ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 45
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****OFFICIAL 2022 Border War Hoops and HATE Thread
Chiefspants 06:13 PM 12-07-2022
Alright y’all! We got a game this Saturday. The reigning National Champion Jayhawks are as self-righteous as ever and coming to Columbia, where the Tigers look like they could have their best coached team since the Obama administration. Self is still figuring out his rotations (to a painful degree), and in Columbia anything can happen.

This thread can also be used to talk football and how this rivalry is oh so dead, which is why a bowl game that is not happening has arguments spilling over into Mizzou threads, KU threads, college football threads, and twitter and facebook wars all over my feed.

Join me and let’s all talk about how this game doesn’t matter anymore and all angrily ask why I’m missing asterisks in the thread title.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:21 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
You do realize that Missouri was annihilated by Tennessee right?

Soon KU will be superior to Missouri in both sports. I wonder what Missouri fans will pivot to then.
I was speaking to the quality of the opponent, not the score. But if you wanna play that game, Mizzou lost to Georgia 26-22. You think KU is staying within a TD of the defending National champs? Yeah, didn’t think so.

As to your second point, :-)MAO. You get one little .500 season (one in which you finished losing 6 of your last 7, mostly in blowouts) and you think you all have ‘turned the corner’ in football. It’s like you KU fans developed sudden amnesia and forgot that you were LITERALLY the worst Power 5 football program in America over the last decade. Kansas celebrates a .500 season in football. Mizzou sees it as a disappointment. But yeah, I’m sure a university and fanbase that doesn’t give a shit about football will surpass one that does. Keep telling yourself that, champ.

You squawkbird fans are funny.

BTW, Mizzou has a better record than you all in basketball right now. That’s some funny shit, huh? Extrapolating from your dumb analogy in football, I suppose Mizzou has ‘turned the corner’ in basketball and is on their way to surpassing Kansas too? Right??

See how fucking stupid that sounds . . . . . .
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:41 AM 12-10-2022
While hate is a really strong word, I have to agree that I really don't care for basketball AT ALL. I'm not sure when I became disinterested however working at a company that seemed to have KU graduates everywhere, it became easy to despise everything KU basketball. WE this, WE that, WE WE WE WE...

Also the fact that players don't really have to dribble anymore; bounce it a couple of times as you carry it around just to make it seem like you aren't turning it over and carrying it ALL THE TIME.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 09:45 AM 12-10-2022
Eat poop!
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:47 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I was speaking to the quality of the opponent, not the score. But if you wanna play that game, Mizzou lost to Georgia 26-22. You think KU is staying within a TD of the defending National champs? Yeah, didn’t think so.

As to your second point, :-)MAO. You get one little .500 season (one in which you finished losing 6 of your last 7, mostly in blowouts) and you think you all have ‘turned the corner’ in football. It’s like you KU fans developed sudden amnesia and forgot that you were LITERALLY the worst Power 5 football program in America over the last decade. Kansas celebrates a .500 season in football. Mizzou sees it as a disappointment. But yeah, I’m sure a university and fanbase that doesn’t give a shit about football will surpass one that does. Keep telling yourself that, champ.

BTW, Mizzou has a better record than you all in basketball right now. That’s some funny shit, huh? Extrapolating from your dumb analogy in football, I suppose Mizzou has ‘turned the corner’ in basketball and is on their way to surpassing Kansas too? Right??

Yeah, the thing is for Kansas to turn the corner and match the vastly superior Missouri in football, all it takes is a .500 football season where they win a few games in conference, since that's literally most of Missouri's entire existence in the sport they love and care for so deeply, and consistently over almost the past decade. And yeah, they'd have to do that for more than one season.

Kansas fans still might celebrate that and Missouri fans still might be disappointed, but ya'll might want to set your goals a bit higher than being better than Kansas in football.

OTOH, for Missouri to turn the corner in basketball and be as good/better than Kansas, you'll have to win your conference several times, make it to several Elite Eights, a few Final Fours, and win a NC.

Yes, one of those does sound more ridiculous than the other.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:08 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, the thing is for Kansas to turn the corner and match the vastly superior Missouri in football, all it takes is a .500 football season where they win a few games in conference, since that's literally most of Missouri's entire existence in the sport they love and care for so deeply, and consistently over almost the past decade. And yeah, they'd have to do that for more than one season.

Kansas fans still might celebrate that and Missouri fans still might be disappointed, but ya'll might want to set your goals a bit higher than being better than Kansas in football.

OTOH, for Missouri to turn the corner in basketball and be as good/better than Kansas, you'll have to win your conference several times, make it to several Elite Eights, a few Final Fours, and win a NC.

Yes, one of those does sound more ridiculous than the other.
^ Yet another post from KU fan that reeks of arrogance and smugness. This is why most people don’t like you all as a fanbase. You think you’re the Patriots of the NFL, without the success to back it up. You do you, though.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:22 AM 12-10-2022
^ Yet another post from KU fan that reeks of arrogance and smugness. This is why most people don’t like you all as a fanbase. You think you’re the Patriots of the NFL, without the success to back it up. You do you, though.
Uh, which part isn't true?

I said conference championships (they have a lot of those), several Elite Eights (they've been to several), a few Final Fours (they've been to a few), and a NC (they also have a few wof those).

Not sure how anything I said isn't backed up by what they've accomplished. :-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:23 AM 12-10-2022
^ Losers of 6 of their last 7, mostly blowouts ^

Mizzouche +2.5 dogs vs KU (perSagarin)

SOS: Kansas #5, Zouche #27. Leaving for the SEC = playing weaker teams
[Reply]
sedated 10:30 AM 12-10-2022

I said conference championships (they have a lot of those), several Elite Eights (they've been to several), a few Final Fours (they've been to a few), and a NC (they also have a few wof those).

You stating facts again? How arrogant!!
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:47 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Mizzouche +2.5 dogs vs KU (perSagarin)

SOS: Kansas #5, Zouche #27. Leaving for the SEC = playing weaker teams
Yes. We know you all love your one outlier .500 season (one in which you lost 6 of the last 7, mostly in blowout fashion).

Now do the last decade . . . . . . . .
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:52 AM 12-10-2022
Spread today is KU -3.5

For those who gamble
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:02 AM 12-10-2022

I was referring to your first paragraph and the smug ‘vastly superior Missouri football’ comment.

No matter how you view Mizzou’s football program since the move to the SEC, it has in fact been ‘vastly superior’ to KU. Part of that has to do with the early success in the SEC, but more of it has to do with the absolute suck that has been Kansas football over the last decade. I mean, you guys have sucked over a period of 10 years like no other Power 5 program has sucked before. Ever.

So while your above comment was in jest and reeked of smugness towards Mizzou, you are right. Mizzou IS vastly superior in football to Kansas by any metric you wanna use since leaving the Big 12 for the SEC.

Your grand basketball accomplishments don’t get to cover up for your pathetic ineptitude on the football field.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:40 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
My dad and his cousin both played at MU, my dad was a top track star in HS as well. Oh and my father knew a man by the name of Wilt Chamberlain, not many people know but Wilt the Stilt was a long jumper on the KU track team as well.
I went to KU, having grown up in LFK. But my dad got his Undergraduate from KU, then got his Masters from MU. Talk about a weird path.

The rest of my family are all KU grads, except for my Father-in-Law who is an MU grad. If it weren't for My FIL, i don't really have any mizzou\KU interaction anymore with really anyone. Even between he and I it is fairly civil.

It's downright disgusting.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:46 AM 12-10-2022

See how ****ing stupid that sounds . . . . . .

Dude I've read some dumb posts in this thread but you are just knocking it out of the park.

You're humiliating yourself with some of these takes I hope you realize that.

The part where you tried to minimize a couple nattys was my favorite
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:46 AM 12-10-2022
Well, KU did almost beat TCU despite numerous mistakes and a backup QB playing the entire second half. Do you think Missouri would do that?

I didn't say anything about wins/losses. But you haven't exactly set the bar high in that dept. Your current coach has a losing record at Missouri and you have two seasons above .500 (barely) in the last 8 years. We're not talking about surpassing Alabama here. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:21 PM 12-10-2022
Beaker football :-) most of you never even watched it for a decade
[Reply]
Page 11 of 45
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up