ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 132 of 192
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
O.city 09:23 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But he's not at the back of his drop yet. You don't 'step up' off your left foot as a righthanded QB. He'd have to just abort the drop altogether and you don't go teaching a QB to do that. He had no reason to just assume his LT would get blown by.

Like I said - IF that was a designed 5 step drop, I don't think there's any reason to tell him he should've aborted it at 3; he just couldn't have known and that will create more bad habits than it helps. And if it was 5 steps, he was screwed by the time he got to the top of it.

If it was 3 and he didn't come set, that's an issue. But I have a hard time thinking it was given that nobody's really starting their breaks yet in the pattern. It looks like a designed deep set with a couple of shot options out wide and Hill as a safety valve underneath.
His right foot is off the ground to go into his back step, so it's close. Now time wise Garrett is moving so quick, I dunno that it matters.

Again, hindsight, the biggest mistake here is probably the 2nd down play that puts you in 3rd and 10 because you're letting Garret just tee off.

And that's not gonna work out well no matter who's at LT. I don't think we should let Brown off the hook here though.
[Reply]
-King- 09:30 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

Good thread from Niangs trainer
Huh? That last sack happened right when Mahomes hit the top of his drop. No way that was "set too deep" because he didn't even have time to set.
[Reply]
O.city 09:32 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Huh? That last sack happened right when Mahomes hit the top of his drop. No way that was "set too deep" because he didn't even have time to set.
I believe he's saying his drop was too deep ie 10 yards instead of finishing at 8 or whatever.
[Reply]
-King- 09:32 AM 09-14-2021

This is where I'm not sure. If he steps up here it helps the angle, but I'm just not sure that he's actually coached to step up here. I mean, there's a massive pocket there.
Watch the play. Don't look at a still picture. There was no time for him to step anywhere. That play was DOA.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:34 AM 09-14-2021
His right foot is off the ground to go into his back step, so it's close. Now time wise Garrett is moving so quick, I dunno that it matters.
I think the video makes clear that it didn't...

If he has even an extra half second he may have been able to move up in the pocket. But both his tackles lost clean. Those are those 'bad losses' I talked about yesterday. The kind that are so quick and so thorough that they just wreck plays. There are pressures and then there are pressures.

That was one of the latter. His tackles got smoked and there just wasn't anything he could do.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 AM 09-14-2021
I believe he's saying his drop was too deep ie 10 yards instead of finishing at 8 or whatever.
And I just don't know how that could've been the case. He didn't drift and a 3 step drop doesn't make sense with those routes.

So unless it's a stride length thing (and these guys are so programmed in that regard that it seems unlikely), I'm just not sure what else you could ask from Mahomes there.

It's a deep drop from the shotgun. That's a deep set and your Ts can either bleed slowly and the play stays alive, or they can take a kill-shot a step into the play and that sort of thing happens. They didn't need to stonewall their guys, but they can't get beat that badly that quickly either.
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And I just don't know how that could've been the case. He didn't drift and a 3 step drop doesn't make sense with those routes.

So unless it's a stride length thing (and these guys are so programmed in that regard that it seems unlikely), I'm just not sure what else you could ask from Mahomes there.

It's a deep drop from the shotgun. That's a deep set and your Ts can either bleed slowly and the play stays alive, or they can take a kill-shot a step into the play and that sort of thing happens. They didn't need to stonewall their guys, but they can't get beat that badly that quickly either.
A five step drop from the shotgun is pretty damn deep though. I'm not familiar with those patterns of dropping though, so I can't comment much on it but theoretically, at 3 yards in the gun a five step drop puts you at 10 yards atleast.

From the gun, I don't really know why you would ever drop more than 3 yards. I know timing wise they like to time it up, but you're in the gun and giving the QB more time to use his eyes than a center drop.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 11:20 AM 09-14-2021
Brown was abused on that snap.
[Reply]
morphius 11:26 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Watch the play. Don't look at a still picture. There was no time for him to step anywhere. That play was DOA.
I believe Mahomes said in post conference that he went to far back on that play himself. So at least in public he is taking some of the responsibility for that one.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:30 AM 09-14-2021
Myles Garrett is better at football than Orlando Brown.

moving on.
[Reply]
Go Royals 11:31 AM 09-14-2021
That play should be a touchdown too. It's the Mecole vs the Ravens play where Hill and Hardman line up close to each and Hill runs a deep crosser and Hardman runs up the hashes. Safety has to pick one of them to cover. Real bummer it didn't work out
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:37 AM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Myles Garrett is better at football than Orlando Brown.

moving on.
The list of pass rushers who OBJ will face this season who are better than Garrett is basically no one.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:21 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The list of pass rushers who OBJ will face this season who are better than Garrett is basically no one.
TJ Watt and Joey Bosa twice will be an issue
[Reply]
staylor26 12:26 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
TJ Watt and Joey Bosa twice will be an issue
Watt will be going up against Niang most of the time, I’d imagine.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:29 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Watt will be going up against Niang most of the time, I’d imagine.
Probably. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers move Watt to the other side if they feel they can exploit that matchup, though.

Plus Melvin Ingram looked pretty good. Also, possibly having to face Cam Jordan or JPP/Barret or Aaron Donald in the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
Page 132 of 192
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182 > Last »
Up