ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Packaging both 2nds
kccrow 11:06 AM 04-29-2021
Do you think Veach will package both 2's in a move up to say 34 with the Jets for one guy he covets, or does he stand pat?

If you think he does move up, who's it for?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:10 AM 04-29-2021
Do you think he’d trade picks from next year to move up with one of the seconds?
[Reply]
kccrow 11:17 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Do you think he’d trade picks from next year to move up with one of the seconds?
Probably more on the table than packaging both 2nds, really.

Looking back at past trades and using the Rich Hill model, which is far more accurate now than the old Johnson one, the value of a future pick is about the 16th pick of the next round.

A future 1 would get you to the 27-28 range in the 1st (almost certainly not happening)
A future 2 would get you to about 40.
A future 3 would get you to about 49.
[Reply]
O.city 11:17 AM 04-29-2021
No way. To either.

Teams arent gonna give up 2022 picks for picks in this draft with less info.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:22 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
No way. To either.

Teams arent gonna give up 2022 picks for picks in this draft with less info.
Eh... I don't know about that. They still scouted these guys, they still attended pro days, they still have some numbers to work with, and they did get zoom interviews. So long as they don't have major medical concerns, and even then they do have some medical info, I think things are in play.

I don't think a team is going to go bouncing up for certain guys like Dickerson, Marshall, Farley, Little, and so on but I think they will for other guys with clean histories.

I'd say, they may not be as aggressive.

Personally, I don't think Veach would put up both 2's but I wanted to gauge everyone and dually note your opinion here as well. I do though, think he'd maybe dangle a 3rd out there if he could get the value and a player is sitting at 49-51 that he really wants.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:25 AM 04-29-2021
maybe if Veach feels there's an elite pass-rusher or WR playmaker available, but doubtful. Rousseau and Tony come 2 mind, but i'm not sure I'd move up for either.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:26 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
maybe if Veach feels there's an elite pass-rusher or WR playmaker available, but doubtful. Rousseau and Tony come 2 mind, but i'm not sure I'd move up for either.
My thought was Bateman drops a little. Would be really enticing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:28 AM 04-29-2021
I could see him packaging a pick from next year to move up for a WR that he likes. Even if that guys is Terrace Marshall Jr.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:32 AM 04-29-2021
I could definitely see Veach trading up. I hope he doesn't but I could totally see him doing it.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:35 AM 04-29-2021
I could see him using a mid or late rd pick to trade up a few spots but nothing crazy.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:36 AM 04-29-2021
I think it might be more likely that we do that on day 2 than day 1.

Like, if he feels the sweet spot is rounds 2-3, I could see us moving back into the 3rd with our later picks or possibly incorporate some late next year picks.

You have to think we might net some Comp picks for Watkins, Tanoh, Bell, Wis or Reiter, though those might be offset by Reed, Thuney, Blythe acquisitions (does Reed count since he was cut?).
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:38 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Probably more on the table than packaging both 2nds, really.

Looking back at past trades and using the Rich Hill model, which is far more accurate now than the old Johnson one, the value of a future pick is about the 16th pick of the next round.

A future 1 would get you to the 27-28 range in the 1st (almost certainly not happening)
A future 2 would get you to about 40.
A future 3 would get you to about 49.
I'd prefer to stand pat, because brown and two seconds is a fantastic place to be sitting as a team that just went to a superbowl. However i would consider moving to 40 if it looks like a guy will be there. And when i say "A guy" I mean a posistion of value and a high ceiling guy. You can always get creative and recoup that second next year by trading back in what should be a massive draft class.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:42 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I'd prefer to stand pat, because brown and two seconds is a fantastic place to be sitting as a team that just went to a superbowl.
THIS
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:46 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
THIS
I seem to be on the same page as you a lot lately. At one point i think we butted heads and i thought you were a real dumbass, but now ill tip my hat to you good sir.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 11:54 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I could definitely see Veach trading up. I hope he doesn't but I could totally see him doing it.
This. I really hope he doesn't but he is very aggressive by nature so it wouldn't surprise me to see him trade up (he's traded up in 3 straight drafts).
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up