ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Michael Keaton is.... BATMAN.
Mephistopheles Janx 08:32 AM 01-05-2021
This is the first time that DC has made an announcement regarding their movies that has made me happy.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ObP-sDWADARhF8

Originally Posted by :
It’s fair to say that nobody was expecting the bombshell announcement that Michael Keaton is set to reprise the role of Bruce Wayne for the first time since 1992 in The Flash. How exactly his Batman will factor into things still remains unclear, but we know that he’ll be taking on a Nick Fury-like role as a veteran mentor to young Barry Allen.

Apparently, the film will see the titular hero go back in time in an effort to prevent the death of his mom, which leads to him creating another universe and it’s here that we’ll meet Keaton, with his Caped Crusader being the protector of this alternate reality. Not only that, but we’re now learning that he’ll actually become the main Batman in the DCEU timeline as well eventually, rather than have Ben Affleck or even Robert Pattinson take on that particular role.

In a recent interview with the New York Times, Warner Bros. exec Walter Hamada revealed that there will be multiple versions of the hero within the DC Extended Universe soon, saying:

“Coming up, for instance, Warner Bros. will have two different film sagas involving Batman — played by two different actors — running at the same time.”

Obviously, this caused a bit of confusion, but the writer behind the interview, Brooks Barnes, hopped on Twitter shortly after to explain that these two Dark Knights will be Keaton and Robert Pattinson and it’s the former who’ll be the main Batman moving forward, given that Pattinson’s version exists in a separate continuity and Affleck is being phased out after his return in The Flash. Or that’s how it looks, at least, given that the two Batmen that Hamada is referring to don’t include Big Ben.

[Reply]
The Franchise 12:20 PM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
DC is done with the DCU. There will be no more interconnected movies, nor will the movies connect with any of their TV series, whether they're on the CW or HBO Max.

They're planning to release 6 films per year but none will be connected. It'll be like WW1984 in which it's not connected to any other films.

The "Snyder-verse" is over.
6 films per year? Why do they hate us so much?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:23 PM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
6 films per year? Why do they hate us so much?
At this point, they've given up on competing with Marvel's MCU, so they're just throwing their IP out there and hoping it sticks, which of course, is a terrible strategy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:26 PM 01-06-2021
And don't believe that Nolan quote from some dopey, unverified website.

Nolan is livid with WB and has told people that he never wants to work with them again while ripping HBO Max publicly. There's no way that just a few weeks later, he's up for more Batman movies, especially when Matt Reeves has his project, The Flash movie will have 3 different Batman's and so on.

Nolan's far too creative and original to become just another Batman guy.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:51 PM 01-06-2021
And don't believe that Nolan quote from some dopey, unverified website.

Nolan is livid with WB and has told people that he never wants to work with them again while ripping HBO Max publicly. There's no way that just a few weeks later, he's up for more Batman movies, especially when Matt Reeves has his project, The Flash movie will have 3 different Batman's and so on.

Nolan's far too creative and original to become just another Batman guy.
:-) yeah, it was from giantfreakinrobot.com
[Reply]
Valiant 01:57 PM 01-06-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Maybe it's just me, but isn't Keaton (love the guy, don't get me wrong) a little old to play the Caped Crusader at this point?
Batman beyond is the best batman imo.

He did great as vulture. Basically the same as an old wayne.

But I don't trust anyone making those movies unless animated movies.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:33 AM 01-07-2021
DC is done with the DCU. There will be no more interconnected movies, nor will the movies connect with any of their TV series, whether they're on the CW or HBO Max.

They're planning to release 6 films per year but none will be connected. It'll be like WW1984 in which it's not connected to any other films.

The "Snyder-verse" is over.
:-)

I mean they thought it would be a good idea to CGI out a fucking mustache for an entire movie.

Who is calling the shots over there? A bunch of monkeys fucking a pile of cantaloupes.

If they were smart, they'd just quit trying to make serious superhero movies and go full on camp. At least the Jim Carrey Batman movie was funny.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:40 AM 01-07-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
:-)

If they were smart, they'd just quit trying to make serious superhero movies and go full on camp. At least the Jim Carrey Batman movie was funny.
Was it though? I tried to watch it recently and couldn't get more than 20 minutes in. Just terrible.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:47 AM 05-12-2021

'THE FLASH' Will Take Us Back To Tim Burton's Gotham City https://t.co/oP4CeWNE4O #TheFlash #Batman pic.twitter.com/19WQnwwm56

— Geek Vibes Nation (@GeekVibesNation) May 11, 2021

[Reply]
Frazod 06:23 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Was it though? I tried to watch it recently and couldn't get more than 20 minutes in. Just terrible.
It's Citizen Kane compared to the one with Clooney and Schwarzenegger.

I saw that wretched turd in a packed theater opening weekend. It was awful from the first scene. Kept waiting for it to get better, but it never did. When it ended, the crowd was dead silent. After a couple of seconds I stood up and yelled "THAT SUCKED!" Then everybody started laughing and applauding me. :-)
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:26 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It's Citizen Kane compared to the one with Clooney and Schwarzenegger.

I saw that wretched turd in a packed theater opening weekend. It was awful from the first scene. Kept waiting for it to get better, but it never did. When it ended, the crowd was dead silent. After a couple of seconds I stood up and yelled "THAT SUCKED!" Then everybody started laughing and applauding me. :-)
A buddy was in town on leave and we went to see that turd at the theater. Just horrific.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:37 AM 05-12-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
A buddy was in town on leave and we went to see that turd at the theater. Just horrific.
I was actually visiting one of my best friends who lived in New York at the time. Saw it at a theater on Staten Island. Had a much better time at Coney Island.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:05 PM 06-04-2021

Michael Keaton's classic Batman costume for the movie 'The Flash' 🦇 shown by andy muschietti

What are your expectations for this movie? pic.twitter.com/of6cDtksSR

— DCFilmsUnited (@DCFUnited) June 4, 2021

[Reply]
Halfcan 08:13 PM 06-07-2021
MOAR Batmans!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up