ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 73 of 74
« First < 23636970717273 74 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Racism is, Apparently, Alive and Kicking Repository
Pitt Gorilla 03:13 PM 06-16-2020
Thought we could consolidate many of the new stories into one thread. Unfortunately, there's seemingly a new one every day.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 09:13 AM 05-04-2021
https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad/...e-skin-2427634

New York: A Sikh man was attacked with a hammer by a Black attacker who shouted at him "I don't like you" and "You're not the same skin" at a hotel in Brooklyn, prompting a prominent New-York based advocacy group to call on investigators to examine if the assault was a hate crime incident.
Sumit Ahluwalia, 32, of Astoria has said his attacker was fuelled by racial hatred, according to a report on New York Daily News website.

Sumit Ahluwalia said the man, a Black, assaulted him on April 26 at his workplace, the Quality Inn in Brownsville. He said the man came into the lobby of the hotel at around 8 am and started shouting while the front desk lady asked him if he needed help.

Sumit Ahluwalia stepped into the lobby to speak with the man and to seek the hotel security guard. At that point, the attacker "started running towards me, very fast, and he put his hand in the pocket - I thought, 'He's pulling out a gun''', the report said.

Pleading with the man, the victim said, "What happened? You're my brother."

The attacker responded "You're not the same skin," Sumit Ahluwalia said, adding that the man then "banged on my head with the hammer so hard."

The attacker then screamed, "I don't like you," and ran away, according to the report.

It said the victim "couldn't feel what happened with me" and was eventually taken to an emergency room.

"I couldn't sleep. I had a big bump on my head. I could fall - feeling dizziness, and the next morning I went to the doctor," he said, adding that five days later, he was still feeling anxious and fearful.

"I didn't do anything... I don't deserve this. I'm a hardworking guy, wake up in the morning at 6 a.m. and go home at 7 pm," he said.

Police have released pictures of the suspect, who was still being sought.

Advocacy group The Sikh Coalition said its legal team is providing free legal services to Sumit Ahluwalia.

"We have already been in direct communication with law enforcement and demanded that investigators examine the real possibility that bias was a motive," it said, adding that anyone with information about the incident should contact the New York Police Department.

The tragic incident comes as the US has witnessed a recent wave of anti-Asian hate crimes during this pandemic.

Eight people, including four Sikhs, were killed in a mass shooting at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis last month.
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:00 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
https://www.insider.com/man-charged-...o-crowd-2021-5

A man who yelled anti-Asian epithets and rammed his truck into people at a picnic was charged with attempted murder

A man was charged with attempted murder after yelling anti-Asian remarks and ramming his pickup truck into a group of people picnicking in Chicago, several outlets reported.

Police said Timothy Nielsen, 57, drove up to a group of 10 people who were celebrating a birthday on Sunday and complained about their dogs, the Associated Press reported.

Nielsen then intentionally reversed his car over the curb into the crowd, first hitting one person who was trying to flee and giving them minor injuries, then hitting a 42-year-old woman who tried to flee but ended up pinned under the truck and sustained major injuries that required hospitalization, WBBM reported.

Prosecutors said Nielsen drove over bikes, chairs, and a Yeti cooler before his truck struck people.

Cook County Judge John Fitzgerald Lyke ordered that Nielsen be held without bail.

Rob Lopez, a friend of the woman who was hospitalized told The Chicago Tribune that Nielsen shouted anti-Asian epithets at one member of the group before he ran his truck through them.

A woman who lived nearby told police Nielsen stopped his car before the incident and complained to her about "yuppies on the boulevard out with their dogs" and then told her "watch what I'm going to do."

Nielsen also allegedly took out a knife and swung it at members of the group who tried to get him out of his car after he ran the woman over.
"Yuppies" is now a racial epithet?
[Reply]
Detoxing 10:13 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Dogs cause racism

I had a racist dog once.

She HATED black people.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:16 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I had a racist dog once.

She HATED black people.
Could be something to with their inability to process most colors.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 10:18 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
"Yuppies" is now a racial epithet?
No. He stopped and talked briefly with a neighbor of the people he attacked, before the incident. To her, he referred to them as yuppies. He yelled some unspecified racial slur at the people he attacked, just before he drove his truck into them.
[Reply]
BigRichard 10:23 AM 05-04-2021
No. He stopped and talked briefly with a neighbor of the people he attacked, before the incident. To her, he referred to them as yuppies. He yelled some unspecified racial slur at the people he attacked, just before he drove his truck into them.
Unspecified huh? That qualifies for you without knowing the specifics of what was said huh?
[Reply]
NinerDoug 10:35 AM 05-04-2021
Unspecified huh? That qualifies for you without knowing the specifics of what was said huh?
Not sure what you mean. It's an article, and I am just referring to what's in the article. It says this:

"Rob Lopez, a friend of the woman who was hospitalized told The Chicago Tribune that Nielsen shouted anti-Asian epithets at one member of the group before he ran his truck through them."

So no, I don't know what, specifically, was yelled at the people.
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:20 AM 05-04-2021
Not sure what you mean. It's an article, and I am just referring to what's in the article. It says this:

"Rob Lopez, a friend of the woman who was hospitalized told The Chicago Tribune that Nielsen shouted anti-Asian epithets at one member of the group before he ran his truck through them."

So no, I don't know what, specifically, was yelled at the people.
I know what you are referring to but you posted this in the Racism thread. Just the same as the Marine that got crucified for some out of context video, we don't have the full story to come to any conclusions really. Someone said something mean is about it. We don't know what it is just that someone else said it is a racial epithets.

It is also a bit of an incomplete story too. Lets say some Asian guy has a dog and it shits on my lawn. I tell him to pick it up and he refuses. I then get pissed and start kicking his ass and I call him an "Asian one who sucks the penis" or something like that. Would that be considered a racist epithet to you? To him? To others? Did I actually attack him because he was Asian and it was a sign of racism?
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:25 AM 05-04-2021
I know what you are referring to but you posted this in the Racism thread. Just the same as the marine that got crucified for some out of context video, we don't have the full story to come to any conclusions really. Someone said something mean is about it. We don't know what it is just that someone else said it is a racial epithets.

It is also a bit of an incomplete story too. Lets say some Asian guy has a dog and it shits on my lawn. I tell him to pick it up and he refuses. I then get pissed and start kicking his ass and I call him an "Asian one who sucks the penis" or something like that. Would that be considered a racist epithet to you? To him? To others? Did I actually attack him because he was Asian and it was a sign of racism?
Well, unless you want to be charged with a hate crime, you should probably just keep it to bundle of sticks. :-) Strike that. That could be a hate crime too. Make it "cuck." That should be safe.

But seriously, I have no idea what the actual slur was. All I know is what I read. Which is the same situation for 99.99999999999999% of the discussion around here.

But to your point about someone saying something mean being about it, that's not the case. Unless you want to pretend that he didn't intentionally run down a woman right after saying that mean thing.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 11:36 AM 05-04-2021
I had a racist dog once.

She HATED black people.
I had a Rottweiler like that. It was embarrassing.
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:47 AM 05-04-2021
Well, unless you want to be charged with a hate crime, you should probably just keep it to bundle of sticks. :-) Strike that. That could be a hate crime too. Make it "outstanding citizen." That should be safe.

But seriously, I have no idea what the actual slur was. All I know is what I read. Which is the same situation for 99.99999999999999% of the discussion around here.

But to your point about someone saying something mean being about it, that's not the case. Unless you want to pretend that he didn't intentionally run down a woman right after saying that mean thing.
I know he tried to run them down which is why I threw out my little scenario. If I attack someone over their dog shitting on my lawn and say some mean things at the time, I probably wasn't doing it because I hate Asians. It sounds like he attacked them over some dogs. Not sure what the dogs did or anything but that was part of the story. I am just saying, to me the story is far from clear that it was a racism story.

I threw a few in here that weren't very clearly a racist thing but just wanted to point out, I have my doubts on this one.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:50 AM 05-04-2021
I had a racist dog once.

She HATED black people.
Hah. I had a Dobie-Rottweiler mix in college. She was super good tempered. But when my black buddy from New Orleans would visit she’d go apeshit. He looked at me one time and said “vail, your dog don’t like n*****s”. She was also that way with the white UPS guy.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:03 PM 05-04-2021
Well, unless you want to be charged with a hate crime, you should probably just keep it to bundle of sticks. :-) Strike that. That could be a hate crime too. Make it "outstanding citizen." That should be safe.

You picked out a really weak example and Richard busted your balls for it.

If we can’t even hear what this awful “slur” was, then we presume it never happened. That’s how this works, bro.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:08 PM 05-04-2021
‘I Have Embarrassed Myself And My Party’: Texas Democratic Official Resigns After Calling Tim Scott An ‘Oreo’
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:19 PM 05-04-2021
Wonder what he calls the VP
[Reply]
Page 73 of 74
« First < 23636970717273 74 >
Up