ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Fisher to the Colts
staylor26 09:52 AM 05-10-2021

Pro Bowl LT Eric Fisher is signing a one-year, $9.4 million deal with the Indianapolis Colts, per source. The former No. 1 overall pick now will be Carson Wentz’s blindside protector.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 10, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 10:28 AM 05-10-2021
They can play Tevi and bandaid it up til Fish gets healthy I suppose.
[Reply]
Fish 10:33 AM 05-10-2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:38 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
That would be hoping that Wentz makes it long enough to when Fisher comes back.

Although that could be a benefit because it wouldn’t cost them a first round pick for him.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:39 AM 05-10-2021
late season insurance I guess. 9 mil is a lot. Not sure I get this move.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:40 AM 05-10-2021
Man, starting a former Charger, knowing how badly the Chargers needed a LT, seems like a big problem.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:40 AM 05-10-2021
Somewhere a bunch of Colts fans are high fiving and clapping.
[Reply]
O.city 10:44 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That would be hoping that Wentz makes it long enough to when Fisher comes back.

Although that could be a benefit because it wouldn’t cost them a first round pick for him.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Man, starting a former Charger, knowing how badly the Chargers needed a LT, seems like a big problem.
It's not ideal. But it's a way to go about it and make it functional. To get your long term LT, gonna have to draft one early or trade for one so bandaid it up and move on.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:46 AM 05-10-2021
That's a roll of the dice for $9 million. I felt bad for Fish getting hurt late in the AFC Championship game. He was a good soldier here. Wish him the best and that he gets healthy enough to play well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:48 AM 05-10-2021
It's not ideal. But it's a way to go about it and make it functional. To get your long term LT, gonna have to draft one early or trade for one so bandaid it up and move on.
That's just the thing - they had multiple opportunities to address the position and simply didn't.

They weren't in on many of the early free agents and when the draft came around they took Paye (can't blame them there) AND Dayo (this one is a head scratcher).
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:49 AM 05-10-2021
I mean, for all of the talk about Veach and Ballard, it seems like Veach is always looking ahead a year while Ballard's moves are always a year behind.
[Reply]
O.city 10:50 AM 05-10-2021
That's just the thing - they had multiple opportunities to address the position and simply didn't.

They weren't in on many of the early free agents and when the draft came around they took Paye (can't blame them there) AND Dayo (this one is a head scratcher).
With Reich and the offensive staff, I'd guess they figure they can get by with what they had and just couldn't pass up on a pass rusher or two. Makes some sense.

I think I'd have taken Darrisaw but Paye could be really good.

Similar situation we all thought KC could be in and they went about it the way I figured the Chiefs would.

They'll have to spend a 1 on it sooner than later.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:50 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Somewhere a bunch of Colts fans are high fiving and clapping.

[Reply]
O.city 10:51 AM 05-10-2021
I mean, for all of the talk about Veach and Ballard, it seems like Veach is always looking ahead a year while Ballard's moves are always a year behind.
I think, when it comes down to it, Veach has Andy and Mahomes and Ballard doesn't.

Ballard is a fine GM. Pretty good. But until you hit on those two things ( I think Reich will continue to be a really good coach though) you're just capped.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:52 AM 05-10-2021
With Reich and the offensive staff, I'd guess they figure they can get by with what they had and just couldn't pass up on a pass rusher or two. Makes some sense.

I think I'd have taken Darrisaw but Paye could be really good.

Similar situation we all thought KC could be in and they went about it the way I figured the Chiefs would.

They'll have to spend a 1 on it sooner than later.
There were options in the 2nd and they took a guy that's already talking about whether or not he'll be ready for the start of the season.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:52 AM 05-10-2021

They could have gone after Brown like we did. Unless they weren’t willing to give up that much....they could have had Brown, Basham and Dayo. Instead they got Fish, Paye and Dayo.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 19
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up