ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 146
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:32 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
UhOh

Good lord, Mahomes broke your dumb ass
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:35 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Jk. Thanks, guys.

That's a bummer. I feel like Hardman would have been a great matchup for us if he was somehow lined up on a guy like Slay.
It’s for the best.

Dude clearly isn’t close to 100% and we need healthier players for the SB.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:36 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Jk. Thanks, guys.

That's a bummer. I feel like Hardman would have been a great matchup for us if he was somehow lined up on a guy like Slay.
I've got it - it's stupid like a fox.

Jerrion mothafuckin' Ealy.

Ealy's quick, played RB in college but has been running WR reps on the practice squad. We're down bodies in the WR room and surely he can go take some of these bubble screens or jet action reps, right?

Elevate our boy Ealy to do some of the Hardman stuff - the Eagles will never see it coming...
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:37 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Ealy's quick, played RB in college but has been running WR reps on the practice squad. We're down bodies in the WR room and surely he can go take some of these bubble screens or jet action reps, right?

Elevate our boy Ealy to do some of the Hardman stuff - the Eagles will never see it coming...
I like it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:38 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I like it.
I mean if it's him or, say, Ihmir Smith-Marsette, you gotta spin the wheel on Ealy, right?

I'm reaching deep here, fellas...
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:41 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
UhOh

The Eagles racked up 70 sacks in the regular season. Impressive. Here's who the majority of those sacks came against:

Carson Wentz - 9 sacks
Kenny Pickett - 6 sacks
Matt Ryan - 4 sacks
Ryan Tannehill - 6 sacks
Daniel Jones - 7 sacks
Justin Fields - 6 sacks
Dak Prescott - 6 sacks
Andy Dalton - 7 sacks

51 of their 70 sacks came against those 8 QB's. 5 of those lines ranked among the Bottom 10 pass blocking lines in the league, per pass blocking win rate. 2 of them did rank in the Top 10 (Bears and Steelers).

Would you say the above list is an impressive list of QB's? Any Top 10 QB's in there??

How bout the playoffs:

Divisional: Daniel Jones, again. 5 more sacks for the Eagles.

NFC Title Game:

QB's faced:

One armed Brock Purdy, no armed Josh Johnson, and everyone's favorite running QB; Christian McCaffrey.

They managed 3 combined sacks against this collection of elite QB's.

So taking all that into account, are their sack numbers really as impressive as they look on the surface?

QB they will be facing in the Super Bowl? That would be Patrick Mahomes. The best QB in football. The soon to be annointed MVP. The guy that plays behind the #1 O-Line in the league for pass block win rate. The 3rd least sacked QB in the NFL among QB's with at least 400 pass attempts.

We'll see if the Eagles pass rushing 'dominance' continues against Kansas City in the Super Bowl . . . . . .
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:58 PM 02-02-2023

[Reply]
Skyy God 04:12 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Recap:

Chiefs have a 4 or 5 star advantage at red zone rushing, defending when pressuring QBs, and passes under 10 yards.

Sounds like a recipe for driving the ball, scoring TDs, and keeping the Eagles offense off the field.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:20 PM 02-02-2023

They will now. Thanks a lot. You know that coaching staff has been reading CP. :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:29 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If you aren’t holding the Chiefs to field goals in the red zone, you aren’t winning
[Reply]
RunKC 04:55 PM 02-02-2023
I mean if it's him or, say, Ihmir Smith-Marsette, you gotta spin the wheel on Ealy, right?

I'm reaching deep here, fellas...
I think it would be Clyde.

He’s not a good runner but as a receiver he can make people miss. He ran routes in college quite well.

Just never understood why we didn’t tap into that? He wants a between the tackles runner.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:15 PM 02-02-2023
Juju and Toney are playing

What have opposing DCs said about Patrick Mahomes play lately and the new style the #chiefs have created on offense? Plus a number of Mahomes’ weapons are not practicing today. Here is who you need to be worried about. My report on NFL NOW on @nflnetwork pic.twitter.com/QK2mIU99fa

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) February 2, 2023

[Reply]
Wallymo 05:16 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
But positive news on JuJu and Toney. I'll take 2 of 3.

That's not including Sneed and Gay who both are on track to play as well. If we can't have em all back, at least it's the guy we've been playing without for most of the last several weeks.
Will Sneed continue his recent trend of shadowing WR1 and travel with Brown? Critical matchup.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:19 PM 02-02-2023
Originally Posted by Wallymo:
Will Sneed continue his recent trend of shadowing WR1 and travel with Brown? Critical matchup.
Good question, but I hope so.

Ideally, Sneed would trail Brown and McDuffie would be covering Smith for the majority of the game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:49 PM 02-02-2023
PHI is not that great vs. the run, though I doubt Ady will spend a ton of snaps trying to expose that weakness. But they're also not very good vs. TEs, which is interesting.

Sidenote: Vic Fangio is PHI defensive consultant.

You have to think they're going to do everything they can to lock Travis down, though exactly how remains a mystery. I expect Fangio will have much to say about that.

Obviously KC needs to effectively shut down their run game in the first half and force Jalen to move the ball and score efficiently as a passer, something he hasn't been very good at since returning from his shoulder injury.

you look at his statlines from the last couple games, and he's basically Ryan Tannehill from the 2019 AFCCG or Jimmy G./SBLIV, two QBs that struggled to be efficient through the air in the playoffs and relied heavily on their respective run games to win their playoff games before running into the Chiefs. Not saying that Jalen is as average as Tannehill/Jimmy, but that injury might be a bigger issue than most are considering.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 146
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113 > Last »
Up