ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The case for Tommy Tremble or any other high drafted TE.
The Franchise 07:40 PM 04-25-2021
We need an X WR. I’m not downplaying that by any means. And I wouldn’t be surprised to see them draft one at either 58 or 63. But will there be one of the highly rated WRs available.

By the time we get to 58....Dyami Brown, Tylan Wallace, Nico Collins or Amon Ra St Brown could be gone.

And if we stay at 58 or 63.....we aren’t drafting again until 144.

Why not draft a top TE if one is there and have Kelce be our X for all intents and purposes. Move him around and let Tremble or Long play the typical TE position.

Just a thought.

Feel free to roast me.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:40 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
For sure, they've fiddled around with guys that fit the archetype. They've never really committed resources to it and taking one of the guys you listed is really just the status quo of taking a long shot guy and seeing if he hits.

As opposed to taking a guy in the 2nd round, which is spending a premium resource. They've never really done that for a TE or a big WR.
sure.

We had a lot of money tied up in #1, #2, and #1 TE.

Currently, we've got Hill, Kelce, and JAGS. Hardman I haven't given up on yet, but I don't think he can really be a #2 in a traditional way.

But then, Reid is not traditional. So who knows?

I think a guy like Tremble is interesting, because you COULD use him as an H-back type and move him all around the formation. That might be a wrinkle that really gives defenses fits, and if that's something that Andy wants to do, it does make sense, with Hill and Hardman stressing you deep, and then Kelce and Tremble underneath.

But who knows. We'll know more in a couple of days.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:15 PM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by gonefishin53:
The 2 TE area of the playbook seems quite under utilized due to the current selection of #2 TEs, imo.
It's the other way around.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up