ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The case for Tommy Tremble or any other high drafted TE.
The Franchise 07:40 PM 04-25-2021
We need an X WR. I’m not downplaying that by any means. And I wouldn’t be surprised to see them draft one at either 58 or 63. But will there be one of the highly rated WRs available.

By the time we get to 58....Dyami Brown, Tylan Wallace, Nico Collins or Amon Ra St Brown could be gone.

And if we stay at 58 or 63.....we aren’t drafting again until 144.

Why not draft a top TE if one is there and have Kelce be our X for all intents and purposes. Move him around and let Tremble or Long play the typical TE position.

Just a thought.

Feel free to roast me.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 01:55 PM 04-27-2021
I think Andy would like to run 12 personnel more but he's only got one TE that is both an effective receiver and an effective blocker. I think Tremble would allow Andy to run considerably more 12 personnel. Tremble can also play FB and HB allowing Andy to get deeper in his playbook and get Tremble more snaps.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:47 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by gonefishin53:
I think Andy would like to run 12 personnel more but he's only got one TE that is both an effective receiver and an effective blocker. I think Tremble would allow Andy to run considerably more 12 personnel. Tremble can also play FB and HB allowing Andy to get deeper in his playbook and get Tremble more snaps.
They've made like zero effort to acquire a 2nd TE since Kelce was drafted nearly 8 years ago.

What makes you say you think Andy wants to run more 12 personnel? If anything, the lack of ever even trying to get a TE2 suggests the opposite.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:59 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They've made like zero effort to acquire a 2nd TE since Kelce was drafted nearly 8 years ago.

What makes you say you think Andy wants to run more 12 personnel? If anything, the lack of ever even trying to get a TE2 suggests the opposite.
what if Tremble is another chess piece?

TE2, fullback, big slot from motion?

Maybe Andy wants a new wildcard.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:08 PM 04-27-2021
While I think that Reid wants to run the ball more efficiently, I can't ever see a day when his Pass/Run ratio is less than 60/40 at its lowest.

I don't think they even consider drafting a TE before their second pick in the 5th, and that's probably a stretch, especially since they re-signed Blake Bell and Nick Keizer.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:17 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
While I think that Reid wants to run the ball more efficiently, I can't ever see a day when his Pass/Run ratio is less than 60/40 at its lowest.

I don't think they even consider drafting a TE before their second pick in the 5th, and that's probably a stretch, especially since they re-signed Blake Bell and Nick Keizer.
Nick Keizer wouldn’t stop me from drafting a TE. Hell....Blake Bell wouldn’t either.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:26 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Nick Keizer wouldn’t stop me from drafting a TE. Hell....Blake Bell wouldn’t either.
I totally agree but if drafting a Tight End was in their plans, re-signing both guys most likely wouldn't have happened, especially Bell.

The Chiefs have drafted exactly two TE's in Reid's tenure. They traded away James O'Shaughnessy after just two years and haven't drafted one since.

In 2019, Kelce played 93% of the offensive snaps while Bell only played 38% of their offensive snaps, so I just don't think that's a draft priority at this point in time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:34 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It wouldn't stop any of US from drafting another TE.

But look at what the Chiefs have done at the position.

They're not going to draft a TE. They just don't value it like we do.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:35 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I totally agree but if drafting a Tight End was in their plans, re-signing both guys most likely wouldn't have happened, especially Bell.

The Chiefs have drafted exactly two TE's in Reid's tenure. They traded away James O'Shaughnessy after just two years and haven't drafted one since.

In 2019, Kelce played 93% of the offensive snaps while Bell only played 38% of their offensive snaps, so I just don't think that's a draft priority at this point in time.
Not only that but they brought in RSJ as a potential pass catch and then had him on the PS all season. It's kind of obvious they don't really want 2 pass catchers on the field at the same time - RSJ was there strictly in case Kelce went down for an extended period.
[Reply]
O.city 08:06 AM 04-28-2021
I kinda wonder if they are still interested in Ertz
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:44 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It wouldn't stop any of US from drafting another TE.

But look at what the Chiefs have done at the position.

They're not going to draft a TE. They just don't value it like we do.
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I would say we really don't know what they're going to value in any given off-season. Reid and Veach have shown they're actually quite flexibile, especially since Mahomes.

Reid rarely drafted RB's high, but
took CEH at #31.

They'd paid OT's but not spent much in either cash or draft capital on OG's, but made Thuney the highest paid Guard in football.

They'd shown they didn't value LB all that much, but drafted Gay in the second.

The one constant, I think is that Reid is going to throw the football.

I would find it interesting indeed if they took a TE like Tremble high. I don't expect them to. BUT I wouldn't be shocked. I think Andy likes to add new wrinkles and tinker constantly, it's what keeps him ahead of the curve. And you could make an argument that more 21 sets with talented TE's might make the lackluster 'X' receiver situation less of a weakness.

Again, I'm not expecting that, just saying I could see why they might do it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:38 AM 04-28-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I would say we really don't know what they're going to value in any given off-season. Reid and Veach have shown they're actually quite flexibile, especially since Mahomes.

took CEH at #31.

They'd paid OT's but not spent much in either cash or draft capital on OG's, but made Thuney the highest paid Guard in football.

I would find it interesting indeed if they took a TE like Tremble high. I don't expect them to. BUT I wouldn't be shocked. I think Andy likes to add new wrinkles and tinker constantly, it's what keeps him ahead of the curve. And you could make an argument that more 21 sets with talented TE's might make the lackluster 'X' receiver situation less of a weakness.

You're not wrong. They do seem to zig when everybody expects them to zag.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:32 AM 04-28-2021

took CEH at #31.

Great post! Couldn’t agree more and that’s why I included Tremble on my list of possible picks at 58 and 63.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:43 AM 04-28-2021
It's the same thing with the big body, tall WR thing.

Andy clearly is intrigued with the possibilities...although he hasn't gone all in on one. But we gave Benjamin a try, Fortson and Kemp keep hanging around. Just because none of those guys has proven to be a legit threat doesn't mean the 'type' isn't one that Reid wouldn't utilize, it just means those guys aren't all that good.

I wouldn't be shocked if we take a Nico Collins/Fehoko/Imatorbhebhe type. It would be a real mismatch for defenses that are trying to combat the speed of Hill and Hardman to have to deal with another big, physical receiver to pair with Kelce.

But we don't really know what wrinkles Reid is thinking about adding this season; just plan on there being some new wrinkles. Of that, I'm sure.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:01 AM 04-28-2021
It's the same thing with the big body, tall WR thing.

Andy clearly is intrigued with the possibilities...although he hasn't gone all in on one. But we gave Benjamin a try, Fortson and Kemp keep hanging around. Just because none of those guys has proven to be a legit threat doesn't mean the 'type' isn't one that Reid wouldn't utilize, it just means those guys aren't all that good.

I wouldn't be shocked if we take a Nico Collins/Fehoko/Imatorbhebhe type. It would be a real mismatch for defenses that are trying to combat the speed of Hill and Hardman to have to deal with another big, physical receiver to pair with Kelce.

But we don't really know what wrinkles Reid is thinking about adding this season; just plan on there being some new wrinkles. Of that, I'm sure.
For sure, they've fiddled around with guys that fit the archetype. They've never really committed resources to it and taking one of the guys you listed is really just the status quo of taking a long shot guy and seeing if he hits.

As opposed to taking a guy in the 2nd round, which is spending a premium resource. They've never really done that for a TE or a big WR.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 05:40 PM 04-28-2021
Tremble is an excellent blocker and that would seem to fit in with the new emphasis on being a better blocking team. Tremble lead blocking on WR screens with Hill and Hardman would be fun to watch. The 2 TE area of the playbook seems quite under utilized due to the current selection of #2 TEs, imo.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up