ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 138 of 140
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 12:12 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Really where did you hear it from? I had heard rumors of Crohn's Disease but IBL is a new one.
I believe it was in his first season with us where it was mentioned that he had spastic colon issues. That is basically a symptom of IBS or Crohn's. I am no doc or anything like that but there is not a huge difference between the effects it has on a person and their eating habits. It is going to be dang hard to eat like a top-tier athlete playing a professional sport needs to consume foods. I remember hearing Tambi Hali talking about trying to consume 7,000 healthy calories a day. That has to be incredibly hard with the "stomach issues" that have been reported over and over about Frank Clark.
[Reply]
notorious 12:13 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Okay. So he's going to have to figure out how to manage it properly so it doesn't affect his play on the field.

If there's no way around it and he is what he is, then it's no different if he's got IBS, Crohn's, or Haglund's. He shouldn't have the contract he does playing the way he does.

People around here love to bitch about Justin Houston's contract, but Houston had a legit sports injury that happened in the line of duty. And once he fully recovered, no, he didn't crack 20 sacks again, but he was pretty productive.

Frank Clark has yet to sniff Houston's productivity over the course of an entire season.

(Cue the EXCEPT WHEN IT MATTERZ LULZ comments)
Please don’t mention Haglunds here every again.

Fuck
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:30 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The trade was worth the sideline interviews in 2019 playoffs alone.
They said he was the best back in the league. We sent his ass home.
[Reply]
TEX 12:31 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
They said he was the best back in the league. We sent his ass home.
"We broke in their house and stole they shit!"
[Reply]
Hoover 12:35 PM 05-14-2021
Veach is probably fine if this is Frank's last year in KC.

Move money off the books, attacks the edge position in the draft and free agency. Or who knows, a trade.

I have no problem with Frank. And honestly, I'd rather him ball out in the playoffs vs what we got out of Houston when it mattered the most.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:53 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Veach is probably fine if this is Frank's last year in KC.

Move money off the books, attacks the edge position in the draft and free agency. Or who knows, a trade.

I have no problem with Frank. And honestly, I'd rather him ball out in the playoffs vs what we got out of Houston when it mattered the most.
IMO he’ll be here in 2022 since Orlando Brown Jr will likely get his new deal and a low 1st year cap hit. They’ll likely get Frank to convert some of his salary to lower that 2022 cap hit.

Reason I say this is bc I think we’re gonna go hard on the DL like we did with OL this year but in the draft and they’ll want Frank there one last time.

I can totally see us doubling down on DL in the draft like the Bills did this year. Not 1st and 2nd but maybe 1st and 3rd
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:02 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
IMO he’ll be here in 2022 since Orlando Brown Jr will likely get his new deal and a low 1st year cap hit. They’ll likely get Frank to convert some of his salary to lower that 2022 cap hit.

Reason I say this is bc I think we’re gonna go hard on the DL like we did with OL this year but in the draft and they’ll want Frank there one last time.

I can totally see us doubling down on DL in the draft like the Bills did this year. Not 1st and 2nd but maybe 1st and 3rd
Clark already has an absolutely insane cap number of almost $28 million in 2023, restructuring just makes that even worse. Any meaningful restructure pushes that number probably in excess of $30 million. I don’t see how you can rationalize a $30 million salary for such a limited player.

I see little reason to think you can’t get similar production to Clark at a fraction of the cost through the draft or FA.
[Reply]
-King- 01:06 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Just to revisit:

LJ Collier was who the Seahawks picked with our 1st. He’s got 3 sacks in 2 years :-)

Yeah Veach won this trade
That's not how it works but ok lol.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:25 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Clark already has an absolutely insane cap number of almost $28 million in 2023, restructuring just makes that even worse. Any meaningful restructure pushes that number probably in excess of $30 million. I don’t see how you can rationalize a $30 million salary for such a limited player.

I see little reason to think you can’t get similar production to Clark at a fraction of the cost through the draft or FA.
It’s taking a part of the contract as a bonus to get immediately. He did it in 2020 and we did it with guys this year. Doesn’t push the can down the road. They can do what they did to Okafor last year: tell him you need to do this to lower your cap hit or we’ll cut you straight up bc we’re at a point in your contract where we can do that.

Plus Orlando Brown Jr is your only vital FA in 2022 His cap hit won’t be big for a couple years.

And no you’re likely not getting a rookie to get his postseason production. Especially from the bottom of the first rd
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 01:37 PM 05-14-2021
I think Frank really loves being a Chief and this organization as a whole. SEA was kinda leaving him out to dry in contract talks his final year there. Not to mention him and Chris Jones recruited a good buddy of his and that good buddy, Reed, took less to be here.

Clark is surely a reasonable guy and knows his market value has fallen off from three years ago. I think he's open to negotiate a new contract assuming he plays well this year.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 01:47 PM 05-14-2021
I’m legit surprised Frank has never pooped his pants on the field.
[Reply]
TRR 01:47 PM 05-14-2021
Whatever happened to the 2 UCL tears Clark said he had? I was surprised to see him wearing elbow braces on each arm again last season.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:08 PM 05-14-2021
I would still make the trade 10/10 times simply because without him I’m not sure they win the SB.

That also doesn’t change the fact that he needs to have a BIG year in order to stick around on his monster cap number next season.

Now, I do think his production in the RS or lack thereof is mostly due to injuries/illness problems that he can’t control, but we still need more at that price tag.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:08 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
Whatever happened to the 2 UCL tears Clark said he had? I was surprised to see him wearing elbow braces on each arm again last season.
I don’t think they’ve ever been repaired.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 02:16 PM 05-14-2021
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
I’m legit surprised Frank has never pooped his pants on the field.
Not literally, anyway.
[Reply]
Page 138 of 140
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140 >
Up