ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
The Marty Lounge>Nzoner
stevieray 12:57 PM 04-25-2021
Our good friend Nzoner suffered a heart attack this morning.

This is one helluva guy. Heart the size of Texas.

If you would be so kind , please say a prayer for his recovery.

Thanks.

**UPDATES**
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Just got off the phone.

He is in great spirits considering what he went through. They had to use the paddles twice and administer CPR (which cracked a rib). Said it feels like he got hit in the chest with a sledgehammer. I was blown away about how calm he is.

They put a stint in and will know more in a couple of days.

Thanks everyone..

Originally Posted by Katie:
Had a nice chat with him. Will go home Tuesday if all remains well. He had a totally blocked artery and has a stint and feeling pretty good considering.

Originally Posted by Nzoner:
First off just let me say I am so happy just to be visiting this place again.I was told they lost me twice but thanks to a great EMT,shock paddles and CPR here I am.Very sore in the chest area especially when I cough,sneeze,laugh etc.

The last thing I remember is being in the back of the ambulance asking where we were at when we barely a mile from my house.The next thing I remember is coming to in a cold room with bright lights and about 20 people hoovering over my naked body(those poor poor souls.)

Let me say I am so humbled by your responses and caring that you all have brought tears to my eyes and in a great way.Your prayers have been heard and appreciated by me and my family more than you will ever know.

I would like to share that I told mrs nzoner I really wanted to get out and go to church today and wow wouldn't you know it the sermon was on Jonah and the whale and how God has a way of getting our attention to get us to focus on what His call on our lives is.We also had a communion service and one of our pastors told me,"when you take this you pray for a complete healing." All I know is a week ago today I was lying in ICU in major pain and doubts and fear galore and today I was able not only to go to church but to see my good friend and fellow CPer Bugeater and even go out to lunch with him.

Anyhow,time for a pain pill and a nap.Thank you all so much again and PLEASE REMEMBER NONE OF US ARE PROMISED TOMORROW.Slow down and enjoy the simple things,look at the beauty of God's creation and in all things give thanks.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

GOD BLESS!!!

[Reply]
DaFace 03:51 PM 04-25-2021
Fuck. It sounds like he's doing OK at least. Happened to my dad a decade ago. He was down for a number of months recovering, but 10 years later and he's still kicking at age 70. Good vibes heading to one of the Planet's greats.
[Reply]
stevieray 03:53 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He's better than that. Can't think of anyone who's come close to doing as much for so many people here. All the times he's opened his home up for us, dealing not only with the crazed drunken hijinks but the aftermath none of us saw. He and his wife should be sainted. Just not anytime soon.
About ten years ago, he and I road tripped to Texarkana to spend a week with Dole.

And anyone who knows Joe KNOWS he is a connoisseur of music.

He premade about twenty CD's for the trip and we rocked out the whole way there. Laughed our asses off at the podunk Arkansas towns and names.

Spent the week with Dole partying and listening to live music. Drank moonshine backstage! LOL

One of my favorite vacations. Seems like yesterday.

I love him like a brother.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:54 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Is this the fireworks dude?

Hoping he gets better soon.
I understand why you'd think of him for that (and, yes, that's him), but he's also the guy who hosted the CP bash for years. He's got as much to do with the culture of this place as anyone.
[Reply]
srvy 03:54 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Just got off the phone.

He is great spirits considering what he went through. They had to use the paddles twice and administer CPR (which cracked a rib). Said it feels like he got hit in the chest with a sledgehammer. I was blown away about how calm he is.

They put a stint in and will know more in a couple of days.

Thanks everyone..
Thanks for the update Stevieray.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 04:05 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
About ten years ago, he and I road tripped to Texarkana to spend a week with Dole.

And anyone who knows Joe KNOWS he is a connoisseur of music.

He premade about twenty CD's for the trip and we rocked out the whole way there. Laughed our asses off at the podunk Arkansas towns and names.

Spent the week with Dole partying and listening to live music. Drank moonshine backstage! LOL

One of my favorite vacations. Seems like yesterday.

I love him like a brother.

It was also draft weekend. And Blues Traveler was playing at a local music fest. I drove up from Tyler that weekend and saw very little of the first day of the draft due to being miserable on a couch in another room from a way bad hangover from the fest the night before (I account for a couple of those drunk hijinks Fraz mentioned).

He introduced us to the Kenny Wayne Shepard 10 Days Out album/DVD that weekend. A couple of those songs pop up in my play lists on a fairly regular basis.
[Reply]
threebag02 04:06 PM 04-25-2021
Thoughts and Prayers
[Reply]
stevieray 04:10 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:

He introduced us to the Kenny Wayne Shepard 10 Days Out album/DVD that weekend.
We wore that CD OUT. I still listen to it regularly.

Gatemouth? Hubie Sumlin?
[Reply]
BDj23 04:14 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I understand why you'd think of him for that (and, yes, that's him), but he's also the guy who hosted the CP bash for years. He's got as much to do with the culture of this place as anyone.
I tried to give him some business last summer but google maps took me on a wild goose chase thru KC and I never could find the place.

If I buy fireworks this year, I'll be sure to contact him and get the actual address from him.

Glad everything is alright, he seems like a good dude
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:36 PM 04-25-2021
I was on the road in BF Nebraska when I got the news, thanks for getting a thread up Stevie.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:37 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I tried to give him some business last summer but google maps took me on a wild goose chase thru KC and I never could find the place.

If I buy fireworks this year, I'll be sure to contact him and get the actual address from him.

Glad everything is alright, he seems like a good dude
Google actually has the name of a competitor at his address, it's a fucked up deal.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:41 PM 04-25-2021
Joe is an awesome dude. Very glad to hear like he is coming out of this thing alright. And thanks for keeping us in the loop Stevie.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 04:49 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Just got off the phone.

He is in great spirits considering what he went through. They had to use the paddles twice and administer CPR (which cracked a rib). Said it feels like he got hit in the chest with a sledgehammer. I was blown away about how calm he is.

They put a stint in and will know more in a couple of days.

Thanks everyone..
Holy shit. That's a close call and another reason all you folks should know and know how to do CPR.

Sounds a little like the ol' widow maker (left anterior descending) artery was occluded. Probably/possibly not, because that's a sneaky mofo. Sometimes no pain, just arrest.

Glad he didn't have to have his chest cracked.

Speedy recovery to Joe.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 04:53 PM 04-25-2021
Glad they got things figured out, sending prayers for a continued recovery.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:55 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Just got off the phone.

He is in great spirits considering what he went through. They had to use the paddles twice and administer CPR (which cracked a rib). Said it feels like he got hit in the chest with a sledgehammer. I was blown away about how calm he is.

They put a stint in and will know more in a couple of days.

Thanks everyone..
Added this to the OP.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:02 PM 04-25-2021
Prayers he regains his health.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up