ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>What will it take to be a Zero Carbon Country
displacedinMN 02:59 PM 04-30-2021
I read this as "Impossible"

Dont know what the politics is behind all of this-but it looks impossible to do without destroying the US farmland and killing the food supply in the process.

Hope you can read the article. There is also a twitter thread. All too long to copy.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...alflow-organic

https://twitter.com/i/events/1388170793322909699
[Reply]
2bikemike 05:35 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
What did the other four do?

No doubt gasoline was troublesome to come by at one time as well.
Well from what I glean from the article it the amount of time to charge compared to pumping gas.
[Reply]
Hydrae 05:38 PM 04-30-2021

I am sure they wondered why the more people are driving electric cars the cost of that electricity goes up. (Assumable, I have nothing to point at that this is currently happening)

My question with electric cars is, how are we going to produce that much MORE electricity? We have a lot of burden on the grid already (see Texas) and I don't see how electric cars can be helpful with that. All while trying to change that production process? Nah, no reason for concern here.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 05:40 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
Well from what I glean from the article it the amount of time to charge compared to pumping gas.
The tech is improving constantly. In the mean time, I think most people plan on making adjustments. I see a lot of Teslas around my neighborhood and elsewhere. People generally plug them in at home, at night.

A long road trip in one may be difficult at the moment, but that will change over time.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:42 PM 04-30-2021
Itís a pointless exercise thatís going to destroy the country.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:51 PM 04-30-2021

Drove the other, ICE vehicle, they own. At least some of them.
[Reply]
Snopes Hammer 06:08 PM 04-30-2021

[Reply]
NinerDoug 06:15 PM 04-30-2021
You can’t stop progress.
[Reply]
True North 06:46 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I don't think we need to be a zero carbon country, but we will eventually become one when fossil fuels either run out, or become so costly to extract that they are no longer a viable option. We can either prepare for that inevitability, or continue to pretend it won't happen.
They thought peak oil was in the 70s. New oil deposits are found all the time. The Athabasca oil sands deposit alone could provide the WORLD for 200 plus years at current consumption levels. The extraction costs and technology are getting better all the time. You don't know what you're talking about.

There's no currently existing carbon neutral technology that can power our on demand energy needs. Not to mention all the existing GREEN technology requires fossil fuels, and they still can't get to load. It's a giant scam. The only things lucrative about green tech is the massive subsidies and marketing to gullible eco fascists.

If carbon zero is truly the goal, then be prepared to take the biggest reduction of our standard of living, mobility and freedom in the history of the world. Bicycles, yurts and imitation meat for all. Yay!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
True North 06:54 PM 04-30-2021
https://climate.nasa.gov/vital-signs...l-temperature/

Nineteen of the warmest years have occurred since 2000, with the exception of 1998. The year 2020 tied with 2016 for the warmest year on record since record-keeping began in 1880 (source: NASA/GISS). This research is broadly consistent with similar constructions prepared by the Climatic Research Unit and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
Not exactly the gold standard of data when you consider how old and vast the earth is. They also admit to manipulating the data and have some pretty suspect placements of these recording stations. On building roofs, beside airplane tarmac's ect.

Do you know how many stations were used in 1880 when they started recording surface temperature? Less than 20 for the whole continental US. Are you really going to hang your hat on that incomplete of a data set?

[Reply]
BDj23 07:08 PM 04-30-2021
Leftist fantasy land to become reality
[Reply]
Bowser 07:16 PM 04-30-2021
You canít stop progress.
Maybe, but you can totally fuck it up and make things worse
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 07:25 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
In all seriousness, the hypocritical douchnozzles that ride the climate change wave to money and fame are really hurting the movement.

The sooner they are called out by both sides the better.

People like Gore should be burned at the ****ing stake.
The entire "movement" is manufactured.

The MAJOR issue America has to worry about is drought in the American West. Not freaking carbon emissions:-) Greta drones.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 07:27 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by True North:
They thought peak oil was in the 70s. New oil deposits are found all the time. The Athabasca oil sands deposit alone could provide the WORLD for 200 plus years at current consumption levels. The extraction costs and technology are getting better all the time. You don't know what you're talking about.

There's no currently existing carbon neutral technology that can power our on demand energy needs. Not to mention all the existing GREEN technology requires fossil fuels, and they still can't get to load. It's a giant scam. The only things lucrative about green tech is the massive subsidies and marketing to gullible eco fascists.

If carbon zero is truly the goal, then be prepared to take the biggest reduction of our standard of living, mobility and freedom in the history of the world. Bicycles, yurts and imitation meat for all. Yay!

I love when knowledgeable people own libs when it comes to climate change. TURST DA SCIENCE!!!!!!!!! It's the same chit over and over. It's to ckuckkk us all.

We need to invest in nuclear if we want anything substantial.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 07:28 PM 04-30-2021
You canít stop progress.
Said Bolsheviks before they (ritualistically) killed the Romanovs.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 07:45 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
The entire "movement" is manufactured.

The MAJOR issue America has to worry about is drought in the American West. Not freaking carbon emissions:-) Greta drones.
I love when knowledgeable people own libs when it comes to climate change. TURST DA SCIENCE!!!!!!!!! It's the same chit over and over. It's to ckuckkk us all.

We need to invest in nuclear if we want anything substantial.
Said Bolsheviks before they (ritualistically) killed the Romanovs.
Hey, I wonder if climate change could have an effect on the amount of rainfall in the American west. Hmmmm.

But stay close to Q. He he hasnít steered you wrong yet!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up