ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 120
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:34 PM 07-24-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Didn't we get Montgomery from them for Bader?
Yes, has worked out for both teams plus the Yankees figure they can fleece Mo easily, probably not wrong about that.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:55 PM 07-25-2023
From Katie Woo and Jeff Passan so should be solid info

With the trade deadline quickly approaching, we got some new info today

The #STLCards* plan to hold onto Tyler O’Neill at the deadline, per Katie Woo

On the other hand, St. Louis is telling teams they plan to move Jordan Montgomery, Jack Flaherty, Paul DeJong, and perhaps Jordan Hicks, according to Jeff Passan
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:01 PM 07-25-2023
No one wants O Neill anyway
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:07 PM 07-25-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
No one wants O Neill anyway
I agree, probably can’t even get a lottery pick for him. But what good is he? Isn’t this his last year? They plan on resigning him?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:45 AM 07-26-2023
Trade DeJong for a bag of sunflower seeds and get this guy up here

Masyn Winn’s last 13 games:

.439 AVG
.508 OBP
.947 SLG
1.455 OPS
248 wRC+
15 XBH

Last 30 G: 162 wRC+
Last 50 G: 122 wRC+

pic.twitter.com/0Y9XgT1HSA

— Jacob (@CardinalsReek) July 26, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:15 PM 07-26-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I agree, probably can’t even get a lottery pick for him. But what good is he? Isn’t this his last year? They plan on resigning him?
Another year of arb eligibility.

For everything he isn't offensively, he's an ELITE defensive LFer. I mean very probably the best in baseball out there. And it's noticeable.

I don't know how anyone can watch Walker stumble-fuck his way through RF and seemingly cost us a game every week by not making routine catches and then say O'Neill has NO value. He does - when he's available.

I don't mind holding him. His value is low but it doesn't have to be. If he can stay on the field and play good ball for the next 2 months, he can get a decent return in the off-season.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:18 PM 07-26-2023
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Trade DeJong for a bag of sunflower seeds and get this guy up here

My position on guys in the minors is that they have to force the issue. It was with Carlson and Gorman, was with Walker (who I didn't think DID) and is with Winn.

Winn's forced the issue and has earned a chance, IMO. The defense is easily big league caliber and if he can continue to get his hands around on inside pitches to keep pitchers from just busting him up inside, he can be a solid hitter as well. Just that little extra pull power is really important for a guy like him because it will help keep pitchers middle/away and allow him to slap/run or spray liners to maximize his speed. Otherwise they'll just saw him off.

I'm not 100% sure he's ready - but I believe he's earned the look.

Paul DeJong sure as shit hasn't done anything to own the job.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:49 PM 07-26-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My position on guys in the minors is that they have to force the issue. It was with Carlson and Gorman, was with Walker (who I didn't think DID) and is with Winn.

Winn's forced the issue and has earned a chance, IMO. The defense is easily big league caliber and if he can continue to get his hands around on inside pitches to keep pitchers from just busting him up inside, he can be a solid hitter as well. Just that little extra pull power is really important for a guy like him because it will help keep pitchers middle/away and allow him to slap/run or spray liners to maximize his speed. Otherwise they'll just saw him off.

I'm not 100% sure he's ready - but I believe he's earned the look.

Paul DeJong sure as shit hasn't done anything to own the job.
I don't believe he is ready, but he is more ready than Walker was.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:58 PM 07-26-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I don't love his timing mechanism; nastier stuff will eat that up. Wish he was quite a bit quieter there because I feel like that will be prone to slumps.

And his swing is still a little loopy, but not bad. His hands are awfully quick so that'll help.

Bottom line is that I don't expect him to set the world on fire offensively, but I think he'll be playable while being an enormous asset defensively.
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:33 PM 07-26-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't love his timing mechanism; nastier stuff will eat that up. Wish he was quite a bit quieter there because I feel like that will be prone to slumps.

And his swing is still a little loopy, but not bad. His hands are awfully quick so that'll help.

Bottom line is that I don't expect him to set the world on fire offensively, but I think he'll be playable while being an enormous asset defensively.
Either way it's a pretty significant upgrade over DeJong.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:10 PM 07-26-2023
Either way it's a pretty significant upgrade over DeJong.
:-)
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:16 PM 07-26-2023
Walker's bat was ready (despite the Cardinals bitching about him and attempting to ruin his confidence). His defense for OF wasn't.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:02 PM 07-26-2023
If they aren't willing to burn it down, why not see if you can get the Mets to part with Scherzer for next year? He's not what he was, but he's a legitimate playoff starter.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:57 PM 07-27-2023
Damn some drama in the first inning. Mikolas gets tossed for hitting Happ for defending Conteras getting knocked out of the game by a bat.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:57 PM 07-27-2023
BS call there

Players settled it and then the umps stepped in
[Reply]
Page 66 of 120
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116 > Last »
Up