ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2667 of 2690
« First < 1667216725672617265726632664266526662667 26682669267026712677 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
staylor26 01:15 PM 02-25-2024
There's a reason Mahomes gets all the Jordan comparisons. People that have an eye for talent know when they're witnessing the GOAT. It's not abour longevity, rings, or anything. Just watch the tape, and and in all the winning, dominance, and clutchness context as support of that.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:19 PM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yes but talent, ability and per-game production-wise you cannot compare Jordan to Brady. So that counter-argument doesn't work.
Talent and ability? Talent is the argument you want to make in MJ's favor over LeBron?

You could make an argument that LeBron's competitive drive is not what MJ's was, but certainly not that he lacked any bit of talent/ability. He's the most physically gifted player/athlete we've ever seen in any sport.

Originally Posted by :
Jordan is not Brady. Jordan is LeBron without all the ****ing postseason choking and shitty jump shooting.
Nobody is saying MJ is Brady (who is a complete fraud that never had a peak worthy of being called GOAT). He is not the GOAT in basketball though and that was made clear a while ago.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:20 PM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Sure, but shouldn't we reserve those threads for discussion on whether the TWolves are a fraud team?
I can't wait for the Thunder to lose to the Nuggets in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

1st place.

Suck my dick.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:21 PM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
There's a reason Mahomes gets all the Jordan comparisons. People that have an eye for talent know when they're witnessing the GOAT. It's not abour longevity, rings, or anything. Just watch the tape, and and in all the winning, dominance, and clutchness context as support of that.
Mahomes is literally going to be chasing a pre-constructed myth his entire career just like LeBron did (and even more so in Brady's case becuase he had no peak of any duration). It's very funny to see how similar it all is.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:23 PM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I can't wait for the Thunder to lose to the Nuggets in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

1st place.

Suck my dick.
Let's be honest, the Nuggets are coasting right now and everyone is going down to Denver in the end anyway.

SGA is probably going to win the MVP though.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:27 PM 02-25-2024
Mahomes is literally going to be chasing a pre-constructed myth his entire career just like LeBron did (and even more so in Brady's case becuase he had no peak of any duration). It's very funny to see how similar it all is.
But I don’t think Mahomes will play anywhere near as long as Brady. That’s the most impressive thing about Brady & LeBron in my view. They both managed to play at a very high level for a very long time.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:34 PM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
But I don’t think Mahomes will play anywhere near as long as Brady. That’s the most impressive thing about Brady & LeBron in my view. They both managed to play at a very high level for a very long time.
I am loath to give a fraud like Brady any praise, but what he did in his 40s was impressive.

Odds are that Mahomes won't play that long, which means he likely will have to be dealing with the bullshit argument that he isn't/wasn't better than Brady because he doesn't have as many rings as him for the rest of his life.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:41 PM 02-25-2024
I am loath to give a fraud like Brady any praise, but what he did in his 40s was impressive.

Odds are that Mahomes won't play that long, which means he likely will have to be dealing with the bullshit argument that he isn't/wasn't better than Brady because he doesn't have as many rings as him for the rest of his life.
After Patrick gets the 3 peat it be great he has an undefeated season which Brady never accomplished
[Reply]
DRM08 01:42 PM 02-25-2024

And that’s OK. I am hoping he can get a couple more rings, which would put him above Montana & Bradshaw. It’s hard as hell to win championships, especially in the ultimate team sport of football. I don’t take any of it for granted. Cross your fingers and hope the team is able to win some more titles over the next 10 years. Nothing is guaranteed.
[Reply]
TheGreatCassholio 01:42 PM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Until LeBron gets six rings no one cares.

It's why Mahomes is always compared to Jordan.
Lebron can get 16 rings and he'd still be behind MJ. Congrats to Lebron on hitting the genetic lottery of being born into that though.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:43 PM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
My son has noticed how different sports train the body differently. For example, track absolutely KILLS his hamstrings, while basketball (at a high level), absolutely KILLS his quads.
Yeah I found when I played baseball my brain really was sore from being bored all of the time.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 01:55 PM 02-25-2024
Talent and ability? Talent is the argument you want to make in MJ's favor over LeBron?

You could make an argument that LeBron's competitive drive is not what MJ's was, but certainly not that he lacked any bit of talent/ability. He's the most physically gifted player/athlete we've ever seen in any sport.

Nobody is saying MJ is Brady (who is a complete fraud that never had a peak worthy of being called GOAT). He is not the GOAT in basketball though and that was made clear a while ago.
Bo Jackson was the most physically gifted player/athlete that i've ever seen. It's a shame his career was cut short due to the hip injury
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:24 PM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by TheGreatCassholio:
Lebron can get 16 rings and he'd still be behind MJ. Congrats to Lebron on hitting the genetic lottery of being born into that though.
Do you assholes see what you've turned the thread about the greatest QB ever into?

Fuck every single one of you.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:25 PM 02-25-2024
Another party in Vegas…

[Reply]
BWillie 02:32 PM 02-25-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Another party in Vegas…

Dude is out there living his best life
[Reply]
Page 2667 of 2690
« First < 1667216725672617265726632664266526662667 26682669267026712677 > Last »
Up