ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Round 1 targets
staylor26 01:33 PM 12-28-2020
WR:

Rashod Bateman, Minnesota
Kadarius Toney, Florida
Terrace Marshall, LSU


TE:

Pat Freiermuth, Penn St.

OL:

Alijah Vera-Tucker, T/G, USC
Liam Eichenberg, T, Notre Dame
Jalen Mayfield, T, Michigan
Samuel Cosmi, T, Texas

DE:

Azeez Ojulari, Georgia
Jaelan Phillips, Miami
Jayson Oweh, Penn St.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:37 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Weren't we all crowing 8 months ago that the Chiefs had signed a super duper set of UDFA WRs? What happened to all of these guys:

Kalija Lipscomb, WR, Vanderbilt
Aleva Hifo, WR, BYU
Cody White, WR, Michigan State
Maurice Ffrench, WR, Pitt
Justice Shelton-Mosley, WR, Vanderbilt
Andre Baccellia, WR, Washington

I think it was more about the UDFA class overall than just WR.
[Reply]
el borracho 07:48 PM 01-20-2021
No, I'm almost certain that people were excited about some of these WRs. Lipscomb and Ffrench in particular, IIRC.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:33 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by el borracho:
No, I'm almost certain that people were excited about some of these WRs. Lipscomb and Ffrench in particular, IIRC.
Lipscomb was one of the top UDFA’s available, but I don’t think anybody was overly hyping him or the group up.

Like duncan said, it was more about the UDFA’s group as a whole.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:41 PM 01-20-2021
Matt Miller has 13 tackles ranked in his top 100. Not saying it’s a must have but if Lucas Niang shows up at the start of next year before the draft and pulls a Breeland Speaks? Then yeah I’m looking at one of those guys, maybe even in the first rd.

This is a very good tackle class from what I’m reading.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:17 AM 01-21-2021
The extra third for EB would be huge for this year’s draft. There should be some good talent left.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:46 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Matt Miller has 13 tackles ranked in his top 100. Not saying itís a must have but if Lucas Niang shows up at the start of next year before the draft and pulls a Breeland Speaks? Then yeah Iím looking at one of those guys, maybe even in the first rd.

This is a very good tackle class from what Iím reading.

Yeah, it looks really good.

There are some really versatile guys who will be in range of Chiefsí picks, too. Teven Jenkins and Alijah Vera-Tucker are both players who have played multiple positions in college and can be moved around. Would be an interesting type of player to take ... someone who can play LG/RG if Schwartz is back or Niang is ready at RT or play a tackle if that isnít the case.

But it looks deep in T prospects, ESPECIALLY if you can take one and not immediately throw them in the starting lineup.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 08:48 AM 01-21-2021
We really need someone that can replicate what Watkins gives us when he plays. With him not being available for most of this year I think if we can someone who can come in and do that then our offense is going to be really good next year.

We also probably need someone who can come in for Schwartz which are big shoes to fill.

Would love another TE option to make us harder to cover. Like the look of Pat Freiermuth.

Also our defensive interior probably needs to be looked at.

Not sure which of those we will solve in free agency and which in the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 08:58 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, it looks really good.

There are some really versatile guys who will be in range of Chiefsí picks, too. Teven Jenkins and Alijah Vera-Tucker are both players who have played multiple positions in college and can be moved around. Would be an interesting type of player to take ... someone who can play LG/RG if Schwartz is back or Niang is ready at RT or play a tackle if that isnít the case.

But it looks deep in T prospects, ESPECIALLY if you can take one and not immediately throw them in the starting lineup.
Tackle seems like you of those where you don't need one til you do, so it's always good to be prepared.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:33 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
We really need someone that can replicate what Watkins gives us when he plays. With him not being available for most of this year I think if we can someone who can come in and do that then our offense is going to be really good next year.

We also probably need someone who can come in for Schwartz which are big shoes to fill.

Would love another TE option to make us harder to cover. Like the look of Pat Freiermuth.

Also our defensive interior probably needs to be looked at.

Not sure which of those we will solve in free agency and which in the draft.
Free agency is going to be interesting this year. Chiefs are right up against the cap and it looks like it's going to stay flat.
[Reply]
O.city 10:07 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Free agency is going to be interesting this year. Chiefs are right up against the cap and it looks like it's going to stay flat.
I'd just be shocked if owners and such let it go down that much to where teams are having mass bloodletting by cutting guys. Even if they cut them if it's that low, they aren't gonna go elsewhere cause no one is gonna have money. Seems the NFLPA and the NFL owners have a reason to borrow from future years to make it work.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:19 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd just be shocked if owners and such let it go down that much to where teams are having mass bloodletting by cutting guys. Even if they cut them if it's that low, they aren't gonna go elsewhere cause no one is gonna have money. Seems the NFLPA and the NFL owners have a reason to borrow from future years to make it work.
Well, the rumors about it going down toe $175M are pretty much just rumors.

Credible sources are saying it will be about $195M but it's $198M now.

The Chiefs are over the cap for next year already and will have to shave to get under $198M, let alone $195M.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:35 AM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Well, the rumors about it going down toe $175M are pretty much just rumors.

Credible sources are saying it will be about $195M but it's $198M now.

The Chiefs are over the cap for next year already and will have to shave to get under $198M, let alone $195M.
Convert Mahomes deal to a bonus, extend Mathieu and lose Schwartz. That should give us some space.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:17 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Convert Mahomes deal to a bonus, extend Mathieu and lose Schwartz. That should give us some space.
Losing Schwartz will actually cost us money. The dead cap hit is almost double the savings.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:22 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Losing Schwartz will actually cost us money. The dead cap hit is almost double the savings.
If he retires?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:32 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If he retires?
Yep.

The worst part is that the Chiefs can go after any remaining signing bonus and get it back (unless he chooses to fight it) but from what I've read about other cases, that recovered money is just cash, it doesn't give us any cap relief. It's already spent, so to speak.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up