ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock (5/4)
Direckshun 01:29 PM 05-04-2021
Let's do this thing.

Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs lose Super Bowl LVI to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. HC Andy Reid and GM Brett Veach are retained. The salary cap jumps $35m.

2. OC Eric Bienemy is hired by your mom's favorite team to become a HC.

3. The Chiefs franchise: OT Orlando Brown.

4. The Chiefs cut: OG Laurent Duvarney-Tardif, ILB Anthony Hitchens.

5. The Chiefs extended: WR Tyreek Hill for 4 years, $80m ($52 guaranteed), S Tyrann Mathieu for 3 years, $52m ($30m guaranteeed)

6. The Chiefs tender: WR Jody Fortson, OT Prince Tega Wanogho, DE Tim Ward, LB Emmanuel Smith, LB Omari Cobb

7. The Chiefs re-sign: DT Jarran Reed 2 years, $20m ($8m guaranteed), DT Derrick Nnadi 2 years, $9m ($1m guaranteed)

8. The Chiefs re-sign to minimal deals: QB Chad Henne, RB Damien Williams, WR Marcus Kemp, LB Ben Niemann, LB Darius Harris, WR Byron Pringle, OT Mike Remmers, OG Andrew Wylie, C Austin Blythe, LS James Winchester

9. The Chiefs let walk: RB Jerick McKinnon, FB Michael Burton, OT Martinas Rankin, OG Kyle Long, WR Demarcus Robinson, TE Blake Bell, TE Nick Keizer, DE Taco Charlton, OLB Dorian O'Daniel, CB Charvarius Ward, S Dan Sorensen, S Armani Watts.

10. The Chiefs sign DE Emmanuel Ogbah to 2 years, $22m ($10m guaranteed), CB Malcolm Butler (Cardinals) to 2 years, $22m ($12m guaranteed).

11. The Chiefs are picking 31st.

The draft:

1. WR Jahan Dotson, Penn State
2. DE Zach Harrison, Ohio State
3. CB Altonae Taylor, Tennessee
3 (Bienemy). S Donovan Stiner, Florida
4. RB Max Borghi, Washington State
6. S Yusuf Corker, Kentucky
6. OG/C Brett Heggie, Florida
7. LB K'Vaughan Pope, Ohio State

the roster:

QB: Mahomes, Henne
RB: Edwards-Helaire, Williams, Borghi, Thompson
FB: some guy

WR: Hill, Dotson, Hardman, Pringle, Powell, Fortson, Kemp
TE: Kelce, Gray

LT: Brown, Remmers
LG: Thuney, Allegretti
C: Humphrey, Blythe, Heggie
RG: Smith, Wylie, Heggie
RT: Niang, Remmers, Wanogho

DE: Clark, Kaindoh, Ward
DT: Jones, Wharton
DT: Nnadi, Reed, Saunders
DE: Ogbah, Harrison, Danna

OLB: Gay, Cobb
ILB: Bolton, Niemann, Pope
OLB: Harris, Smith, Pope

CB: Sneed, Butler, Taylor, Fenton, Keyes
S: Mathieu, Thornhill, Stiner, Corker

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
staylor26 01:34 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by :
Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs lose Super Bowl LVI to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. HC Andy Reid and GM Brett Veach are retained. The salary cap jumps $35m.

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:41 PM 05-04-2021
1. Not gonna happen.

2. Not gonna happen.

4. Isn't LDT a free agent after this season?

8. They're going to re-sign Williams after him being gone for a year?

9. For better or worse, both Sorenson and Robinson will be back.

10. Not gonna happen.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:44 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
1. Not gonna happen.

2. Not gonna happen.

4. Isn't LDT a free agent after this season?

8. They're going to re-sign Williams after him being gone for a year?

9. For better or worse, both Sorenson and Robinson will be back.

10. Not gonna happen.
I thought the same on LDT, but according to overthecap he's got a voidable year in 2022, so I just wanted to be completist.

I also meant Darrel Williams. :-) Darn it.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:48 PM 05-04-2021
What kind of flaming bundle of sticks Chiefs fan is picking the Bucs to beat the Chiefs in the SB again after what Veach just did with the OL?

You’re honestly the worst.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:18 PM 05-04-2021
Man you are on a roll....
[Reply]
Chargem 03:17 PM 05-04-2021
Pretty amazing how the whole offense is pretty locked up for 2022 now, the main areas of need look like they will be D Line and the Secondary.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:29 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Pretty amazing how the whole offense is pretty locked up for 2022 now, the main areas of need look like they will be D Line and the Secondary.
Linebackers as well.

Right now, I'm banking on Matt House earning his paycheck and turning all these young guys into Spags 'backers.

That's anything but assured, and if it falls apart, the Chiefs are going to have to do a three-level makeover on that defense.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:31 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What kind of flaming bundle of sticks Chiefs fan is picking the Bucs to beat the Chiefs in the SB again after what Veach just did with the OL?

I think the Chiefs and the Bucs are pretty even.

I do think the Bucs have tools to slow us down, however. They're not going to smother Mahomes in a potential rematch, but they should be able to blanket our receivers again. It'll be interesting to see how our run game develops this year.

I'm not sure we have the tools just yet to slow the Bucs down. Obviously it's just May, so our rematch is like 9 months away, but right now, how do we get to Brady? How do we match up against their receivers? Are we confident about our run defense?

It's May. Everything's subject to change. This is just an intellectual exercise.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:33 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think the Chiefs and the Bucs are pretty even.

I do think the Bucs have tools to slow us down, however. They're not going to smother Mahomes in a potential rematch, but they should be able to blanket our receivers again. It'll be interesting to see how our run game develops this year.

I'm not sure we have the tools just yet to slow the Bucs down. Obviously it's just May, so our rematch is 15 months away, but right now, how do we get to Brady? How do we match up against their receivers? Are we confident about our run defense?

It's May. Everything's subject to change. This is just an intellectual exercise.
Blanket our receivers like they did in the first meeting? The one where we torched them because Mahomes had more than two seconds to throw the ball?
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:37 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Blanket our receivers like they did in the first meeting? The one where we torched them because Mahomes had more than two seconds to throw the ball?
You guys REALLY NEED to watch the Bucs games again on the All 22.

They changed up their coverage entirely in the 2nd half and the Chiefs scored like two field goals.

Their coverage in the Super Bowl was pretty similar. They had a great, creative scheme (Todd Bowles ran out a weird, Big 12-esque coverage for much of the game) along with some outstanding performances. Sean Murphy-Bunting is a quick-twitch slot corner who's still somehow 6'0", and he pitched a near-perfect game in coverage. The Bucs threw everything at Kelce, but they also sometimes just slapped Lavonte David on him and David played out of his mind.

The OL probably cost us that game, but we all know the truth: the Bucs beat us in several ways, not just that one.

I think the Chiefs have gained on the Bucs, and maybe have surpassed them. But right now, in May, I think it's easier for the Bucs to score us on than it is for us to score on them, which gives the GOAT the advantage.
[Reply]
O.city 03:42 PM 05-04-2021
I think the Chiefs still have something up their sleeve in regards to WR #2
[Reply]
Dante84 04:20 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
You guys REALLY NEED to watch the Bucs games again on the All 22.

They changed up their coverage entirely in the 2nd half and the Chiefs scored like two field goals.

Their coverage in the Super Bowl was pretty similar. They had a great, creative scheme (Todd Bowles ran out a weird, Big 12-esque coverage for much of the game) along with some outstanding performances. Sean Murphy-Bunting is a quick-twitch slot corner who's still somehow 6'0", and he pitched a near-perfect game in coverage. The Bucs threw everything at Kelce, but they also sometimes just slapped Lavonte David on him and David played out of his mind.

The OL probably cost us that game, but we all know the truth: the Bucs beat us in several ways, not just that one.

I think the Chiefs have gained on the Bucs, and maybe have surpassed them. But right now, in May, I think it's easier for the Bucs to score us on than it is for us to score on them, which gives the GOAT the advantage.
I hate to be that guy, but a huge, huge element of that game was early, questionable, drive-sustaining penalties exclusively called against the Chiefs.

These penalties both served as momentum killers for us and boosters for them, and also led to an early hole for us and lead for them.

Their early lead then led to us becoming even more one-dimensional (both due to poor play calling and necessity) as the game went on, which only served to exacerbate their strength and our weakness - their DLine vs our OLine.

I really think that if that same game is played 10 times - not as a series but rather in different timelines in the same exact scenario - we win it 7/10 times.

With standard officiating, their drives end when they are supposed to, the score stays close, Mahomes does his thing, we stay multi-dimensional, its a close finish.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:57 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:

If we re-played that game next month we'd win by 3 scores.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:59 PM 05-04-2021
Some of you guys, man. I've been trying real hard to be positive.

But I think some of you guys are completely delusional.

Do you really not see how drastically better this team is than three months ago?

Do you really not get how talented and deep that offensive line is now?

We're DRAMATICALLY better. Maybe HISTORICALLY so.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up