ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 171 of 301
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181221271 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:51 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Hey real question

How good is the Padres minor league system? I looked at that earlier and that is just fucking ridiculous. Like I think that may be better than what the Royals system once was.

It’s absolutely phenomenal. It has more high-end pitching than the Royals’ did. Gore and Patiño are both legitimate potential aces.

The Royals had more position talent in their minors than the Pads probably do right now, but Urias, Xavier Edwards, and old friend Esteury Ruiz are pretty talented.
[Reply]
tk13 04:53 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Cardinals Twitter had a proposal of

Kolten Wong
Yairo Munoz
Daniel Ponce De Leon

And somehow the result was 60/40 against. That's just dumfounding. Granted, I love me some Kolten and think he's probably the best defensive 2b in baseball right now, but the dude can't lead off and we need one of those. Munoz is a JAG and Ponce is probably a 4th starter at best, probably a 5th starter and he's older than almost anyone seems to realize - he's capped.

Meanwhile this same group of people will be 60/40 in FAVOR of trading Dylan Carlson for Matthew Boyd, who was an also-ran prior to this season.

I worry about Cardinal Twitter most days...
It's no worse than the Cubs fans you see. Every single one of them thinks they can just trade us Russell in some kind of package. Why would we trade Whit for a guy with off the field problems who isn't under control any longer than Whit is? And is not a better hitter to begin with.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:54 PM 07-17-2019
They got Vaughn too and isn't Cease extremely well regarded as a prospect at this point?

True and yes. I think Cease is a reliever, too.

Vaughn is the real deal, but I’m not sure he’s any better than current Jose Abreu (that’s best likely-case scenario), who they can’t win with.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:07 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:

I thought he was released? Maybe money to cover Kennedy’s salary in a trade?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:10 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He was DFA’d
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:20 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

You have seven days after DFAing a guy to make a deal on him. Today was the expiration date for him.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:55 PM 07-17-2019
Duffman struck out the side in the 2nd.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:00 PM 07-17-2019
I need to get a midseason prospect list done.

I have lots of thoughts.

Kris Bubic with another great start for Wilmington tonight (6 IP, 11k, 1 ER on solo HR, 0BB).

The Formidable Five college pitchers the Royals drafted last year all look like hits right now.

Funny thing is... Singer is a sure bet to be a solid 4 starter, IMO, possibly a bit better (Jake Odorizzi May be a good comp as a guy with a great fastball whose offspeed offerings hold him back from 2-3 status). And he may end up being the least impactful guy from that grouping despite being the first taken.

Jackson Kowar has easy mid-90s heat, a great change, and a breaking ball that has improved a lot since draft day.

Daniel Lynch has the best stuff (6-6 lefty with mid-90s heat, wipeout slider).

Kris Bubic is the most polished and has the most pitchability. His changeup is almost as good as Kowar’s, from reports.

And then there’s the lightly discussed Jonathan Bowman, a 6-6, 250 righty with a wipeout slider... who threw the no hitter a few nights ago.

That 2018 draft class may end up being amazing. Kyle Isbel is their best position guy, and pitchers Austin Cox, Zack Haake, and Jon Heasely have all performed, too.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:04 PM 07-17-2019
Today I was told that the Royals should trade Merrifield to the Cubs by a friend of mine.......his proposal of a fair return...

Kyle Schwarber
Addison Russell
Almora Jr
If Soler could play the field defensively then Schwarber makes sense. He screams DH in the AL. Schwarber in no shape or form is an OF at Kauffman Stadium.

Russell makes zero sense for the Royals.
[Reply]
TLO 08:46 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I need to get a midseason prospect list done.

I have lots of thoughts.

Kris Bubic with another great start for Wilmington tonight (6 IP, 11k, 1 ER on solo HR, 0BB).

The Formidable Five college pitchers the Royals drafted last year all look like hits right now.

Funny thing is... Singer is a sure bet to be a solid 4 starter, IMO, possibly a bit better (Jake Odorizzi May be a good comp as a guy with a great fastball whose offspeed offerings hold him back from 2-3 status). And he may end up being the least impactful guy from that grouping despite being the first taken.

Jackson Kowar has easy mid-90s heat, a great change, and a breaking ball that has improved a lot since draft day.

Daniel Lynch has the best stuff (6-6 lefty with mid-90s heat, wipeout slider).

Kris Bubic is the most polished and has the most pitchability. His changeup is almost as good as Kowar’s, from reports.

And then there’s the lightly discussed Jonathan Bowman, a 6-6, 250 righty with a wipeout slider... who threw the no hitter a few nights ago.

That 2018 draft class may end up being amazing. Kyle Isbel is their best position guy, and pitchers Austin Cox, Zack Haake, and Jon Heasely have all performed, too.
This gives me WOOD
[Reply]
tk13 09:00 PM 07-17-2019
He also doesn't mention that Phillips continues his good play tonight, 2-3 with a HR and a SB.

Ryan O'Hearn has found something at Triple-A Omaha. He's launched two more home runs tonight. He's slashing .333/.413/.769 in July.

— Alec Lewis (@alec_lewis) July 18, 2019

[Reply]
tk13 09:10 PM 07-17-2019
Whit on-base 5 times tonight with 3 hits. We want Kris Bryant in the trade package, Theo.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:22 PM 07-17-2019
Peralta trying his best to blow this one.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:25 PM 07-17-2019
Kennedy coming in for the cheap 1 out save.
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:25 PM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Peralta trying his best to blow this one.
The guy is totally worthless. Can't even protect a 5 run lead against the fucking White Sux.
[Reply]
Page 171 of 301
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181221271 > Last »
Up