ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Minnesota's criminal justice fees often fall hardest on poor
displacedinMN 07:36 AM 05-02-2021
No shit sherlock. Maybe dont do crimes.

Spoiler!

Related article

Spoiler!

This commentary Ugh

Spoiler!

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:33 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
You don't have a clue. A lot of people smoke a half ounce on a weekend. I'll just leave that as that.

You really think poor don't use cocaine and the wealthy don't smoke crack?
I think a poor person would love cocaine, but canít afford to become addicted to it. There isnít a crack head in the world that prefers crack over cocaine.
[Reply]
RubberSponge 11:50 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
I think a poor person would love cocaine, but canít afford to become addicted to it. There isnít a crack head in the world that prefers crack over cocaine.
:-)

Your idea that the poor don't use powder cocaine is wrong. Your idea that the wealthy don't use crack cocaine is wrong. You are 110% wrong. Dependency is not a financial issue.

You have a 1980's -early 90's belief structure of cocaine.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:05 PM 05-03-2021
:-)

Your idea that the poor don't use powder cocaine is wrong. Your idea that the wealthy don't use crack cocaine is wrong. You are 110% wrong. Dependency is not a financial issue.

You have a 1980's -early 90's belief structure of cocaine.
When did I say the poor don’t use cocaine? I said they can’t afford to be addicted to it. A lot of crackheads started on cocaine until the addiction emptied their bank account so they switched to the more affordable drug. The rich kids I partied with in my early 20’s rolled joints of cocaine for an even longer intense high. You put 5 rocks or 500 grams of cocaine in front of crackhead which do you think he’ll choose?
[Reply]
RubberSponge 12:37 PM 05-03-2021
When did I say the poor donít use cocaine? I said they canít afford to be addicted to it. A lot of crackheads started on cocaine until the addiction emptied their bank account so they switched to the more affordable drug. The rich kids I partied with in my early 20ís rolled joints of cocaine for an even longer intense high. You put 5 rocks or 500 grams of cocaine in front of crackhead which do you think heíll choose?
FWIW you realize crack is not hard to make? And powder cocaine is readily available to make crack, correct? From $10 to infinity.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:39 PM 05-03-2021
FWIW you realize crack is not hard to make? And powder cocaine is readily available to make crack, correct? From $10 to infinity.
Exactly what Iíve been saying. Thanks for finally catching up.
[Reply]
RubberSponge 12:47 PM 05-03-2021
Exactly what I’ve been saying. Thanks for finally catching up.
You've been saying the poor can't afford to become addicted to powder cocaine. Thus they use crack. I contend that both classes use both.

And 5 rocks or 500 grams ? Wtf does that even mean? 5 rocks? How much do they weigh? Who buys half kilos? And who is the idiot hat thinks selling half kilos is wise when it would sold by the pound at the same price?
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 12:48 PM 05-03-2021
So if youíre going with the stance that there arenít systems in place to make the sentencing and punishments unequal for different classes than please explain what makes Crack a harsher drug than Cocaine. Can you come up with a reasonable explanation that the Anti Drug Abuse Act of 86 made it a mandatory minimum 5 year sentence for 5 grams of crack or up to 500 grams of cocaine. Is baking power really that dangerous?

Those numbers donít seem to make sense to most of us, but please break them down for us Sherlock.
First...crack is cocaine...or rather made with cocaine. 2nd...it's much more addictive and destructive. Thus, harsher penalties.
[Reply]
Shields68 12:49 PM 05-03-2021
The issue seems to be that youíre breaking this thread down into a race issue when itís really not. The original articles are talking about the service and late processing court fees making it more difficult for the lower class and the crack and cocaine comparison is also just about classes. White lower class people were affected just as much with the bogus war on drugs, and subsequent crime bills.

The facts is, though, that systemic oppression in this country has kept the black community in the lower class with way more challenges that theyíve had to try and climb out of. Thatís why your mind automatically correlated an upper class and lower class discussion to a race discussion.
My point is that the Democrat party wants to make this issue a race issue. When it is not. They like the divisiveness of racial issues. I t fires up their base to turn out and vote.

Also disagree that the systemic oppression has done that to the black community. The fact is that a lot of the black community would be out of poverty if they lived in 2 wage earner households.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:11 PM 05-03-2021
You've been saying the poor can't afford to become addicted to powder cocaine. Thus they use crack. I contend that both classes use both.

And 5 rocks or 500 grams ? Wtf does that even mean? 5 rocks? How much do they weigh? Who buys half kilos? And who is the idiot hat thinks selling half kilos is wise when it would sold by the pound at the same price?
You just concluded that they are one in the same and that crack would not be hard to make if you had cocaine. Therefore I lead back to the original topic I brought up about the sentencing disparity for 5 grams of crack vs 500 grams of cocaine carrying the same sentence. Which would you choose if your were an addict? 500 grams of the substance used to make the crack rock or the 5 grams of the already made one that you just admitted was easily made?
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:14 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
First...crack is cocaine...or rather made with cocaine.

2nd...it's much more addictive and destructive.
Which one is it? Are they one in the same or is one actually more addictive? Read what you posted and think about what youíre trying to say. Would you say that smoking cocaine is less addictive than smoking crack? Iím still trying to figure out how dangerous you all think baking powder is.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:18 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Also disagree that the systemic oppression has done that to the black community. The fact is that a lot of the black community would be out of poverty if they lived in 2 wage earner households.
Is anyone reading their own posts anymore? I agree that the black community would be able to get out of poverty a lot easier if they lived in 2 wage earner households. Which is why weíve been discussing this system that was put in place with Reaganís war on drugs and Bidenís BS crime bill that has broken up a ton of families in those communities.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:22 PM 05-03-2021
So if youíre going with the stance that there arenít systems in place to make the sentencing and punishments unequal for different classes than please explain what makes Crack a harsher drug than Cocaine. Can you come up with a reasonable explanation that the Anti Drug Abuse Act of 86 made it a mandatory minimum 5 year sentence for 5 grams of crack or up to 500 grams of cocaine. Is baking power really that dangerous?

Those numbers donít seem to make sense to most of us, but please break them down for us Sherlock.
Its actually really simple if you know the history.

Crack cocaine specifically caused the largest surge in murder rate in US history.

Saying cocaine and crack cocaine had the same impact on society is wrong and is simplistic thinking.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 02:34 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its actually really simple if you know the history.

Crack cocaine specifically caused the largest surge in murder rate in US history.

Saying cocaine and crack cocaine had the same impact on society is wrong and is simplistic thinking.
Says who? The media? Going by the murder ratio numbers in the 80’s it actually fluctuated and went down from 1980 to 1986 when that law was made. The biggest jumps actually came in the 60’s and 70’s as the after-effects of forcing kids to fight in an unnecessary war and creating multiples psychiatric issues within our soldiers.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:40 PM 05-03-2021
Says who? The media? Going by the murder ratio numbers in the 80ís it actually fluctuated and went down from 1980 to 1986 when that law was made. The biggest jumps actually came in the 60ís when we were forcing kids to fight in an unnecessary war and creating multiples psychiatric issues within our soldiers.

Look its completely inarguable that crack cocaine wasn't drastically more impactful on the murder rate in the US than regular cocaine. Its just a fact.

I'm not interested in some diversion into a non related topic that's not accurate to begin with.
[Reply]
Shields68 02:57 PM 05-03-2021
Is anyone reading their own posts anymore? I agree that the black community would be able to get out of poverty a lot easier if they lived in 2 wage earner households. Which is why we’ve been discussing this system that was put in place with Reagan’s war on drugs and Biden’s BS crime bill that has broken up a ton of families in those communities.
Meh. The number of families split up for incarceration is not significant enough to be a main cause. The vast majority of the poor single parents decided to have a child and not live together. Your talking about 75% of all African American families grow up in single parent households. One could say the lefts policies of paying single parents welfare and other benefits that pay and reward living in a no income family has/had more to do with this then incarceration.

Besides not sure any financial planner recommend the best way to get out of poverty or raise a child to have a home run by a person addicted to crack.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up