ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
The Marty Lounge>AFC rivals haven't closed gap on Chiefs...
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:03 AM 05-03-2021
A good read here in case you missed it, I will put the text in a spoiler...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...his-offseason/

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:09 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The division is about the same as last year.

1. LA needs to demonstrate they can win close games and stay healthy. The same as every year. They're the closest competition to the Chiefs.

2. Denver and LV doubled down on "strengths" instead of actually improving. Denver seems to want to fortify the roster in places where they already have good players while not addressing some glaring holes. The Raiders blew up a strength to try and make it a strength and their obsession with back-end tweeners on defense is a bit mystifying.
Can't really disagree... it's not like Denver was a QB away from making a serious and consistent run at deep playoff appearances. Appears they had a solid draft, which would make for several in a row now and prove to be good for years beyond 2021. They immediately upgraded their RB group as Williams should see quite a bit of action and Gordon is in his last year. They really focused on the secondary in FA and the draft, and with a few guys having 1 year remaining, that was smart to get Surtain and continue building depth.

Offensively, the line has improved considerably since 2019. They are rich at WR and TE, now @ RB too... can Teddy beat out Lock? I don't think that's a big ask quite honestly. Question is, can he be smart in that offense with those players around him and actually put up 24+ points consistently. We.Shall.See

Defensively, lots of talent... and they'll need it with the QB rich schedule they have in 2021.

Denver lost 7 games by 7 or fewer points... Denver only broke 21 points 6 times last year - pathetic. Sutton and Chubb are back, appear to be healthy - that's good.

Lots to prove and the division is far from weak.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:12 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Can't really disagree... it's not like Denver was a QB away from making a serious and consistent run at deep playoff appearances. Appears they had a solid draft, which would make for several in a row now and prove to be good for years beyond 2021. They immediately upgraded their RB group as Williams should see quite a bit of action and Gordon is in his last year. They really focused on the secondary in FA and the draft, and with a few guys having 1 year remaining, that was smart to get Surtain and continue building depth.

Offensively, the line has improved considerably since 2019. They are rich at WR and TE, now @ RB too... can Teddy beat out Lock? I don't think that's a big ask quite honestly. Question is, can he be smart in that offense with those players around him and actually put up 24+ points consistently. We.Shall.See

Defensively, lots of talent... and they'll need it with the QB rich schedule they have in 2021.

Denver lost 7 games by 7 or fewer points... Denver only broke 21 points 6 times last year - pathetic. Sutton and Chubb are back, appear to be healthy - that's good.

Lots to prove and the division is far from weak.
To me it seems like Denver identified needs at DB and then went a little more than all-in. I guess will see but right now it seems like they actually went a little overboard.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:14 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
To me it seems like Denver identified needs at DB and then went a little more than all-in. I guess will see but right now it seems like they actually went a little overboard.
Like I said, I believe several of them are not in contract past 2021. Nothing wrong with having a deep secondary in today’s NFL and this division.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:17 PM 05-03-2021
If the Chiefs stay healthy-ish (and really that means they get into the playoffs with healthy Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, and Orlando Brown), I don't think it matters what the other AFC teams did.

Agree that the Browns are the primary threat. The pieces they've added on defense - especially JOK - make them a much better matchup with the Chiefs overall. Their CB room is really talented but DOES feature a bunch of guys with big injury question marks.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:31 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Baker is running an actual pro-style offense with good RB's and good receiving options. Not saying he sucks at all but his situtation is so much better than Buffalo and it's BECAUSE of Josh Allen.

Buffalo's strengths AND weaknesses all revolve around Allen. They play an unconventional offense, it lacks variety and the ability to create balance when opposing defenses get the upper hand. They don't have the ability to keep defenses honest at all. The Browns have a much more varied offense than the Bills do. Sometimes the playoffs evolve into complex chess matches and the Bills just can't do that. Neither can the Ravens for that matter.

They have distinct styles on both offense and defense that for better or worse, can't change.

The Browns are much closer to the Chiefs that they can dictate gameplans but can also respond to changes when the chips are down.
Buffalo's offense is heavily dependent on getting Allen to throw against his pre-snap read. Daboll has an answer ready for everything.

The problem for Buffalo is when the other team starts switching the looks like Spags likes to do.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:34 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Buffalo's offense is heavily dependent on getting Allen to throw against his pre-snap read. Daboll has an answer ready for everything.

The problem for Buffalo is when the other team starts switching the looks like Spags likes to do.
I try not to dwell on the intangibles, but I can’t take Josh Allen serious after his AFCCG tantrum.

He looked like shit and pouted about it. Damn near started a brawl too.

Compare that Mahomes’s first AFCCG. One is a leader, the other is a toddler.
[Reply]
Best22 12:37 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Mayfield looked like he had us figured out in the second half of our playoff game with them. If Henne hadn't pulled off that signature scramble of his career and Andy hadn't called that ballsy 4th down pass, I was about to get very worried if we had punted back to them.
He had the ball, down 22-17, with 5 minutes left and all the momentum after Henne’s interception. Chubb rushed for a first down then Cleveland went three downs and punt. Baker has his chance for a GW drive and came up well short

He didn’t figure out anything.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:51 PM 05-03-2021
I just wanna say too, Tampa did us a huge ass favor wasting their 2nd on Kyle Trask.

Reminds me of when Pitt took Mason Rudolph.
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 12:51 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Cleveland is maybe the biggest threat now to me. I think we saw peak Buffalo last year.
Buffalo added two good pass rushers I like in the draft in Rousseau and Basham, which could really help their D.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:51 PM 05-03-2021
Sounds like there's a real chance that Denver is getting Rodgers. Some are saying it's practically a done deal.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 12:53 PM 05-03-2021
The Chiefs were up 22-10 on the Browns (should have been 25-10 if Butker didn’t miss a 33 yard FG) before Mahomes got injured.

Yawnnnnn.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:08 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I just wanna say too, Tampa did us a huge ass favor wasting their 2nd on Kyle Trask.

Reminds me of when Pitt took Mason Rudolph.
That one makes zero sense to me.

No one would blame them if they just go all in while they have Brady. Might as well squeeze as much out of him as you can while you have him.
[Reply]
O.city 01:11 PM 05-03-2021
Josh Allen scares me a bit because he atleast has the ability to make things happen. Baker is Alex Smith.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:45 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13:
Buffalo added two good pass rushers I like in the draft in Rousseau and Basham, which could really help their D.
We hopefully will mitigate that by having a top 5 offensive line...
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:51 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
We hopefully will mitigate that by having a top 5 offensive line...
They needed to draft those guys because Ed Oliver is going to be a bust and the veterans they paid all that money to are underachieving.

They also spent a 2nd on Epenesa last year and for some weird reason told him to lose all this weight when he is a player that wins with power.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up