ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Reaching ‘Herd Immunity’ Is Unlikely in the U.S., Experts Now Believe
oaklandhater 11:31 AM 05-03-2021
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/h...y-vaccine.html

Early in the pandemic, when vaccines for the coronavirus were still just a glimmer on the horizon, the term “herd immunity” came to signify the endgame: the point when enough Americans would be protected from the virus so we could be rid of the pathogen and reclaim our lives.

Now, more than half of adults in the United States have been inoculated with at least one dose of a vaccine. But daily vaccination rates are slipping, and there is widespread consensus among scientists and public health experts that the herd immunity threshold is not attainable — at least not in the foreseeable future, and perhaps not ever.

How much smaller is uncertain and depends in part on how much of the nation, and the world, becomes vaccinated and how the coronavirus evolves. It is already clear, however, that the virus is changing too quickly, new variants are spreading too easily and vaccination is proceeding too slowly for herd immunity to be within reach anytime soon.

Thanks facebook and the anti vax trash of America.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:18 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I thought it was 3 months, but regardless, natural immunity does not make herd immunity possible.
You are an absolute idiot if you truly believe that.

Natural immunity combined with the vaccinated population does indeed make herd immunity possible.

To suggest otherwise is to spit in the face of actual factual science.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:24 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
All things considered natural immunity is probably closer to 100 million. At least that’s my guess for cases. I think it was here in 2019, I think based off what I’ve read that’s possible.
It was definitely here in 2019. Probably not all that wide spread, but here nonetheless.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:46 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
You been vaccinated for the CV19?
yes
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:37 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
You are an absolute idiot.
You could have stopped right there.
[Reply]
2112 08:46 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Wrong. All current evidence shows that natural immunity only last 3 months, on average.
Lol where’s your overwhelming evidence? I had covid in October and my antibodies were through the roof in March. You better update your nonsense meter with the truth because you have no fucking clue what you’re talking about.

Or just shut the fuck up and read
[Reply]
Pawnmower 08:59 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Wrong. All current evidence shows that natural immunity only last 3 months, on average.

source for this?


I think it is highly variable (natural immunity) depending on how severely you had it. I agree with what I think your main point is
(those who had it, should get vaccinated anyway) but I would like to see your sources for the 3-month average claim. It could be true,
since most people that get it dont have any / many symptoms...but I still would like to see some sources.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 09:01 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
Lol where’s your overwhelming evidence? I had covid in October and my antibodies were through the roof in March. You better update your nonsense meter with the truth because you have no ****ing clue what you’re talking about.

Or just shut the **** up and read

Just out of curiosity how bad were your symptoms? I have heard that natural immunity is
better the worse your symptoms are. Since 80% of people have little or no symptoms from
covid-19, maybe 80% of the people who get it don't have very good natural immunity development?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 09:03 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Wrong. All current evidence shows that natural immunity only last 3 months, on average.
All current evidence huh...

https://science.sciencemag.org/conte.../6529/eabf4063

You are wrong. This study was done in January and there are plenty stories of people who have had immunity for well over 8 months and counting.

Maybe, just MAYBE...the vaccines are only one part of a bigger solution. Read the Siyenz!
[Reply]
Pawnmower 09:11 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Maybe, just MAYBE...the vaccines are only one part of a bigger solution.
I definitely agree that vaccines are only a part of the solution and natural immunity is another part..but they do not
have to be separate , either. Not everyone reacts the same and not every person who gets covid-19 will develop immunity
the same way / level. Without getting an antibody test there is no real way to know. So, for most people just simply
getting one of the MRNA vaccines would be a wise insurance policy to make sure they are protected and immunity
lasts as long as possible. The alternative (getting antibody tests periodically and then getting the vaccine anyway
at some later point) isn't something most people are going to want to bother with.
[Reply]
2112 09:15 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
Just out of curiosity how bad were your symptoms? I have heard that natural immunity is
better the worse your symptoms are. Since 80% of people have little or no symptoms from
covid-19, maybe 80% of the people who get it don't have very good natural immunity development?
I never had a fever (my temp was 97.8) and my blood oxygen was 99. The first four days all I did was sleep, day and night and was constantly tired. I lost my taste and smell after two days and along with that my appetite. I lost about 15lbs over almost 3 weeks.

I got diagnosed on October 15th and about two weeks later I was almost back to normal. Took a month to get my taste back and about two months to get my smell back. No long lasting issues. I strong like Bull now
[Reply]
Pawnmower 09:18 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
I never had a fever (my temp was 97.8) and my blood oxygen was 99. The first

four days all I did was sleep, day and night and was constantly tired. I lost my taste and smell after two days and along
with that my appetite. I lost about 15lbs over almost 3 weeks.

I got diagnosed on October 15th and about two weeks later I was almost back to normal. Took a

month to get my taste back and about two months to get my smell back. No long lasting issues. I strong like Bull now

awesome man. glad to hear it! One of my best friends had almost exactly the
same symptoms as you.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 09:26 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
All current evidence huh...

https://science.sciencemag.org/conte.../6529/eabf4063

You are wrong. This study was done in January and there are plenty stories of people who have had immunity for well over 8 months and counting.

Maybe, just MAYBE...the vaccines are only one part of a bigger solution. Read the Siyenz!
AOB thinks everyone that doesn't agree with him deserves to die so.

Here is another one which I received from my doctor with the email she sent me.

Troy,

Unfortunately it’s quite a bit more complicated than that. The good immunity tests for T cell and B cell immunity are not available to the public (too much useful information). The current antibody tests will generally only show the more immediate immune reaction, lasting from a few weeks to several months for some. Longer term immunity evidence requires those other tests.

Here’s a good article about it:
https://www.technologyreview.com/202...sts-for-years/
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 11:36 AM 05-04-2021
Is herd immunity required to end the original emergency situation with the virus when the growth rate was exponential and hospital capacity was supposedly being overrun?

No.

The Medical Deep State should stop moving the goalpost for the end game in terms of a full return to 2019-caliber normal.

The virus may never be diminished to the point of herd immunity, but it is no longer an emergency-level public health crisis.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 12:17 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
What kind of mealy mouthed **** get so worked up over a vaccine mandate as to call it fascism.

Could you be a whinier baby?
Tell you what, I'll agree to have a vaccine mandate if your side agrees to outlaw abortions. Deal? That kills far more people than COVID and if we are serious about saving lives, we need to stop murder. I thought your party was all about freedom of choice?

And I know, you won't respond to this because anytime your hypocrisy is called out you glance over it. What else would you expect from someone who has the lowest polling presidential candidate of the Democratic Party in a line of horrid candidates as their profile picture.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:33 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
What kind of mealy mouthed cunt get so worked up over a vaccine mandate as to call it fascism.

Could you be a whinier baby?
Calling for the government to forcibly do anything to its entire populace against its will is the very definition of fascism, you unaware bag of limp dicks. You're an enemy of freedom and people like you are a major part of what's currently wrong with this country. Fuck off to England or Venezuela and save the rest of us the headache of listening to your shallow and ridiculous bullshit.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Up