ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 27 of 254
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
hometeam 03:41 PM 05-07-2016
so.. i actually think BF1 might have some promise, hope they don't fuck it up like everything they have done since bf3
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:05 PM 05-07-2016
I am surprised that no one has done a WWI shooter till now. Looks promising. Hopefully better than Star Wars Battlefront.
[Reply]
eDave 05:56 PM 05-07-2016
Originally Posted by hometeam:
so.. i actually think BF1 might have some promise, hope they don't **** it up like everything they have done since bf3
Give me a SP mode on PC and there is no way I am not buying this one. Don't have the time to be a decent online player. With any game. And my thing is immersion. Not kill counts.
[Reply]
Gonzo 06:02 PM 05-07-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
I am surprised that no one has done a WWI shooter till now. Looks promising. Hopefully better than Star Wars Battlefront.
I do believe that I mentioned (either in this thread or my original) how I'd love a WWI based game.

I truly hope they do it justice.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 06:41 PM 05-07-2016
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
I do believe that I mentioned (either in this thread or my original) how I'd love a WWI based game.

I truly hope they do it justice.
Yeah, going over the top should be terrifying.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:47 PM 05-07-2016
Originally Posted by hometeam:
so.. i actually think BF1 might have some promise, hope they don't **** it up like everything they have done since bf3

It looks fucking sweet.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 06:21 PM 05-08-2016
Bought dark souls Friday night. Haven't played a ton because I'm trying to finish Witcher. Got my ass kicked by the first boss a couple times but I didn't almost beat him once. Just not use to the gameplay because I've been playing witcher so I tend to hit square for attack and it uses health (square is attack in witcher).
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:19 PM 05-08-2016
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Bought dark souls Friday night. Haven't played a ton because I'm trying to finish Witcher. Got my ass kicked by the first boss a couple times but I didn't almost beat him once. Just not use to the gameplay because I've been playing witcher so I tend to hit square for attack and it uses health (square is attack in witcher).
You'll get used to it. Use the firebombs after he changes into that big assed tar monster thing.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 10:08 PM 05-08-2016
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
You'll get used to it. Use the firebombs after he changes into that big assed tar monster thing.
I'll be fine. I was good at Bloodborne. I think I'm almost done with Witcher.
[Reply]
hometeam 11:33 AM 05-09-2016
So, if you didnt know, Overwatch officially launches on the 24th, and there is a current open beta that ends tomorrow on both consoles and PC.

Try it, because its gonna rekt~
[Reply]
GoShox 10:59 PM 05-15-2016
I'm late to the party on this one since the game came out like 18 years ago, but I just finished Xenogears last week after playing it on/off for the last couple months.

I don't even know how to explain it. Throughout the game I was really frustrated with the amount of text and frequency of random battles. I died to the second to last boss a couple times and was getting pretty frustrated, especially since the game was really easy up to that point, and once I finally beat the game, the only satisfaction I had was that it was finally over and that I wouldn't be playing it again. While playing through the game, I couldn't really piece the story together and it seemed like once I started to understand something, they'd introduce a whole new set of mysteries to be solved. Spacing out my play time over the span of a couple months certainly didn't help as I had forgotten a lot of stuff from earlier in the game that probably would've helped when trying to understand stuff.

But man, after beating the game, giving it a couple days and then reading the plot on various sites to understand what I missed, I see this game in a whole new light. The story, while confusing to a new player, is really freaking amazing. Probably the best story in an RPG that I've ever seen. You could take a couple of the subplots and basically make a whole game out of them on their own, but the game is able to make them all work together. The music is awesome (to be expected from Yasunori Mitsuda). While the amount of text is a little frustrating, it is bearable when considering that the story makes it worth it. The only big negative part to the game is how obviously rushed Disc 2 is. This is pretty much pointed out by anyone who has played the game, and it's pretty unfortunate.

Would definitely recommend to anyone who hasn't played it, with the understanding that it may seem a little slow at times and that a lot of things won't make sense for a while. I've never had an opinion drastically change like this for any game, but I definitely will be replaying this again some day when I get the time.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:08 PM 05-15-2016
Anybody tried out the new DOOM yet?
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:30 PM 06-07-2016
Let's discuss DLC... Shall we?

Most downloadable content is shit. Admit it. It's just there to keep someone interested in said game for a week or two after the initial release. See games like assassins creed or COD.
Then you have companies like Bethesda and CD Projekt Red.
These guys know how to do DLC. It's been over a year since CD released The Witcher 3 and the game is still one of the best you can possible buy. They've updated the main game several times with free DLC and have not advertised any of it whatsoever. Now (IMHO) the game has gone from a solid 9 to a perfect 10. When you include the last two DLC's that they charged for (Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone) you get a grand total of 150+ hrs of total gameplay for amateur or intermediate gamers. The stories they've included with the recent updates are wonderfully done. Old lore, children's fables and Nordic legends are amongst the many stories you get to take part in. All in all, if you don't own this game, you should.
Let's move on to Fallout 4:
As I progressed through fallout 4's first major DLC contribution, (automatron) I thought "meh, more of the same." However, the latest (Far Harbor) in addition to the aforementioned is a truly stout addition to an already great game. The two additions give you around 40 hours of bonus gameplay. The storylines leave a little something to be desired but when you play the game in its entirety and add both DLC's? It's a wonderful adventure.
I'm not here to sing DLC's praise. However, when companies do it right to the correct titles, it's a welcomed addition to a great collection.

Witcher 3 hearts of stone DLC: 8
Witcher 3 Blood and wine DLC: 9
Fallout 4 automatron DLC: 6.5
Fallout 4 Far Harbor DLC: 8
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:58 PM 06-07-2016
Gearbox usually does really well with the Borderlands DLC.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:19 AM 06-08-2016
I've been playing the shit out of Fallout 4 lately. I have the Witcher 3, but only got a few hours into it. It hasn't really grabbed me, but I'll give it another shot at some point.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 254
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up