« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Bitcoin Take?
ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
ChiefRocka 04:38 PM 09-15-2017
ICOs will bubble and burst like DotCom. Protocol coins like Bitcoin and Ether will not die. One network will "win" the mass adoption race but these networks will not die in our lifetime.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:11 PM 09-15-2017
Yeah the whole thing reeks of bullshit but I am having fun
[Reply]
lewdog 05:20 PM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
ICOs will bubble and burst like DotCom. Protocol coins like Bitcoin and Ether will not die. One network will "win" the mass adoption race but these networks will not die in our lifetime.
I agree whole heartily with you on this as I've finally done enough reading to understand more about crypto.

The problem is determining the actual value of these are they are now unregulated but WILL eventually become regulated. There's still definitely money to be made if you catch a dip and are willing to sell for some profit, or got in really early on all of this. Also, I see one or two of these being adopted as the regulated standard.....so it's scary what happens to the rest in this sector. That feels very dot.com to me as they'll likely just disappear.

Those toying with purchasing now could be playing with fire IMO as I think regulation will really drop the value and likely for good.

I myself will not be putting any money into it because it feels too risky for my blood. Good luck to those who do!
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 05:49 PM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I agree whole heartily with you on this as I've finally done enough reading to understand more about crypto.

The problem is determining the actual value of these are they are now unregulated but WILL eventually become regulated. There's still definitely money to be made if you catch a dip and are willing to sell for some profit, or got in really early on all of this. Also, I see one or two of these being adopted as the regulated standard.....so it's scary what happens to the rest in this sector. That feels very dot.com to me as they'll likely just disappear.

Those toying with purchasing now could be playing with fire IMO as I think regulation will really drop the value and likely for good.

I myself will not be putting any money into it because it feels too risky for my blood. Good luck to those who do!
Will regulation hurt the price or provide the stamp of regulatory approval that allows it to go mainstream?
[Reply]
BWillie 08:57 PM 09-15-2017
Will regulation hurt the price or provide the stamp of regulatory approval that allows it to go mainstream?
Wouldnt banks, or governments make their own crypto to try to get ppl to adopt it, before allowing bitcoin or something to be a widely accepted currency?
[Reply]
BossChief 09:16 PM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Wouldnt banks, or governments make their own crypto to try to get ppl to adopt it, before allowing bitcoin or something to be a widely accepted currency?
Ether and Bitcoin are a worldwide currency.

Not sure how an individual countries crypto would have more appeal than that.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:20 PM 09-15-2017
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Ether and Bitcoin are a worldwide currency.

Not sure how an individual countries crypto would have more appeal than that.
Cuz they are greedy assholes and it's hard for them to tax it as the current status quo.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 06:07 AM 09-16-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
A blockchain currency is the reward for mining/validating that chains transactions. Decentralization is the pillar.
[Reply]
Msfbulldog 06:46 AM 09-16-2017
I've never posted in here but would like some people's thoughts. I have some clients who are experts in this field. They could easily build me a blockchain platform. They are currently working on a blockchain business for the telecommunications field. I had an idea that I'd like thoughts on - a blockchain designed to own a sports team. Instead of Clark Hunt owning a team, you'd have thousands of people who would have an interest in the team. Each token would be a vote on how to run the organization, who to hire, etc. You could trade your interest in a market, the most tokens means more $ and more votes. Real life fantasy football. Thoughts?
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 07:31 AM 09-16-2017
Originally Posted by Msfbulldog:
I've never posted in here but would like some people's thoughts. I have some clients who are experts in this field. They could easily build me a blockchain platform. They are currently working on a blockchain business for the telecommunications field. I had an idea that I'd like thoughts on - a blockchain designed to own a sports team. Instead of Clark Hunt owning a team, you'd have thousands of people who would have an interest in the team. Each token would be a vote on how to run the organization, who to hire, etc. You could trade your interest in a market, the most tokens means more $ and more votes. Real life fantasy football. Thoughts?
You would have to start your own league. My recommendation would be reverting back to leather helmets as well. I'm in if you do this.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:28 AM 09-16-2017
You would have to start your own league. My recommendation would be reverting back to leather helmets as well. I'm in if you do this.
I honestly think leather helmets could mean less CTE. Dont think ppl would be lowering their head to much and the mass of the helemt & fact that it makes the head a larger target doesnt help either.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:14 AM 09-16-2017
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/15/b...bble-doge.html

Originally Posted by :
But investors didn’t get the joke and bought Dogecoin anyway, bringing its market value as high as $400 million. Along the way, the currency became a magnet for greed and attracted a group of scammers and hackers who defrauded investors, hyped fake products, and left many of the currency’s original backers empty-handed.

Today, Mr. Palmer, 30, is one of the loudest voices warning that a similar fate might soon befall the entire cryptocurrency industry.

“What’s happening to crypto now is what happened to Dogecoin,” Mr. Palmer told me in a recent interview. “I’m worried that this time, it’s on a much grander scale.”

[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:06 AM 09-16-2017
I don't buy that fud in the new york times, people are salty because now people found out about the band you were listening to before it is cool.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:38 PM 09-16-2017
Originally Posted by Msfbulldog:
Cool- put me down for $10.00 worth.
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:47 PM 09-16-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:

I disagree. Regulation is needed before it can be traded on real exchanges. Once this happens, derivatives, mutual funds and ETF'S are right behind. Before you know it, your gramma is buying it and your 401k owns some too.

The price will skyrocket.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 261
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up