ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Minnesota's criminal justice fees often fall hardest on poor
displacedinMN 07:36 AM 05-02-2021
No shit sherlock. Maybe dont do crimes.

Spoiler!


Related article

Spoiler!


This commentary Ugh

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Katipan 03:05 PM 05-03-2021
1:9 black kids has a parent in jail.
[Reply]
Shields68 03:06 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Katipan:
1:9 black kids has a parent in jail.
So 11% of the 75% single parent homes.
[Reply]
Katipan 03:07 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
So 11% of the 75% single parent homes.
Compared 1:20 white kids.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:11 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Look its completely inarguable that crack cocaine wasn't drastically more impactful on the murder rate in the US than regular cocaine. Its just a fact.

I'm not interested in some diversion into a non related topic that's not accurate to begin with.
You canít claim something is inarguable when I just pointed out the numbers donít support your argument. Crack is cocaine. There was no difference in the effect and addiction of the drug itself. Just how itís used. You cannot seriously justify a harsher sentence for the weaker substance. Crack is not more addictive it is just weaker because itís cut down so you need more to maintain your high.

I love how it keeps coming down to added ancillary behaviors to justify the sentencing disparity. None of that was a justifiable reason to have a harsher penalty for the weaker substance.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:14 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
You canít claim something is inarguable when I just pointed out the numbers donít support your argument. Crack is cocaine. There was no difference in the effect and addiction of the drug itself. Just how itís used. You cannot seriously justify a harsher sentence for the weaker substance. Crack is not more addictive it is just weaker because itís cut down so you need more to maintain your high.

I love how it keeps coming down to added ancillary behaviors to justify the sentencing disparity. None of that was a justifiable reason to have a harsher penalty for the weaker substance.
You are really really working overtime to completely miss the point and you are wrong. Crack cocaine is inherently more addictive than powder cocaine.

You don't appear to know WTF you are talking about. And the argument that cocaine is just cocaine is massively flawed to the point its not worth discussing with you any further.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:17 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Meh. The number of families split up for incarceration is not significant enough to be a main cause. The vast majority of the poor single parents decided to have a child and not live together. Your talking about 75% of all African American families grow up in single parent households. One could say the lefts policies of paying single parents welfare and other benefits that pay and reward living in a no income family has/had more to do with this then incarceration.

Besides not sure any financial planner recommend the best way to get out of poverty or raise a child to have a home run by a person addicted to crack.
Do you think the years of slavery, and instances like the tulsa race massacre destroying black Wall Street when they tried to develop their own financial plan to pull themselves out had any impact on where the community is financially now? What do you think a financial planner would say about 5 landowners owning more land than the entire black community in this country? Itís a huge system in place. Itís not just one thing causing all these problems.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 03:18 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
You are really really working overtime to completely miss the point and you are wrong. Crack cocaine is inherently more addictive than powder cocaine.

You don't appear to know WTF you are talking about. And the argument that cocaine is just cocaine is massively flawed to the point its not worth discussing with you any further.
So you think smoking crack is more addictive than smoking cocaine? Just answer that before you tap out.
[Reply]
Shields68 03:24 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Compared 1:20 white kids.
Poor areas more violent and more crime. Single parents more likely to be raising children in those areas. Blacks 70% single parent households, Asians 85% 2 parent households and whites 75% 2 parent households....
[Reply]
Katipan 03:36 PM 05-03-2021
The black incarceration rate has dropped 35% in the last decade.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:43 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
So you think smoking crack is more addictive than smoking cocaine? Just answer that before you tap out.
Are you seriously implying you can smoke powdered cocaine? You do realize it has to be turned into a form of crack to smoke right? Well I mean if you want to get high off it.
[Reply]
Katipan 03:51 PM 05-03-2021
Primos for the win?
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:04 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Primos for the win?
It better be a primo with crack cocaine.
[Reply]
Shields68 04:05 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Do you think the years of slavery, and instances like the tulsa race massacre destroying black Wall Street when they tried to develop their own financial plan to pull themselves out had any impact on where the community is financially now? What do you think a financial planner would say about 5 landowners owning more land than the entire black community in this country? Itís a huge system in place. Itís not just one thing causing all these problems.
I never disputed that there is historical problems. Certain white peoples relatives faced some historical problems and injustices as well. I agree there is a ruling class that are very privileged, mostly white but a few Kamala Harris families also included. I do not think the majority of poor white people are privileged and a lot of them probably can point to some injustices that got them into that situation.

I have no doubt that the 5 landowners are very privileged. They also own more land then what then the bottom 1/3 of all white people as well?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 04:07 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Are you seriously implying you can smoke powdered cocaine? You do realize it has to be turned into a form of crack to smoke right? Well I mean if you want to get high off it.
Ok. Tap out acknowledged. Thank you for proving you have NO IDEA what you are speaking about. As someone who has taken a hit of a cocaine joint and thought I was about to die of a heart attack I can assure you it works.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 07:20 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Poor areas more violent and more crime. Single parents more likely to be raising children in those areas. Blacks 70% single parent households, Asians 85% 2 parent households and whites 75% 2 parent households....
Black youths in two parent households are three times as likely to live in poverty than whites and black two parent families have on average half the wealth of white families. The driving factor in the success of a family is generational wealth, which has been written into policy for generations to disadvantage African Americans. This may trigger conservatives but these are the facts.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up