ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 55
« First < 4445051525354 55 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
eDave 05:41 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Everyone should spend a year in Minnesota
23 in KC was more than enough.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:50 PM 02-25-2021

[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:57 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Why in the fuck would anyone willingly put themselves through that bullshit. Besides, we all have our own shit deal with. #swampass
I say that because everyone thinks their weather is bad.....

We get everything but hurricanes. Our feels like temps over a one year period can be a 130 degrees difference. Stifling humidity, crazy severe storms, 20 inches of snow...then some of the best falls ever.

part b. Just saw a story about some guy complaining about carrying 5 gallons of water from a pool to someplace up the stairs. He said "this is heavy, it must be 30 pounds.

No shit dude. Have you never ever carried a 5 gallon bucket of water?

5 gallons x 8.3 pounds = 41.5 pounds plus the mass of the bucket.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:43 PM 02-25-2021
As long as I could perma-spend my time in places like the former Nina's Grill in Burnsville (now closed), I'd love it. Those were some awesome people and that's all I'm going to say about that.
[Reply]
Pants 09:17 PM 02-25-2021

We get everything but hurricanes. Our feels like temps over a one year period can be a 130 degrees difference. Stifling humidity, crazy severe storms, 20 inches of snow...then some of the best falls ever.

part b. Just saw a story about some guy complaining about carrying 5 gallons of water from a pool to someplace up the stairs. He said "this is heavy, it must be 30 pounds.

No shit dude. Have you never ever carried a 5 gallon bucket of water?

5 gallons x 8.3 pounds = 41.5 pounds plus the mass of the bucket.
You should go live in Anchorage. :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:23 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
You should go live in Anchorage. :-)
only May-Aug
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:38 PM 02-25-2021

Even the fall sucks ass. Cold and fucking rainy.

There's absolutely nothing redeeming about living here. Literally nothing.

And shit, you say you don't have hurricanes but it wasn't even 6 months ago that we had a fucking derecho with 120mph winds, so yeah, we even have hurricanes or might as well.

And yes, I get more bitter about this shithole by the hour. Got a real estate agent on speed dial now though. Things are about to change.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:13 AM 02-26-2021
We're in the thawed out dog shit everywhere phase of our melt
[Reply]
2112 07:50 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Even the fall sucks ass. Cold and fucking rainy.

There's absolutely nothing redeeming about living here. Literally nothing.

And shit, you say you don't have hurricanes but it wasn't even 6 months ago that we had a fucking derecho with 120mph winds, so yeah, we even have hurricanes or might as well.

And yes, I get more bitter about this shithole by the hour. Got a real estate agent on speed dial now though. Things are about to change.
I like the Midwest, but I was just thinking. I’m 25 minutes from the beach in the summertime and in 6 weeks it will be a 20 minute ride to the marina to go fishing in the Atlantic Ocean. It’s fun here in the spring/summer, but the rest of the shit aka traffic/high taxes/lunatic governor et al. I got about 10 years to go to retire so hopefully they won’t force me out before that.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:48 AM 02-26-2021
Nope. :-)

I also have the reference point of living in the midwest for 35 years... and the next best places like Southern California or Hawaii means dumping craploads of money down the toilet in property taxes and other expenses.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:49 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
I like the Midwest, but I was just thinking. I’m 25 minutes from the beach in the summertime and in 6 weeks it will be a 20 minute ride to the marina to go fishing in the Atlantic Ocean. It’s fun here in the spring/summer, but the rest of the shit aka traffic/high taxes/lunatic governor et al. I got about 10 years to go to retire so hopefully they won’t force me out before that.
Well, in the midst of all of this, my job wants me closer to our operations hub which is in the RTP area of NC. Been looking at places about 45 minutes inland from the Banks.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:34 PM 02-26-2021
You'd fit right in with those hillbilly fucks buddy :-)
[Reply]
FlaChief58 03:54 PM 02-26-2021
It's been In the 80's here with thankfully low humidity. It's not supposed to get cooler till Thursday when the next "cold" front comes through. That'll get us back down into the 70's.

I love this time of year!
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:00 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
You'd fit right in with those hillbilly fucks buddy :-)
Yeah, this area isn't hillbillies. :-)
[Reply]
2112 05:23 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Well, in the midst of all of this, my job wants me closer to our operations hub which is in the RTP area of NC. Been looking at places about 45 minutes inland from the Banks.
Nice! That’s awesome! Good luck! The housing market has been crazy.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 55
« First < 4445051525354 55 >
Up