ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Reaching ‘Herd Immunity’ Is Unlikely in the U.S., Experts Now Believe
oaklandhater 11:31 AM 05-03-2021
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/h...y-vaccine.html

Early in the pandemic, when vaccines for the coronavirus were still just a glimmer on the horizon, the term “herd immunity” came to signify the endgame: the point when enough Americans would be protected from the virus so we could be rid of the pathogen and reclaim our lives.

Now, more than half of adults in the United States have been inoculated with at least one dose of a vaccine. But daily vaccination rates are slipping, and there is widespread consensus among scientists and public health experts that the herd immunity threshold is not attainable — at least not in the foreseeable future, and perhaps not ever.

How much smaller is uncertain and depends in part on how much of the nation, and the world, becomes vaccinated and how the coronavirus evolves. It is already clear, however, that the virus is changing too quickly, new variants are spreading too easily and vaccination is proceeding too slowly for herd immunity to be within reach anytime soon.

Thanks facebook and the anti vax trash of America.
[Reply]
Donger 12:41 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
No it isn't. Your response to Bug shows you think you should still be wearing a mask because the virus is spreading even though you are vaccinated. You then say the exact opposite in your next statement.
No, I'm saying the fact that the virus is still spreading is why the CDC still recommends masks be worn by fully vaccinated people indoors around non-vaccinated people and so on.

Again, I don't agree with the guidance.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 12:47 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
No.
Would knowing we won't reach herd immunity w/o it change your mind?

Also just so we're clear, you got both shots already right? (as have I) so this policy could only have positive impact on your life?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:51 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:

Also just so we're clear, you got both shots already right? (as have I) so this policy could only have positive impact on your life?
I think the best we can hope for now is a hyper-lethal, hyper-contagious variant that the vaccines are effective against. Whether antivaxxers change their minds or not, we'd reach herd immunity pretty quickly.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:52 PM 05-03-2021
"Best we can hope for is people to die."
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:54 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
"Best we can hope for is people to die."
If it helps to end the pandemic completely, so be it.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 12:56 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I think the best we can hope for now is a hyper-lethal, hyper-contagious variant that the vaccines are effective against. Whether antivaxxers change their minds or not, we'd reach herd immunity pretty quickly.
Just listen to yourself. Sick fuck.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:58 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Just listen to yourself. Sick ****.
They deserve it. Those fucktards are reason we aren't at herd immunity already.
[Reply]
Donger 12:59 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:

No. Besides, we will get there without making vaccinations mandatory. The numbers work without sticking everyone by order. Do you see the negative aspect of mandating it?

I got my boost of Pfizer on Saturday, so I have 12 days to go.
[Reply]
alanm 01:02 PM 05-03-2021
Let's face it no number will ever be good enough. It's going to be a looooooooong time before the powers that be decide the masks can come off. If ever. :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:04 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by alanm:
Let's face it no number will ever be good enough. It's going to be a looooooooong time before the powers that be decide the masks can come off. If ever. :-)
You're just now figuring this out?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:04 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by alanm:
Mask usage is determined by city where I live. After that, it's up to the business. Honestly, I don't have to wear one very often at all.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:05 PM 05-03-2021
The masks are, largely, already off. What are you afraid of here?
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 01:05 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
If it helps to end the pandemic completely, so be it.
this is pure evil, folks. end game stuff
[Reply]
Donger 01:05 PM 05-03-2021
I wonder what you'll say when it all goes away...

Oops?
[Reply]
Donger 01:06 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
this is pure evil, folks. end game stuff
:-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up