ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Reaching ‘Herd Immunity’ Is Unlikely in the U.S., Experts Now Believe
oaklandhater 11:31 AM 05-03-2021
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/h...y-vaccine.html

Early in the pandemic, when vaccines for the coronavirus were still just a glimmer on the horizon, the term “herd immunity” came to signify the endgame: the point when enough Americans would be protected from the virus so we could be rid of the pathogen and reclaim our lives.

Now, more than half of adults in the United States have been inoculated with at least one dose of a vaccine. But daily vaccination rates are slipping, and there is widespread consensus among scientists and public health experts that the herd immunity threshold is not attainable — at least not in the foreseeable future, and perhaps not ever.

How much smaller is uncertain and depends in part on how much of the nation, and the world, becomes vaccinated and how the coronavirus evolves. It is already clear, however, that the virus is changing too quickly, new variants are spreading too easily and vaccination is proceeding too slowly for herd immunity to be within reach anytime soon.

Thanks facebook and the anti vax trash of America.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 12:10 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
Coronavirus: Has India achieved herd immunity?
New COVID cases and deaths have fallen sharply in India in the past few weeks, which has led some officials to suggest that the country has achieved herd immunity.

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-ha...ity/a-56512000

People like Bep think you can reach it with out vaccines.
Right. That "let's get to herd immunity by infecting enough people" theory was definitely around the loony fringes last year, but I don't think anyone really took it seriously, at least after it failed in Sweden.

India's problem is the same as every other third world country's problem: Not enough vaccine.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:11 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Right. That "let's get to herd immunity by infecting enough people" theory was definitely around the loony fringes last year, but I don't think anyone really took it seriously, at least after it failed in Sweden.

India's problem is the same as every other third world country's problem: Not enough vaccine.
Meanwhile Africa is fine...........
[Reply]
Donger 12:11 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
The topic of this thread?
The topic of this thread is that we might not reach HI through vaccinations because many people won't take it. He said that the MEDICAL DEEP STATESZ are dismayed that there's no longer an emergency situation.

That's not an example.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:12 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Go back to why all of the emergency restrictions/lockdowns/mask mandates were supposedly implemented last spring... to preserve hospital capacity and stop exponential growth of the virus.

The current vaccine threshold has already helped achieve that... 31% fully vaccinated, 60%+ of seniors fully vaccinated.

Even without herd immunity, there is no longer an emergency situation, much to the dismay of the Medical Deep State.
:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:12 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Vaccines should be mandatory, with medical exceptions.
I disagree. I just wish fewer people were cowards.
[Reply]
Donger 12:13 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Biden’s CDC Director warning of “impending doom” not enough of “dismay” for you?
I didn't agree with her saying that and others things she has said. But it's not an example of what you said.
[Reply]
Donger 12:13 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Vaccines should be mandatory, with medical exceptions.
No.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 12:16 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Meanwhile Africa is fine...........
Do any differences between India and Africa jump out at you?


[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:17 PM 05-03-2021
Antivaxxers will prevent us from reaching herd immunity, then point out our lack of herd immunity as evidence that they were right all along. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 12:19 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Meanwhile Africa is fine...........
Fine? How so?
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:24 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Sure. The virus is still spreading.
So why does someone who is vaccinated need to wear a mask... you yourself said you wouldn't wear one after your second dose. Hypocritical much?
[Reply]
Donger 12:28 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
So why does someone who is vaccinated need to wear a mask... you yourself said you wouldn't wear one after your second dose. Hypocritical much?
In my opinion, the present guidance is far too conservative. They are concerned about the possibility of fully vaccinated transmission and the fact that the vaccines don't have 100% efficacy.

And in 12 days, I won't unless it's required by the store or whatever.
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:29 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
In my opinion, the present guidance is far too conservative. They are concerned about the possibility of fully vaccinated transmission and the fact that the vaccines don't have 100% efficacy.

And in 12 days, I won't unless it's required by the store or whatever.
So why answer Bugs question(statement really) with the answer you did?
[Reply]
Donger 12:31 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
So why answer Bugs question(statement really) with the answer you did?
The answer is in the post you responded to.
[Reply]
BigRichard 12:34 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
The answer is in the post you responded to.
No it isn't. Your response to Bug shows you think you should still be wearing a mask because the virus is spreading even though you are vaccinated. You then say the exact opposite in your next statement.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 17
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up