ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>Falcon and The Winter Soldier trailer
Tribal Warfare 04:40 AM 12-11-2020

[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:27 PM 03-24-2021
I’m still baffled how Star Wars had three films with him and found a way to make his character entirely forgettable.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:08 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I’m still baffled how Star Wars had three films with him and found a way to make his character entirely forgettable.
It was a three film series with no direction and no story or character arc.

When shooting began, Poe was originally dead in the crash in Jakku. It wasn’t until much later that they decided to bring his character back.

Then, Rian Johnson terribly underused and misused him, followed by JJ deciding to turn him into Han Solo-lite by revealing he’d been a smuggler before joining The Resistance.

I can’t even imagine how frustrating it must have been to deal with that role.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:43 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It was a three film series with no direction and no story or character arc.

When shooting began, Poe was originally dead in the crash in Jakku. It wasnt until much later that they decided to bring his character back.

Then, Rian Johnson terribly underused and misused him, followed by JJ deciding to turn him into Han Solo-lite by revealing hed been a smuggler before joining The Resistance.

I cant even imagine how frustrating it must have been to deal with that role.
You could say the same about Finns character as well.

Credit to both Boyega and Issac who are both charismatic enough to make their characters memorable even if the script lets them down.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:31 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
First episode didn't do much for me. But neither did the first week of WandaVision. So hopefully it follows a similar trajectory.

They dropped me straight in the action, which I like, but then just spun wheels. I didn't really need an entire hour to establish "here's where they are" at the start a 6-hour miniseries.

I am probably in the minority but WandaVision was good but not great. Much too off the wall at times for me...Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen kept it interesting for me but the whole story just seemed off for me.

I liked the immediate action for FATWS....got me interested right away and i appreciate that. It did kind of drag a little in the back story part but i can live with them trying to establish why he had his angst.

I am reallly happy they are exploring the part where Bucky is dealing with the mental aspect of his prior life as a puppet of HYDRA....gives him something to reconcile with.

I think the relationship between Falcon and Bucky and their interaction will make for great watching.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:42 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
I am probably in the minority but WandaVision was good but not great. Much too off the wall at times for me.
Same for me. I admire marvel for doing something different though.

I just cant get into Wanda and Visions characters that much.

Bucky and Sam are just more grounded in the real world. So I can get into that more.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:49 PM 03-26-2021
Solid 2nd episode.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 05:16 PM 03-26-2021
I enjoyed it, although I will admit that Dane's point about Sam being broke has kind of just gotten in the way of this show being potentially really great. There's no way some Stark Foundation-ish type of setup wouldn't be available to Sam for the rest of his life. But, meh. Still a fun show a couple of episodes in (even if it feels like they have nerfed Bucky to a degree).

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Solid 2nd episode.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:47 PM 03-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I enjoyed it, although I will admit that Dane's point about Sam being broke has kind of just gotten in the way of this show being potentially really great. There's no way some Stark Foundation-ish type of setup wouldn't be available to Sam for the rest of his life. But, meh. Still a fun show a couple of episodes in (even if it feels like they have nerfed Bucky to a degree).



Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:50 AM 03-27-2021
Nowhere near as unique, interesting, or enjoyable as WandaVision for me so far. I didn't particularly expect it to be, but hopefully this goes somewhere.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:25 AM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Nowhere near as unique, interesting, or enjoyable as WandaVision for me so far. I didn't particularly expect it to be, but hopefully this goes somewhere.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:30 AM 03-27-2021
Lots of references and set up in this episode. Looks like Zemo is going to be moving more in line with his anti-villain role he had in comics for a long time.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:46 AM 03-27-2021
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:40 PM 03-27-2021
I read The Hobbit, . . . in 1937, when it first came out. . . .
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:28 AM 03-28-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I read The Hobbit, . . . in 1937, when it first came out. . . .
That was a funny joke
[Reply]
unlurking 08:19 AM 03-28-2021
I've enjoyed it so far. It's been "simple" and fun. The interactions between the Falcon and the Snowman, err, I mean Winter Soldier, have been really funny. The therapy session was hilarious and timed well to be short and funny without too much *feelz*. It's definitely not a though provoking mystery filled with hints and false trails for people to crazy over, but it's not supposed to be. Can't figure out why yet, but for some reason the humor reminds me of The Greatest American Hero. Totally different show and have no idea why it's giving me that vibe,
[Reply]
Page 5 of 22
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up