ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 186 of 192
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 11:48 AM 01-29-2022
With at least $76+ million in cap space we will be able to do whatever we want.

Signing Brown and Ward and some other pieces like Pringle and Ingram would still leave us with tons of cap room to either get a great DE or Safety or true #2 receiver.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:58 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
To me, the question becomes: is there 1 of those players you would normally NEVER be able to get at that spot?

The answer is yes: Jameson Williams. You can get DE like Walker at 32 in the future. You can get S/CB like Hill. You usually cannot get Jameson Williams there.
1000% this.

My personal dream is for us to draft Jameson at 32(:-)). While also getting EB a job, then use the picks we get from him and Poles to trade back up in the 2nd and get Travon Walker. I think that likely candidates for a trade up would be Chicago and Seattle. Both have no 1sts and could use extra picks.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:05 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don’t see any way they play Brown under the cap all year. Players don’t like it, his cost is just likely to go up, and it doesn’t give them much financial flexibility this season.

He’ll get extended. Hill will get extended. They’ll try with Ward and I won’t be surprised it it happens. KC will make free agency moves (DE, S, Wr).

Honestly, the only thing that would surprise me is Mathieu re-signing.
All of this. HB should be a cap casualty. The rest should be back.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:27 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by penchief:

Brown, Bolton, Humphrey. What a haul for only holding picks 31 and 63. That was quite the slight of hand by Mr. Veach.
That is an amazing haul. But you are only getting one year of Brown's rookie contract before having to tag/extend him. As opposed to getting 5 years for drafting someone with the 31 pick. That is a big difference in cap hit.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:39 PM 01-29-2022
Yeah, we took Breeland Speaks with our first pick in that draft (second round), and Brown went in the third round to Baltimore. Granted we had Fisher, but still........yeesh.

And fun fact - they both wear 57 for us. Odd.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:46 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
That is an amazing haul. But you are only getting one year of Brown's rookie contract before having to tag/extend him. As opposed to getting 5 years for drafting someone with the 31 pick. That is a big difference in cap hit.
You're also getting the knowledge that the guy is a pro-bowl caliber player from day one at the professional level and his future rights, if you want them.
[Reply]
Chieftain 12:49 PM 01-29-2022
I would be fine with Chris Olave. Kid was very productive in college. Keenan Allen clone.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:50 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
1000% this.

My personal dream is for us to draft Jameson at 32(:-)). While also getting EB a job, then use the picks we get from him and Poles to trade back up in the 2nd and get Travon Walker. I think that likely candidates for a trade up would be Chicago and Seattle. Both have no 1sts and could use extra picks.
Not a fan of the trade up in general, especially with higher picks (rounds 1-3).

Hell, I'd prefer to not miss out on guys like Tre Smith because I want a "better" Nick Bolton or Creed Humphrey.
[Reply]
Chieftain 12:51 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
1000% this.

I would be shocked if Williams fell past 15. He is a game wrecker. Imagine him in our offense? You can only dream.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:53 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You're also getting the knowledge that the guy is a pro-bowl caliber player from day one at the professional level and his future rights, if you want them.
Speaking of pro bowl players....There's some shitty RB contracts out there. With teams that can't afford to pay those stupid figures. Imagine if Zeke or Cmc gets cut?

You know who they're going to
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:02 PM 01-29-2022
I'm not so worried about losing TM teh HB we are a hot spot for free agents to want to play here and I'm sure we can find a guy with tenacity because that's what Broth Vader looks for.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:07 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Round 1: WR
Round 2: DE or safety
Round 3: whichever is left from round 2

It will be very difficult, however, if Travon Walker (Edge, Georgia) Jameson Williams (WR, Alabama), and Daxton Hill (S, Michigan) all three fall to us in the first round.

If that happens we'll get to see what Veach thinks is the most important need
Round 1: DEFENSE CB or DE
Round 2: DEFENSE DE or CB unless there is a top RT available.
Round 3: Top RT or DE, CB, LB
WR is way down the list of needs. We need to be drafting the expensive positions and us FA for the cheaper positions. A WR that is going to be the 3rd, 4th or 5th option can be had for CHEAP on the FA market.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:53 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
WR is way down the list of needs. We need to be drafting the expensive positions and us FA for the cheaper positions. A WR that is going to be the 3rd, 4th or 5th option can be had for CHEAP on the FA market.
See, I think I completely disagree.

I think this offense could literally be completely unstoppable by adding another force multiplier at WR snd even one at RB, as well.

I honestly think Veach will go out trying to design an all time great offense and continue to build the defense with cost efficient options.

We’ve proven that the defense needs to be average, not great…but this offense has a minimum of 3 HOF players on it and that may end up being 5 or 6 in retrospect. You add some more firepower snd nobody would be able to outscore us.

Ever.

Also….WR is one of the highest paid positions in the sport.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:23 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
See, I think I completely disagree.

I think this offense could literally be completely unstoppable by adding another force multiplier at WR snd even one at RB, as well.

I honestly think Veach will go out trying to design an all time great offense and continue to build the defense with cost efficient options.

We’ve proven that the defense needs to be average, not great…but this offense has a minimum of 3 HOF players on it and that may end up being 5 or 6 in retrospect. You add some more firepower snd nobody would be able to outscore us.

Ever.

Also….WR is one of the highest paid positions in the sport.
WR is top heavy in contracts and then falls off whereas CB has a few top contracts but is still expensive 25 players deep.
We are set to lose a couple of our CBs that we depend on greatly. Not so much with WR.
We are set to lose both of our starting DE in Clark and Ingram.
We do not need to spend heavily in FA or the draft on WR or RB. We can get those in other places and we really don't have the cap to spend top contracts there either. McKinnon was a cheap find but a better fit than CEH, which was a complete waste of a 1st round pick.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:25 PM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:

Sure. Within this player’s rookie deal - likely just about as they’re hitting their stride/prime - you would expect Kelce and/or Hill to start dropping off physically.

Would be nice to have a weapon ready roll right in and take over the load as those guys start to step back.

Jameson Williams and John Metchie offer unique opportunities for the Chiefs. Each is a potential home run value. They’re a pair of top 10/15 pick receivers who are falling into range because of the timing of their injuries.

It’s an opportunity. Anyway, I think Buffalo may actually take Williams if he is there (though Nakobe Dean would make a lot of sense for them as a Edmundss replacement).
[Reply]
Page 186 of 192
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190 > Last »
Up