his rookie year and did the same 500 yards, but he also produced 6 TDs to Pittman's 1 TD.

There's no reason to think he won't improve, other than the history of the NFL is LITTERED with dudes like Pittman who end up never quite putting it all together, at least not consistently. Maybe he'll have a nice Derrick Alexander-like career and one day have a breakout season on a shitty team that forces him the ball. Maybe he'll be more than that. Who knows. It's just funny you put him on the list of BALLARD QUALITY STARTERZ!!!

But in any case, you're REALLY overrating your GM's draft prowess. Again, I didn't say Ballard was a piece of shit at drafting. My initial argument was people suck his dick way too much for how little he's actually done. He's far from an elite GM. He's not top 5, and I don't even think I'd rank him above somebody like Rick Spielman in Minnesota, who has drafts NFL stars far more frequently than somebody like Ballard.

There's nothing wrong with being early era Carl Peterson. You get to go to the playoffs a bunch, and many of those years you get people excited about your chances. It will all come crashing down until Ballard grows a pair and stops being a fucking pussy in free agency, though.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 06:28 AM 05-11-2021
Thanks helping the Chiefs become a SB winner. Good luck with your recovery.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:51 AM 05-11-2021
Good for Fish. I’m a fisher fan even though like most of the rest of us I was like the angry guy in the GIF (who we all think was milkman RIP). But turned out to be a good player and a good pick in that garbage draft.

Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I've never seen a guy get his dick sucked so much by the media for doing so little.

He drafted Darius Leonard. And a really awesome OG, but he needed to burn the 6th overall pick to get him. And that's about it.

Great job, Chris! Want a damn cookie?

Hitting on a couple draft picks doesn't make you an elite GM (particularly for positions that are harder to go bust on than others). Has he created a bank within his own salary cap structure where cash can be "withdrawn" through contract restructures? Has he devised the most creative and awesome contract for his QB the league has ever seen? Has he ever completely renovated an entire position group in the course of just 3 months of an offseason not once but TWICE?

He's absolutely the ultimate Carl. Dane is right. He'll get you a playoff team, but he's never going to make the moves that will put them over the top.
Ultimately I think Ballard is a “value” guy. He’s not going to overpay.

Well guess what, sometimes overpaying is fucking worth it. I’ve preached forever production per unit salary cap. But on the aggregate you need to pay a team that will make the necessary plays to win. Sure if you have a guy that can make 75% of the plays a star can at 40% salary cap dollars that’s a good value. It is. But if you have no one on the roster that can make the other 25% of the plays, you’re mediocre.

The strict value thing only works if you can get playmakers somewhere at a value. Belicheat did it for years because He fell ass backwards into an elite QB. But pick like Belicheat and you’ll be out of a job in 3 years.

And to be fair they may have done it in Wentz. It it turns out it was all Pedersens fault, Ballard will have knocked a home run. But that seems .... unlikely.

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Indy lucks into getting Luck with the first overall draft pick in 2012 after Manning's injury... transitioning from one franchise QB to another... while the Chiefs do their usual "Because the Chiefs" and get the first overall draft pick a year later in arguably the weakest first round draft in modern history, taking Fisher #1 overall.

And fast forward about a decade later and the Chiefs are set with Mahomes/OBJ at left tackle, while the Colts are attempting a Wentz/Fisher broke dick combination.

Karma.
Wrong. Karma would be Irsay sells their Lombardi all their players and staff for drug money and Lucas Oil Stadium is a crackhouse for the foreseeable future. Then after Irsay gets shanked because he blew all his money on drugs the NFL doesn’t put another franchise in the city.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:25 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I don't think his Achilles was a complete tear, and Veach was stating a mid-August return. If his Achilles holds, this would be a good pickup. If fish was healthy and we cut him he would have garnered much more than $9.5 mil on the open market. I wish nothing but the best for Fish, he loved the Chiefs, despite many fans despising him for a draft class he had no control over. I hope he is successful at Indy and we beat them in the playoffs...
Fish blew his ACL in January. Regardless if partial or complete tear, he won't be back until October. It might even be close to Halloween.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:28 AM 05-11-2021
Hoping for a healthy future for him. Never heard a negative word from or about him. Thanks for the memories; will never forget the one where he took the fan's beer and poured it on himself.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:53 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Fish blew his ACL in January. Regardless if partial or complete tear, he won't be back until October. It might even be close to Halloween.
Achilles tendon.

Which is worse than an ACL in many respects.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:55 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Achilles tendon.

Which is worse than an ACL in many respects.
Oh, shit. Did I say possible October return?

I meant "day-to-day".
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:35 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
It is different for a partial tear... This article is from 2012 and procedures have improved since then...

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...023-story.html

Originally Posted by :
But even the Hall of Fame former Miami Dolphins quarterback was stunned when he saw Terrell Suggs play Sunday against the Houston Texans — just five months after the Ravens outside linebacker underwent surgery on his right Achilles tendon.

Because of recent advancements in medicine and rehabilitation, the number of NFL players who return is growing. Suggs' comeback is slightly different in that he only partially tore his Achilles tendon in April. That distinction — while seemingly minor — is a significant one according to Marino, whose right calf did not recover completely from atrophy suffered after his surgery.
If he signed a 2 year deal, I would say a later return would be likely, but it's a one year deal for $9.5 million. I'm guessing the Colts MD's know a partial tear is a quicker return, most likely Aug. Sept.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:53 AM 05-11-2021
Love Fish. Good luck in Indy.

Don't really see him helping out much this year, due to his injury but whatever.

Glad he got paid somewhere else. Wish him well.

(hoping for Indy's sake they have a backup plan)
[Reply]
RunKC 09:04 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

He’s Carl Peterson.

I don’t blame him at all for 2018. Luck was still the QB and won comeback player of the year. I don’t think he really thought about retirement seriously until Spring 2019
[Reply]
tredadda 09:08 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Hopefully this will finally end the dreams of some of the people here thinking Schwartz and Fisher would be coming back.
Fisher was never coming back to play backup. Not sure why anyone would even think he would do that.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:14 AM 05-11-2021
You’re probably right, but it’s not like they had a ton of options. Rivers was done. Eason is a complete unknown. They gave Brissett a whole year and he stunk.

They inquired about Stafford but LA was gonna outbid everyone from the start.

To move from 21 into the top 5 would have been insanely expensive, so getting one of the studs in the draft was out.

There just weren’t a lot of options.

I think Ballard made the move with the most chance for success.
They could have gone from 21 to 11 and gotten Fields without giving up the farm. He probably would have been as productive if not more under Reich for far cheaper.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 09:43 AM 05-11-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
They could have gone from 21 to 11 and gotten Fields without giving up the farm. He probably would have been as productive if not more under Reich for far cheaper.
The Bears gave up their first this year, next year, and 2 other picks to get Fields.
The Colts gave up a 3rd this year and a 2nd/1st next year.

They gave up quite a bit less to get Wentz.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up