ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 17
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Reaching ‘Herd Immunity’ Is Unlikely in the U.S., Experts Now Believe
oaklandhater 11:31 AM 05-03-2021
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/h...y-vaccine.html

Early in the pandemic, when vaccines for the coronavirus were still just a glimmer on the horizon, the term “herd immunity” came to signify the endgame: the point when enough Americans would be protected from the virus so we could be rid of the pathogen and reclaim our lives.

Now, more than half of adults in the United States have been inoculated with at least one dose of a vaccine. But daily vaccination rates are slipping, and there is widespread consensus among scientists and public health experts that the herd immunity threshold is not attainable — at least not in the foreseeable future, and perhaps not ever.

How much smaller is uncertain and depends in part on how much of the nation, and the world, becomes vaccinated and how the coronavirus evolves. It is already clear, however, that the virus is changing too quickly, new variants are spreading too easily and vaccination is proceeding too slowly for herd immunity to be within reach anytime soon.

Thanks facebook and the anti vax trash of America.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:07 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
I wonder what you'll say when it all goes away...

Oops?
We'll say it's about 1..2...3..4..10..whatever years too late and welcome to communism.
[Reply]
Donger 01:07 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The masks are, largely, already off. What are you afraid of here?
He stated this long ago:

The masking orders are permanent regardless of the efficacy of a SARSCov2 vaccine.

Dunno why people cannot grasp this.


and this:

Lockdowns and masks are permanent.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:07 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
and india though they had reached herd immunity as well.


Easing of lockdown restrictions, new variants and reinfections are cited as potential driving factors

https://www.ft.com/content/38f5398a-...b-3e8050bace51
India only has 2% of its population vaccinated
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:07 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
this is pure evil, folks. end game stuff
Talk about a feminine, low IQ response.

If you refuse the vaccines and then die of Covid, good riddance, loser.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:08 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
No. Besides, we will get there without making vaccinations mandatory. The numbers work without sticking everyone by order. Do you see the negative aspect of mandating it?

I got my boost of Pfizer on Saturday, so I have 12 days to go.
Huge, and unacceptable.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:09 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by alanm:
Let's face it no number will ever be good enough. It's going to be a looooooooong time before the powers that be decide the masks can come off. If ever. :-)
Oh. Then how do you explain the current easing in the CDC guidelines?
[Reply]
alanm 01:10 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
You're just now figuring this out?
I was hoping that common sense would finally prevail. Instead of constantly running out into traffic with your hair on fire over the covid. But I see that the latter is still in vogue. :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:10 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
He stated this long ago:

The masking orders are permanent regardless of the efficacy of a SARSCov2 vaccine.

Dunno why people cannot grasp this.


and this:

Lockdowns and masks are permanent.
Lockdowns are over. Masks are, largely, over. I don't understand the perpetual fear some folks tend to exhibit.
[Reply]
Donger 01:11 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Lockdowns are over. Masks are, largely, over. I don't understand the perpetual fear some folks tend to exhibit.
Crazy and/or didn't/doesn't handle stress well.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:11 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Mask usage is determined by city where I live. After that, it's up to the business. Honestly, I don't have to wear one very often at all.
My experience as well. It really isn't that big of a deal, and they will be gone completely by this time next year, my prediction. Probably sooner than that.
[Reply]
Donger 01:13 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by alanm:
I was hoping that common sense would finally prevail. Instead of constantly running out into traffic with your hair on fire over the covid. But I see that the latter is still in vogue. :-)
It seems the ones running out into traffic with your hair on fire over the covid are people like you. You've been reduced to making things up to satiate your need.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:13 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
My experience as well. It really isn't that big of a deal, and they will be gone completely by this time next year, my prediction. Probably sooner than that.
I'm currently sitting in a restaurant without a mask. It's amazing how oppressive this perpetual-lockdown/mask-mandate thing really is.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:14 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
It seems the ones running out into traffic with your hair on fire over the covid are people like you. You've been reduced to making things up to satiate your need.
Donger the makeup artist, ummmm ok soon you will need a room with padded walls. :-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:15 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm currently sitting in a restaurant without a mask. It's amazing how oppressive this perpetual-lockdown/mask-mandate thing really is.
Adolph will probably wish death upon your for your crimes.
[Reply]
alanm 01:15 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Oh. Then how do you explain the current easing in the CDC guidelines?
Yeah for the moment. If herd immunity is unlikely like some are saying the masks go right back on. Who the hell do you listen too these days. Someone comes out with a different pronouncement every day. I'd rather keep hearing the good news. Unlike Oak who relishes the specter of death every day.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 17
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up