ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 56
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I want to show you my newest sports card...
arrowheadnation 01:18 AM 05-21-2020
The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:46 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Stickers do make them less valuable, on card will always sell at a premium but it is what it is. It’s not like half the line in a product is sticker and half is on card, it’s either all sticker or not.
Stickers autos typically return with higher grades on avg.

Ever seen a player sign a shit ton of cards? Cards become frisbees damn near.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:50 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Stickers autos typically return with higher grades on avg.

Ever seen a player sign a shit ton of cards? Cards become frisbees damn near.
Not saying they won’t grade better, but in card autos are more desirable, making them more expensive.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:52 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by IChief:
Thank you, back then it would have been Laytons or Mojo Breaks.
:-)

Never have broke with Mojo, but Layton's is always top notch.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:56 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
Not saying they won’t grade better, but in card autos are more desirable, making them more expensive.
I'm not disagreeing that they aren't more desirable and have higher values.

I'm pointing out that each have their own issues. People collect for all types of reasons. Value not being the top reason can be one.
[Reply]
In58men 04:09 PM 05-13-2021
I’d rather pay more money for the card to held by the actual signee rather than somebody slapping a sticker on it. Just a personal preference.
[Reply]
Valiant 04:30 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
This is what it has come to

Can’t link on phone but just google “Target sports card violence”

It shouldn’t have to be this way, man
Yeah I saw that. Target said they will sell online. They allow botters online. And then their other cards are outrageous resellers.

It sucks. Target and WalMart were the only places to get cheap cards. I actually liked what target was doing. Only thing different is restrict it per family. I saw a dude with 8 kids standing in line to grab the one of each rule.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 04:42 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
I’d rather pay more money for the card to held by the actual signee rather than somebody slapping a sticker on it. Just a personal preference.
That Certified sticker auto #1/5(jersey #) will command more more than many on card autos. The Select to /10, another hooboy.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:56 PM 05-13-2021

[Reply]
Easy 6 04:57 PM 05-13-2021
Had to take my son to walmart for a new pair of headphones yesterday. For giggles we decided to hit up "that" aisle. About 100ft before we got to that aisle I noticed a feller, about 50 make that turn down it. At first I thought maybe he was going to go the checkout. Nope. As we made the aisle he was grabbing every box of pokemon/anime/whatever that shit is off the shelf. As he walked past me I laughed and pointed at him. He kinda gave me a dirty look, but I didn't give a damn. He wasn't going to do shit.

I can't imagine spending a couple hundred bucks on the few boxes he got to only make maybe $10 on each box after all fees from selling them. That's not even making money. That is just making the money up for wasting the time.
Sounds just like the two early 30s chodes I told the story about at Walmart, standing around with arms full of magik and pokemon cards

Fucking tools, hope they didn't get anything worth a damn

Originally Posted by Valiant:
Yeah I saw that. Target said they will sell online. They allow botters online. And then their other cards are outrageous resellers.

It sucks. Target and WalMart were the only places to get cheap cards. I actually liked what target was doing. Only thing different is restrict it per family. I saw a dude with 8 kids standing in line to grab the one of each rule.
The only recourse I can think of is to order directly from Panini, otherwise its just impossible to enjoy this hobby

No chance I'd buy a box from some online rando, its gotten to the point where you never know if they've opened the packs and inserted base set dummies after cleaning out the good cards... then resealed them with pro grade equipment

It genuinely sucks man, money is truly the root of all evil
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 05:09 PM 05-13-2021
AJ Dillon, who is a backup RB for the Packers, is also a big collector. Here is a video of him pulling his own rookie patch auto where he then peels off the sticker and signs it on-card right on the video.

https://twitter.com/goldinauctions/s...354753029?s=21
[Reply]
In58men 05:18 PM 05-13-2021
That Certified sticker auto #1/5(jersey #) will command more more than many on card autos. The Select to /10, another hooboy.
Get it graded, it’ll bring in more.

It’s a nice card, I’m not downplaying the value of it. I’m just saying I prefer on card sigs.

Hypothetically if that card was selling for $5,000 and the on card sig for $10,000 I would be glad to pay the $10,000 and look look back.

Like I said it’s all personal preference.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:07 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Sounds just like the two early 30s chodes I told the story about at Walmart, standing around with arms full of magik and pokemon cards

Fucking tools, hope they didn't get anything worth a damn
I hope whoever he sells them to makes more money than he does.

Now that Target is done selling cards for the foreseeable future.

I wonder how this affects the market. Obviously Walmart will be soon to follow. I don't think retail stores have a lot of blame beyond not taking notice of the issue sooner and implementing proper procedures. Walmart and Target can't be making very much money off of having them on their shelves. Panini and the rest of the manufacturers are probably having that "oh fuck" face right about now. Good for that. Distributors are going to lose a lot of money, at least in the short term. Good for that as well.

LCS owners have much to blame more than anyone wants to talk about. How many times have you gone into a local card shop and there they have sitting retail with high mark ups right next to hobby? $20 retail blasters marked up to $60 and beyond. Don't think for one second LCS owners don't have their little minions running around grabbing up whatever they can. I stay out of my LCS's other than for needed supplies because they all are like dealing with a slimy used car salesmen. Then they have their buddies clogging up all the fucking space so they can talk bullshit for hours on end. Usually you find these same teletubbies hanging around flea markets on the weekends trying to sluff their off shit wares to someone. Fuck em.

I think I have mentioned this to you before. Buy Raw cards of what you want off of ebay. Pay attention to auctions, pay attention to new listings, pay attention to actual prices of sold listings to learn values, not live listings. Sometimes there is a new listing with a BIN price that you will not be able to pass up. Don't buy the raw cards from the newest release off ebay. Wait till prices settle a bit for raw cards of whatever that product may be. Wait till the next product is released to start buying the previous release in other words. Don't buy packs, boxes, etc. off ebay unless it strictly for an investment to keep unopened, and play that safely with your ass from a reputable seller. If you want to buy graded, that is fine. Just do research on prior sales of similar cards to it.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:16 AM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Get it graded, it’ll bring in more.

It’s a nice card, I’m not downplaying the value of it. I’m just saying I prefer on card sigs.

Hypothetically if that card was selling for $5,000 and the on card sig for $10,000 I would be glad to pay the $10,000 and look look back.

Like I said it’s all personal preference.
Yep, many ways to collect a PC.

I prefer low # parallels. Low-Mid-High end products, don't matter. I even love something like 2018 Panini Football. Cheap as shit stuff. But clean look, great photography. All the way high end to stuff like Flawless. I like making as big of rainbows of Kelce as I can. Old HOF rookies. 2017 and beyond Phoenix Color Burst RC's.
[Reply]
ghak99 07:05 AM 05-14-2021

I wonder how this affects the market. Obviously Walmart will be soon to follow. I don't think retail stores have a lot of blame beyond not taking notice of the issue sooner and implementing proper procedures. Walmart and Target can't be making very much money off of having them on their shelves. Panini and the rest of the manufacturers are probably having that "oh fuck" face right about now. Good for that. Distributors are going to lose a lot of money, at least in the short term. Good for that as well.

LCS owners have much to blame more than anyone wants to talk about. How many times have you gone into a local card shop and there they have sitting retail with high mark ups right next to hobby? $20 retail blasters marked up to $60 and beyond. Don't think for one second LCS owners don't have their little minions running around grabbing up whatever they can. I stay out of my LCS's other than for needed supplies because they all are like dealing with a slimy used car salesmen. Then they have their buddies clogging up all the fucking space so they can talk bullshit for hours on end. Usually you find these same teletubbies hanging around flea markets on the weekends trying to sluff their off shit wares to someone. Fuck em.

I think I have mentioned this to you before. Buy Raw cards of what you want off of ebay. Pay attention to auctions, pay attention to new listings, pay attention to actual prices of sold listings to learn values, not live listings. Sometimes there is a new listing with a BIN price that you will not be able to pass up. Don't buy the raw cards from the newest release off ebay. Wait till prices settle a bit for raw cards of whatever that product may be. Wait till the next product is released to start buying the previous release in other words. Don't buy packs, boxes, etc. off ebay unless it strictly for an investment to keep unopened, and play that safely with your ass from a reputable seller. If you want to buy graded, that is fine. Just do research on prior sales of similar cards to it.
:-)
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 07:55 AM 05-14-2021

I wonder how this affects the market. Obviously Walmart will be soon to follow. I don't think retail stores have a lot of blame beyond not taking notice of the issue sooner and implementing proper procedures. Walmart and Target can't be making very much money off of having them on their shelves. Panini and the rest of the manufacturers are probably having that "oh ****" face right about now. Good for that. Distributors are going to lose a lot of money, at least in the short term. Good for that as well.

LCS owners have much to blame more than anyone wants to talk about. How many times have you gone into a local card shop and there they have sitting retail with high mark ups right next to hobby? $20 retail blasters marked up to $60 and beyond. Don't think for one second LCS owners don't have their little minions running around grabbing up whatever they can. I stay out of my LCS's other than for needed supplies because they all are like dealing with a slimy used car salesmen. Then they have their buddies clogging up all the ****ing space so they can talk bullshit for hours on end. Usually you find these same teletubbies hanging around flea markets on the weekends trying to sluff their off shit wares to someone. **** em.

I totally second this and would add...go to local shows, yes, there will be the typical guys who have their stuff priced out of the stratosphere, but usually there are some guys that will sell at ebay minus fees which is a pretty good savings. (and if they don't sometimes you can convince them to).
[Reply]
Page 34 of 56
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up