ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Fisher to the Colts
staylor26 09:52 AM 05-10-2021

Pro Bowl LT Eric Fisher is signing a one-year, $9.4 million deal with the Indianapolis Colts, per source. The former No. 1 overall pick now will be Carson Wentz’s blindside protector.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 10, 2021

[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:28 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
The Colts and the Chiefs have similarities.
What were the colts after Unitas until Manning? About the same as the Chiefs were after Dawson until Mahomes?
Both teams were from dissolved Dallas Texans teams.

:-)
KEEP FUCKING DOUBTING BERT JONES
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The Chiefs traded up from 26 to get Mahomes so calling the Colts the old Chiefs is a weird statement
That's the new Chiefs, not the old Chiefs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I don't think his Achilles was a complete tear, and Veach was stating a mid-August return. If his Achilles holds, this would be a good pickup. If fish was healthy and we cut him he would have garnered much more than $9.5 mil on the open market. I wish nothing but the best for Fish, he loved the Chiefs, despite many fans despising him for a draft class he had no control over. I hope he is successful at Indy and we beat them in the playoffs...
The problem is that Veach said he could "participate" by August.

That could mean anything from full pads to sitting on a stationary bike watching other people practice.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:36 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
The Colts and the Chiefs have similarities.
What were the colts after Unitas until Manning? About the same as the Chiefs were after Dawson until Mahomes?
Both teams were from dissolved Dallas Texans teams.

:-)
How dare you leave out the Jeff George era
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:37 AM 05-10-2021
Comparing Ballard to Carl Peterson is pretty on point thus far in Ballard's career (though I think Ballard has drafted in the later rounds marginally better. Carl was awful in the later rounds).

Andrew Luck has been 100% on his messaging that he was done since 2019. He has never wavered or gone full Rodgers with mixed messaging. The dude has been 100% on saying "he's done" since he left. Anytime there's been chatter he (or his Dad) either contact Irsay or message the media the same thing. Ballard gets a pass for 2019, but beyond that? Eh. Trading for Rivers (Bono) was an ultimate Peterson move. Trading for Wentz (Grbac/Green) is the ultimate Peterson move.

But, if you're going to revive Wentz career, you have to be able to give him an ironclad offensive line after the yips he's had the past two years, Reich has even alluded to this. You can't go cheap or rely on a bandaid by signing people for their past value here, which Peterson did throughout his time here, too (ignoring the defense or trying to band-aid it with washed up vets before 2003, going bargain bin on a QB and kicker for the 1995 season, going full Oakland with desperation signings in 98', etc). These band-aids never feel significant until they do, a mistake made by Carl over and over again.

Sure, Eric Fisher was the definition of solid in 2019-2020, but he's always struggled with bull rushers and now you're hopeful he can get back to that "solid" form before a serious achilles injury on the wrong side of 30. What could Ballard have done differently? Well, quite a lot, as we've proven this offseason (with arguably far less of a need to do so with Patrick at QB). KC also could have hoped that Fish could rehab for our line, in fact, I think the NFL expected it and we would have crossed our fingers, too, but hot damn if we didn't go out, roll the dice, and get the best possible option at that position.

It's just amazing to see the difference in our franchise now (one of the most proactive in the game) compared to read and react one I grew up with.
[Reply]
oldman 11:46 AM 05-10-2021
Does this take the dead money for Fisher off our books?
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
Does this take the dead money for Fisher off our books?
No I don't think so.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:56 AM 05-10-2021
I think he can come off the 6 week designation and play. He had surgery in late January so the beginning of October will be his 10th month of rehab.

And honestly it’s a good move. He’s not done as a football player.

He’s only 30. He’s got time left.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:07 PM 05-10-2021
I've never seen a guy get his dick sucked so much by the media for doing so little.

He drafted Darius Leonard. And a really awesome OG, but he needed to burn the 6th overall pick to get him. And that's about it.

Great job, Chris! Want a damn cookie?

Hitting on a couple draft picks doesn't make you an elite GM (particularly for positions that are harder to go bust on than others). Has he created a bank within his own salary cap structure where cash can be "withdrawn" through contract restructures? Has he devised the most creative and awesome contract for his QB the league has ever seen? Has he ever completely renovated an entire position group in the course of just 3 months of an offseason not once but TWICE?

He's absolutely the ultimate Carl. Dane is right. He'll get you a playoff team, but he's never going to make the moves that will put them over the top.
[Reply]
sedated 12:12 PM 05-10-2021
Personally, its surprising that Fish didn't end up with a 2 year deal, even if it was incentive based. He won't contribute much his first year, much less be in top form. A 2nd year could be cheaper for the team and give him the security of having a chance to prove himself at 100%
[Reply]
BossChief 12:25 PM 05-10-2021
Good for him.

I’m thrilled we upgraded and hope the best for Fish.

He did his part and didn’t complain when we cut him for being injured.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 12:27 PM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's just the thing - they had multiple opportunities to address the position and simply didn't.

They weren't in on many of the early free agents and when the draft came around they took Paye (can't blame them there) AND Dayo (this one is a head scratcher).
Dayo is gonna be a good player.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:34 PM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
Dayo is gonna be a good player.
Keep hope alive.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 12:37 PM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I've never seen a guy get his dick sucked so much by the media for doing so little.

He drafted Darius Leonard. And a really awesome OG, but he needed to burn the 6th overall pick to get him. And that's about it.

Great job, Chris! Want a damn cookie?

Hitting on a couple draft picks doesn't make you an elite GM (particularly for positions that are harder to go bust on than others). Has he created a bank within his own salary cap structure where cash can be "withdrawn" through contract restructures? Has he devised the most creative and awesome contract for his QB the league has ever seen? Has he ever completely renovated an entire position group in the course of just 3 months of an offseason not once but TWICE?

He's absolutely the ultimate Carl. Dane is right. He'll get you a playoff team, but he's never going to make the moves that will put them over the top.
This is a little weak. Turay, Lewis, Braden Smith, Julien Blackmon, Michael Pittman, Jonathan Taylor, Khari Willis, Okereke, Anthony Walker, and Grover Stewart are all quality starters drafted in the 2nd round or later just in the past 3 years.

Ballard is a really good gm who got sucker punched when Luck retired. But overall, he’s done a fantastic job.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:42 PM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
This is a little weak. Turay, Lewis, Braden Smith, Julien Blackmon, Michael Pittman, Jonathan Taylor, Khari Willis, Okereke, Anthony Walker, and Grover Stewart are all quality starters drafted in the 2nd round or later just in the past 3 years.

Ballard is a really good gm who got sucker punched when Luck retired. But overall, he’s done a fantastic job.
Uhh... you're REALLY stretching it when you say all of those guys are "quality" starters. What you have are starters. Not all of them are quality.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up