ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 39
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:38 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
FYP
Know from experience beefcake?
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:43 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Wanna link it up?
This is some of what I read up on several months ago...
https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightf...training_guide

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightf...ngth_training/

https://thefitness.wiki/improving-your-diet/
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:58 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Shin splints are the fucking devil.
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Shin splints suck. Dealt with them in track and soccer.

You should ice for 20 minutes max at a time. then 20 minutes off, then repeat. I usually could only do this for about 2 hours at a time before I decided I needed a break from that. Mostly to get rid of shin splints you need to take it easy. Stretching, judicious icing, and rest is the cure.

Then when you're ready, restart your exercise regimen, but go slow. Like 1/3rd of whatever you were doing before. Build up gradually, and if the shin splints return, scale back for a week and then try to build up again. And consistent stretching and ice post-exercise during this time.

Also get after-market insoles. Amazing how they help with all your common foot/ankle/shin issues.

Thanks for all the info!

And FWIW, no idea if it's actually shin splints. I had no pain for a while, doing walk/jog intervals, but then at one point started having calf pain to the point I had to do something... and so I researched and it was a combination of too long of strides and not landing properly.

Fixed that and it shifted to the shins... and just before Christmas, the pain stuck around far longer than normal, into the evening, so I decided I'd take the 5 days as a break. Still hurt a few days ago, but not nearly as bad... but, it's pretty immediate when I start jogging, so thinking it could be the shoes or need more work learning how to walk.

I lower my heels off a step for a stretch and will put on foot behind the other... but, will try different stretches as well
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:03 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Thanks for all the info!

And FWIW, no idea if it's actually shin splints. I had no pain for a while, doing walk/jog intervals, but then at one point started having calf pain to the point I had to do something... and so I researched and it was a combination of too long of strides and not landing properly.

Fixed that and it shifted to the shins... and just before Christmas, the pain stuck around far longer than normal, into the evening, so I decided I'd take the 5 days as a break. Still hurt a few days ago, but not nearly as bad... but, it's pretty immediate when I start jogging, so thinking it could be the shoes or need more work learning how to walk.

I lower my heels off a step for a stretch and will put on foot behind the other... but, will try different stretches as well
Sounds like shin splints. Lay off hiking up hills/inclines for awhile. Maybe a couple weeks.
[Reply]
loochy 05:10 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Know from experience beefcake?
Sure, you skinny jean wearing twink.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:11 PM 01-02-2021
Explains your loose asshole at least
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:14 PM 01-02-2021
What are skinny jeans? Another weight-loss gadget?
[Reply]
lewdog 05:20 PM 01-02-2021
What are skinny jeans? Another weight-loss gadget?
Not sure if serious?
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:21 PM 01-02-2021
Always the low T guys introducing the gay stuff
[Reply]
lewdog 05:27 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Always the low T guys introducing the gay stuff
:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:34 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Not sure if serious?
I don't know what skinny jeans are. This is surprising? I can't be the only one.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:37 PM 01-02-2021
Went on a six mile run today and it really felt like I'm getting ahead of the curve going this early. There were a ton of people out today compared to last week.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:39 PM 01-02-2021
I don't know what skinny jeans are. This is surprising? I can't be the only one.
Added to the HDMI cable club description.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:41 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Added to the HDMI cable club description.
:-)
Progress?
[Reply]
redfan 05:42 PM 01-02-2021
Been walking 2-2.5 miles most days with wifey, gonna try to up to 3+ this year.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 39
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up