ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The case for Tommy Tremble or any other high drafted TE.
The Franchise 07:40 PM 04-25-2021
We need an X WR. Iím not downplaying that by any means. And I wouldnít be surprised to see them draft one at either 58 or 63. But will there be one of the highly rated WRs available.

By the time we get to 58....Dyami Brown, Tylan Wallace, Nico Collins or Amon Ra St Brown could be gone.

And if we stay at 58 or 63.....we arenít drafting again until 144.

Why not draft a top TE if one is there and have Kelce be our X for all intents and purposes. Move him around and let Tremble or Long play the typical TE position.

Just a thought.

Feel free to roast me.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:47 PM 04-25-2021
I'd have no problem whatsoever if they used 58 for Freiermuth, Jordan, or Tremble. I hold my breath every game Kelce plays. He's one of my all-time favorite Chiefs and he's been remarkably durable, but if he went down for any extended length of time we'd be screwed hard. Time to start looking for a solid TE 2 who can make plays.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:59 PM 04-25-2021
You're not going to see me make a case for any of these Tight Ends. Why would we blow a 2 on a player that will do nothing but sit?
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:01 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
You're not going to see me make a case for any of these Tight Ends. Why would we blow a 2 on a player that will do nothing but sit?
Because you missed the fucking point of the thread? Kelce plays more of the X role in this offense and the rookie is the TE in situations?

Nobody we draft at 58 or 63 are immediate starters. Veach already said there are only 16-17 day one starters in this draft.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:03 PM 04-25-2021
The Chiefs seem to agree that they need some competition there aftering signing Blake Bell again to go with Sean Culkin and Evan Baylis. None scream "greatness," although I am interested to see how Culkin has come back from that Achilles a couple seasons ago because I thought he showed some promise at least as a good run blocking #3.

I'd love to see KC address the position but I'm just not sure doing it in the 2nd round is a good use of resources. Now, if a guy fell to day 3, I'd be all about it and even moving up to do it. I'd put it as certainly possible that Tremble is there day 3. I really don't think Long is.

As for the premise of sliding Kelce out to be an X type and adding a TE inline, I don't know about that. I'd much rather an actual WR that can do more things on the outside and keep Kelce operating the way he does. Having a #2 TE that can actually let Reid operate out of a dangerous 12-p package would be nice.

I guess I just prioritize DE/CB/WR over TE right now and would much rather some combination of those 3 as the Chiefs top 2 picks. I won't be disappointed if they disagree with me though and go this route.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:04 PM 04-25-2021
Hey....I’m not saying that we forego drafting a WR. I’m just not sure who or what is going to be there.

And we all know that Veach doesn’t just draft the players that we scream for all offseason.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:06 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Because you missed the fucking point of the thread? Kelce plays more of the X role in this offense and the rookie is the TE in situations?

Nobody we draft at 58 or 63 are immediate starters. Veach already said there are only 16-17 day one starters in this draft.
No, I got your point. It fucking sucks though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:09 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
No, I got your point. It fucking sucks though.
Dually noted. I can accept that.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:09 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Hey....Iím not saying that we forego drafting a WR. Iím just not sure who or what is going to be there.

And we all know that Veach doesnít just draft the players that we scream for all offseason.

Yeah, I can't honestly remember the last time Veach drafted a player I liked, if ever. I kinda liked Speaks but I wouldn't say I screamed for him and he never was used how I saw him.

The only 2 I've been hammering on this year consistently are Tryon and D. Brown, and I really like Turner and Adebo. If he takes one of any of those 4 I'll fucking jump up and down like a little girl, but I fully expect that won't be the case.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:15 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Yeah, I can't honestly remember the last time Veach drafted a player I liked, if ever. I kinda liked Speaks but I wouldn't say I screamed for him and he never was used how I saw him.

The only 2 I've been hammering on this year consistently are Tryon and D. Brown, and I really like Turner and Adebo. If he takes one of any of those 4 I'll fucking jump up and down like a little girl, but I fully expect that won't be the case.
He has literally never drafted a player that Iíve pounded the table for.

Shit...the last player that the Chiefs drafted that I called was Dwayne Bowe.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:17 PM 04-25-2021
I feel like htismaqe has been lecturing me for a month about this, but I want either a true X wide receiver or a legit receiving threat at TE2 out of this draft. Say what you will about Sammy Watkins, but when he was healthy and on the field, our offense looked different and more much more dangerous. Sammy was a great X for us and we're going to miss that type of guy if we move Kelce to more of the #1 option at X with a bunch of other 3/4 WR guys trying to take up space there, and that's also the reason to take a receiving TE2 if that is indeed how they're planning on Kelce getting used.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 08:19 PM 04-25-2021
I can’t see them spending top 60-ish picks on a player that will not garner many snaps. Not only would a TE be playing behind Kelce, but 2TE sets aren’t exactly the calling card of this offense. I am all for building depth behind positions of ageing veterans whether they are in their prime or not, but not with other needs and pockets of great prospects on the board at other positions.
[Reply]
In58men 08:27 PM 04-25-2021
I don’t know why, but I REALLY like Kenny Yeboah lol. Hell, I’m not even sure if he’s going to be drafted. Definitely a deep sleeper play.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:32 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I feel like htismaqe has been lecturing me for a month about this, but I want either a true X wide receiver or a legit receiving threat at TE2 out of this draft. Say what you will about Sammy Watkins, but when he was healthy and on the field, our offense looked different and more much more dangerous. Sammy was a great X for us and we're going to miss that type of guy if we move Kelce to more of the #1 option at X with a bunch of other 3/4 WR guys trying to take up space there, and that's also the reason to take a receiving TE2 if that is indeed how they're planning on Kelce getting used.
*not saying they're going to move Kelce from TE1, just saying if they rely on him like the X receiver in this offense

(felt this needed to be said before people got out the pitchforks, lol)
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:39 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I can’t see them spending top 60-ish picks on a player that will not garner many snaps. Not only would a TE be playing behind Kelce, but 2TE sets aren’t exactly the calling card of this offense. I am all for building depth behind positions of ageing veterans whether they are in their prime or not, but not with other needs and pockets of great prospects on the board at other positions.
Maybe they will be a little more with the revamped OL.

I don’t see it either, but it would blow ass to as a defense roll out a jumbo package and still have to worry about Mahomes bombing you to death.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up