ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Reaching ‘Herd Immunity’ Is Unlikely in the U.S., Experts Now Believe
oaklandhater 11:31 AM 05-03-2021
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/h...y-vaccine.html

Early in the pandemic, when vaccines for the coronavirus were still just a glimmer on the horizon, the term “herd immunity” came to signify the endgame: the point when enough Americans would be protected from the virus so we could be rid of the pathogen and reclaim our lives.

Now, more than half of adults in the United States have been inoculated with at least one dose of a vaccine. But daily vaccination rates are slipping, and there is widespread consensus among scientists and public health experts that the herd immunity threshold is not attainable — at least not in the foreseeable future, and perhaps not ever.

How much smaller is uncertain and depends in part on how much of the nation, and the world, becomes vaccinated and how the coronavirus evolves. It is already clear, however, that the virus is changing too quickly, new variants are spreading too easily and vaccination is proceeding too slowly for herd immunity to be within reach anytime soon.

Thanks facebook and the anti vax trash of America.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:34 PM 05-03-2021
Sporting events cause excess deaths thanks to influenza
[Reply]
oaklandhater 01:35 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Hahha wont ever happen, I'll lie and cheat etc and give you COVID. God it will be great, watching you get COVID.

MUWAHAHHAHAHHAHA
https://www.kcra.com/article/college...tions/36292894

Heading to college? More than 100 US universities are requiring COVID-19 vaccines for students


should be the same for amusement parks and concerts.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:35 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
if you don't have a medical reason to skip the vaccine you should be barred from major events.
I'm getting vaccinated, but you are insane.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:35 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Adolphs little KKK rally umkay
Are you tweaking right now? :-)
[Reply]
alanm 01:36 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
if not a mandate there needs to be heavy restrictions on those who are unvaccinated.


No flights no college should be banned from Amusement parks as well.
Why don't we just take them out and have them flogged. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 01:36 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
if you don't have a medical reason to skip the vaccine you should be barred from major events.
Again, why? What's the logic and science behind that opinion?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:36 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
https://www.kcra.com/article/college...tions/36292894

Heading to college? More than 100 US universities are requiring COVID-19 vaccines for students


should be the same for amusement parks and concerts.
Cool I'll forge documents, give you COVID and still not have the vaccine!

Going to be great!
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:36 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Are you tweaking right now? :-)
No have you taken your meds? that's your territory, projecting again?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:37 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I live in a fairly liberal town. Zero people in here are wearing masks at their tables. I'm not sure anyone buys your fearful view of reality.
We're more than a year out on this thing. A bunch of states still have mask/distance/capacity requirements. A bunch of states are still holding back from opening everything up. We've got an administration that's gone from talking about opening up the schools in its first 100 days to refusing to commit to opened schools even by the fall. The lead dog for the CDC is still playing the fear card on a consistent basis. This president threatened the ability to celebrate the 4th of July if people don't get vaccinated, and just insisted that getting vaccinated was a patriotic duty. And the federal government is trying to team up with private business in order to create a vaccine requirement for all manner of normal daily activity.

So cut with the bullshit about how you're not sure "anyone buys your fearful view of reality", because you can't possibly be so ridiculous as to believe what you're shoveling.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:37 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
if you don't have a medical reason to skip the vaccine you should be barred from major events.
I don't see why.

If the vaccine is freely available, and you chose not to get it, other than your own health, you're only risking the health of other people who chose not to get it by attending sporting events, etc.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:38 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
No have you taken your meds? that's your territory, projecting again?
Careful loser, or I'll wish a horrible fate for you. :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:38 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by alanm:
Thing is one day the picture is rosy the next day shit is about to hit the fan. Oh here comes a new varient ect. I think people are just getting tired of the whole thing and starting to tune it all out. And for the record there really isn't much of a mask mandate here anymore. For instance stopped at Wally world this morning and their big "Must wear face covering" sign is gone. So things are a lot better here anyway. :-)
So, why did you post the following?

Originally Posted by alanm:
Let's face it no number will ever be good enough. It's going to be a looooooooong time before the powers that be decide the masks can come off. If ever. :-)
The masks are, largely, off. The lockdowns appear to be over. I attended a track meet last week where the stands were packed. I've taught the entire year in-person at our University. Again, I don't understand how your post represents reality at all.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 01:38 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Good, then you see the negative aspect of it.
A general objection to the government telling us one additional thing to do does not, in this particular case, impress me as a meaningful downside when the upside is crushing COVID.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:39 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
We're more than a year out on this thing. A bunch of states still have mask/distance/capacity requirements. A bunch of states are still holding back from opening everything up. We've got an administration that's gone from talking about opening up the schools in its first 100 days to refusing to commit to opened schools even by the fall. The lead dog for the CDC is still playing the fear card on a consistent basis. This president threatened the ability to celebrate the 4th of July if people don't get vaccinated, and just insisted that getting vaccinated was a patriotic duty. And the federal government is trying to team up in order to create a vaccine requirement for all manner of normal daily activity.

So cut with the bullshit about how you're not sure "anyone buys your fearful view of reality", because you can't possibly be so ridiculous as to believe what you're shoveling.
CDC doesn't recommend indoor dining even if you're vaccinated.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:39 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Careful loser, or I'll wish a horrible fate for you. :-)
I'm ready for it, amusing to me but it might not be to others. You are clearly unstable, but i'm sure you know this. :-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 17
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up