ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
The Marty Lounge>*****The Joshua Kaindoh Thread*****
Dante84 11:52 AM 05-01-2021
More to come!







Originally Posted by :
Kaindoh (pronounced cane-dough) was tabbed as one of the top defensive end prospects in the country and a USA Today first-team All-American after spending his senior season at IMG Academy. The Baltimore native flashed talent in his first two years in Tallahassee, earning playing time in all 13 games of his true freshman season (17 tackles, 6.5 for loss, with four sacks) and then starting once in 12 appearances in 2018 (19 tackles, 4.5 for loss, with three sacks). Kaindoh appeared in three games with one start in his junior campaign (nine tackles, 2.5 for loss, with one sack) but was lost for the rest of the year with a lower leg injury. He started eight games in 2020, making 13 tackles, three for loss, and returned an interception for a touchdown. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
Former five-star defensive end who looks the part but doesn't have the production to go with the traits. Kaindoh has good length but is inconsistent in activating it properly, as his upper-body strength falls a little short. He doesn't have the natural gait and fluid movements of fellow FSU defensive end prospect Janarius Robinson and tends to stay blocked once his opponent gets into his frame. There are occasional flashes as a rusher, but if he doesn't take an early lead, he's unlikely to get home. He might be worth a look later in the draft based purely upon the traits.
Strengths
  • Long, NFL-caliber frame with even more room for muscle.
  • Adequate upfield spring off the snap and into neutral zone.
  • Initial quickness and body lean help him knife into B-gap on slants.
  • Uses length to separate and set the edge.
  • Capable of getting from one edge to the other with his rush counter.
  • Speed-to-power conversion potential as a pro.
  • Length could become more effective rush weapon with work.
Weaknesses
  • Has dealt with injuries and made just 10 career starts.
  • Looked as though he were favoring left ankle at times.
  • Play tends to be segmented and lacks athletic fluidity.
  • Doesn't use size traits to command the rep.
  • Below-average rush with only one sack in his last 11 games.
  • Inaccurate hand slaps fail to open outside rush lanes.
  • Not enough bend to dip below punch at top of the rush.
  • Runs out of gas during chase.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:49 PM 05-02-2021
Biggest question mark: Almost all of the Chiefsí selections are both logical and demonstrate effective value. But perhaps the most intriguing gamble from Chiefs comes in the selection of Kaindoh, a true developmental defensive end who didnít record a sack in his final season at Florida State.

Listed at 6-foot-6 and 260 pounds, Kaindoh is a pass rusher who appears to be an ascending prospect. The Chiefs just need to help Kaindoh reach his ceiling. Last season, Kaindoh had three tackles for loss and an interception that he returned for a touchdown. The hope is that he becomes a reliable contributor in 2022 to be a better selection for the Chiefs than Breeland Speaks and Tanoh Kpassagnon, two former second-round picks who didnít generate consistent production.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:56 PM 05-02-2021
Dane Bruglerís analysis: : A one-year starter at Florida State, Kaindoh was the field defensive end in defensive coordinator Adam Fullerís four-man front, standing up and rushing with his hand on the ground. He arrived in Tallahassee as a five-star recruit with lofty expectations and he struggled to match the hype (8.0 career sacks), primarily due to several injury issues. Ö Overall, Kaindoh is a toolsy prospect with his length, body control and hand strength, but he needs to stay healthy and play with better efficiency to unlock his pass rush potential. He projects as a developmental 4-3 end prospect.
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:45 PM 05-02-2021
To be fair, I think had it not been for Dion Jordan in 2013, Kaindoh would've gone a LOT earlier than he did.

Jordan was similar ..6'6 250lbs with a 4.6 40 and lacked sack production ("due to dropping into coverage so often" was the excuse back then) and was ultimately a bust as the No. 3 overall pick as well as a cautionary tale for teams looking to gamble on similar DE prospects that followed.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:49 PM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
To be fair, I think had it not been for Dion Jordan in 2013, Kaindoh would've gone a LOT earlier than he did.

Jordan was similar ..6'6 250lbs with a 4.6 40 and lacked sack production ("due to dropping into coverage so often" was the excuse back then) and was ultimately a bust as the No. 3 overall pick as well as a cautionary tale for teams looking to gamble on similar DE prospects that followed.
Didnít he also light himself on fire? That was a weird story
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:08 AM 05-03-2021

"Guys with his build and flexibility are a rarity and worth taking a chance on to develop down the road." 📝

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2021

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:13 AM 05-03-2021

[Reply]
CoMoChief 03:23 AM 05-03-2021
I mean....he's very raw, but is he any different than Tanoh?

Not a big fan of this pick, simply because this was a deep draft where you could find immediate major contributors later in the draft. Only difference now is KC isn't drafting these types in the 2nd.

Talanoa Hufanga
Adetokunbo Ogundeji
Jacoby Stevens
Tarron Jackson
Marquez Stevenson
Quincy Roche
Stone Forsythe

IMO either one of these players would have been a better pick. This team is in win now mode. It's gonna take at least 3yrs to get this guy good enough to be in the DL rotation.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:48 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Itís a fifth round pick. If you want measurables and production, you ainít getting that player in the 5th
Absolute bullshit.

I'll point to Daviyon Nixon and Jamar Johnson as two shining examples of it this year.

Late 4th to early 5th you can still get some talented players. Look at guys at the end of the 4th last year in Sneed and Gabriel Davis.

They exist and capitalizing on them often pays dividends.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:48 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
I mean....he's very raw, but is he any different than Tanoh?

Not a big fan of this pick, simply because this was a deep draft where you could find immediate major contributors later in the draft. Only difference now is KC isn't drafting these types in the 2nd.

Talanoa Hufanga
Adetokunbo Ogundeji
Jacoby Stevens
Tarron Jackson
Marquez Stevenson
Quincy Roche
Stone Forsythe

IMO either one of these players would have been a better pick. This team is in win now mode. It's gonna take at least 3yrs to get this guy good enough to be in the DL rotation.
He is nothing like Tanoh. Just because someone needs to be coached up to achieve potential doesn't make him Tanoh.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:27 AM 05-03-2021
This prospect is very exciting. One thing we desperately need was a speed rusher that wasn't a smaller guy like Dee Ford. Getting around the edge is easy for Kindoah. Chris Jones and Reed will do the rest.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:51 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Absolute bullshit.

I'll point to Daviyon Nixon and Jamar Johnson as two shining examples of it this year.

Late 4th to early 5th you can still get some talented players. Look at guys at the end of the 4th last year in Sneed and Gabriel Davis.

They exist and capitalizing on them often pays dividends.
And we know those two guys are gonna pan out? Just because "expert" mock drafts think these guys will be good doesn't mean our FO agrees. There will be 1st Rounders who bust out. I will trust the system with these guys. If there is anyone who can unlock his potential it is Daly and Spags. If he doesn't pan out then we try again.
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:50 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
It's gonna take at least 3yrs to get this guy good enough to be in the DL rotation.
I think it'll be much sooner than that. Two years at the most before things click. I feel he has more to work with physically than Tanoh. I would not be at all surprised if he flipped a switch at some point THIS season. As Staylor mentioned earlier in the thread, there are some Sneed parallels.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:56 AM 05-03-2021
He's been plagued by injuries.

If he can get healthy, he'll end up being a really nice pick for a late-rounder.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:58 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
This prospect is very exciting. One thing we desperately need was a speed rusher that wasn't a smaller guy like Dee Ford. Getting around the edge is easy for Kindoah. Chris Jones and Reed will do the rest.
If he isnít successful, it wonít be because of his situation. Heíll have Daly coaching him up and guys on the interior taking the attention.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:03 AM 05-03-2021
I still would have taken the Notre Dame kid Adetokunbo Ogundeji. More pro ready, developed, high ceiling and ascended every year in production.

Weíll see how this kid does but heís my least favorite pick of the draft
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up