ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Post Covid Thread - Those who had it.
BIG_DADDY 09:11 AM 05-03-2021
There are a lot of people that talk about health issues after getting Covid. I firmly believe I got it way before it was even being addressed in this country. I have a laundry list of reasons why I firmly believe all my family got it but won't address that here. I could barely breath when I had it and about a 45 days later I had a serious battle with RA. The RA is gone but my body still has more inflammation in it than before. I still have not been able to get my cario where it was before either. Just this weekend I had a close friend a couple months out of catching Covid call me and say his blood test just came back positive for RA. This is the 3rd person I know who has had this happen. His doctor said they have been seeing this a lot post-Covid. I am so far out now that I don't see anything happening moving forward but I wanted to see how those who got it have done since then. Thanks
[Reply]
frozenchief 01:38 PM 05-03-2021
My son got it last winter. Lost his sense of taste and smell for a few days. Said that for a few weeks after he was over it that his sense of taste was off. Things just tasted weird. He was 16 at the time and in really good health.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:51 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
The beauty of Florida is that the nights you get the cool ocean breeze through most of it. Here in the Midwest it can be unbearable and stagnant at 3 am.
Just not in Orlando which is insufferbly hot and stagnant.

Now I, in my tropical paradise of an abode which is not far off the ocean, I do get that tropical breeze while I enjoy those spectacular sunsets over an al fresco dinner by my pool. Ahhhhhhhhh! :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:56 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Both of my Sons got COVID last Summer- 19 & 22 at the time. No side effects for either. It's quite amazing that my wife and I avoided it, as we were around them quite a bit.
Not sure how I avoided it as well. I visited my kid and met all her friends who had it, but had recovered except for one. Ages from 24-30 years old. She had a very mild case. She was here for holidays too. After coming back from NY in late fall I think, the person she visited came down with it but recovered.

I haven't heard from a friend in Mass who got the Moderna. He had COPD and got the shot. But emails with pictures he wanted have not resulted in a response for a month. I'm gonna check because I think he may have died or something has happened.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:57 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
There are two points:

1. You can still get covid.
2. If you are a long-hauler, it can help you with those symptoms.
Point one is pretty unlikely for the majority of people who have had COVID.

Most recent study out says it is likely to be like the first SARS virus, with people still immune 17 years later.

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...9-what-we-know
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:16 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Not sure how I avoided it as well. I visited my kid and met all her friends who had it, but had recovered except for one. Ages from 24-30 years old. She had a very mild case. She was here for holidays too. After coming back from NY in late fall I think, the person she visited came down with it but recovered.

I haven't heard from a friend in Mass who got the Moderna. He had COPD and got the shot. But emails with pictures he wanted have not resulted in a response for a month. I'm gonna check because I think he may have died or something has happened.
Yikes.

Yeah, out of about 6 couples that we socially hang out with damn near weekly, we were the only one that didn't get it. Not to mention, I never stopped going to work, going out to dinner, etc. We just kept living our lives. I guess we got "lucky".
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:27 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Yikes.

Yeah, out of about 6 couples that we socially hang out with damn near weekly, we were the only one that didn't get it. Not to mention, I never stopped going to work, going out to dinner, etc. We just kept living our lives. I guess we got "lucky".
I died 12 times in Texas
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 02:30 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I died 12 times in Texas
:-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:41 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I died 12 times in Texas
You gotta stop doing that, it's bad fer yer healths!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up