ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Minnesota's criminal justice fees often fall hardest on poor
displacedinMN 07:36 AM 05-02-2021
No shit sherlock. Maybe dont do crimes.

Spoiler!


Related article

Spoiler!


This commentary Ugh

Spoiler!

[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:24 PM 05-03-2021
Looks like babbly "New Jack City" lee disappeared from the thread.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 08:59 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Looks like babbly "New Jack City" lee disappeared from the thread.
He was exactly right, though. Y'all are the idiots. The nonfatal violent crime rate in the black community in 93 was like 67 per 1000, versus a national average of 45. It was over 100 for blacks under 24. The black community demanded strong anti-drug policies largley because those crimes were viewed as byproducts of the drug trade and drug use. Research Charlie Rangel.

Y'all disagree in HINDSIGHT. But it is a FACT that the rational behind the laws was as he described, and were in fact argued by, and advocated for by BLACK people.
[Reply]
Shields68 09:03 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Black youths in two parent households are three times as likely to live in poverty than whites and black two parent families have on average half the wealth of white families. The driving factor in the success of a family is generational wealth, which has been written into policy for generations to disadvantage African Americans. This may trigger conservatives but these are the facts.
So poor whites who do not have generational wealth are in the same boat as blacks who do not?

But it still ignores the fact that blacks two parent homes are what, 8 times more likely to be out of poverty then black one parent homes. That two parent homes would also be more likely to be building generational wealth then one parent homes. It still does not explain the almost 70 % single parent homes. Also your 3 times likely is very disingenuous. The fact is that 94% two parent black households are out of poverty.
[Reply]
RubberSponge 12:41 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
You just concluded that they are one in the same and that crack would not be hard to make if you had cocaine. Therefore I lead back to the original topic I brought up about the sentencing disparity for 5 grams of crack vs 500 grams of cocaine carrying the same sentence. Which would you choose if your were an addict? 500 grams of the substance used to make the crack rock or the 5 grams of the already made one that you just admitted was easily made?
Yes, they are both cocaine. Whether powder cocaine is less addictive than crack cocaine is arguing semantics. Both are highly addictive with a high potential for abuse .

Purely for entertainment for this nonsensical question. You don't mention anything about money so I will assume this a nonmonetary transaction. The addict will take the 500 grams over 5grams. Not because it would carry the same sentence, as you say. But because it is 100x more weight. Switch the substances and it still is the same answer. Do you think that addicts think about sentencing guidelines whether it be for 1 gram or 1000? I'm really not seeing the point of the question tbh.
[Reply]
RubberSponge 12:47 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Is anyone reading their own posts anymore? I agree that the black community would be able to get out of poverty a lot easier if they lived in 2 wage earner households. Which is why we’ve been discussing this system that was put in place with Reagan’s war on drugs and Biden’s BS crime bill that has broken up a ton of families in those communities.
Nixon's war on drugs. Let's get it right. We are still fighting Nixon's war to repress minorities. Rah rah, Yay, go team! Nixon still fucking up shit. But anyway, he was short sighted. The Govt saw a larger segment of society to repress than simply minorites. The poor. Poor blacks, poor whites, poor hispanics.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:14 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
Yes, they are both cocaine. Whether powder cocaine is less addictive than crack cocaine is arguing semantics. Both are highly addictive with a high potential for abuse .

Purely for entertainment for this nonsensical question. You don't mention anything about money so I will assume this a nonmonetary transaction. The addict will take the 500 grams over 5grams. Not because it would carry the same sentence, as you say. But because it is 100x more weight. Switch the substances and it still is the same answer. Do you think that addicts think about sentencing guidelines whether it be for 1 gram or 1000? I'm really not seeing the point of the question tbh.
If you didn’t understand the “nonsensical question” than you should have left it alone because you accidentally ended up agreeing that the substances are the same. That’s why there shouldn’t be a lesser penalty for more of the uncut drug. Are you finally actually caught up to the conversation now?
[Reply]
F150 08:17 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:

So poor whites who do not have generational wealth are in the same boat as blacks who do not?

But it still ignores the fact that blacks two parent homes are what, 8 times more likely to be out of poverty then black one parent homes. That two parent homes would also be more likely to be building generational wealth then one parent homes. It still does not explain the almost 70 % single parent homes. Also your 3 times likely is very disingenuous. The fact is that 94% two parent black households are out of poverty.


exactly.....


The rants against "generational wealth" is another attempt to confiscate $ and redistribute it. Such amazing levels of bullshit.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:30 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Ok. Tap out acknowledged. Thank you for proving you have NO IDEA what you are speaking about. As someone who has taken a hit of a cocaine joint and thought I was about to die of a heart attack I can assure you it works.
Ummm I'm not the one who is clueless here bud, you just showed you didn't even know what you were actually smoking because it wasn't powdered cocaine as smoking it in that form has little effect.

Do just a little bit of research and you would figure out why you look stupid here. There is a reason its turned to crack or freebase before smoking.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:35 AM 05-04-2021

[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up