« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:38 PM 11-23-2021
He's definitely better than our other options. Hopefully he's on an upward trajectory.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 01:55 PM 11-23-2021
I was hoping to see CEH used like Aaron Jones. The Packers spent a 2nd round pick and got a scary backfield for their HOF qb. One of my draft crushes last year was Rhamondre Stevenson who went for a 4th. People on here are sour on spending another draft pick on an rb since we drafted CEH, but could you imagine what that back field would look like?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:01 PM 11-23-2021
For my money, CEH looks like the worst back between the 3. Gore makes beautiful cutbacks and seems quicker, and DW has more power.
[Reply]
threebag 02:03 PM 11-23-2021
CEH has made himself expendable
[Reply]
Bwana 02:08 PM 11-23-2021
He had a decent game Sunday and was hitting the holes with some speed. I'll wait until the end of the year, to analyze if he's worth getting excited about.
[Reply]
TEX 02:23 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Which year? They year he rushed for 256 yards or the year he rushed for 498?
I'll take the 498 - that was the year he busted a couple long runs when they were really needed. Also looked good with his Super Bowl sealing run. I'll also take his pass catching ability and his blocking ability any day. As I clearly stated, a RB who is a threat to take it to the house would really help the offense WAAAAAY more than what we have now. Even you can understand that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don't get it, either.

Are they trying to leave space in the middle for Kelce to work? Only thing I can figure is they're worried about muddying up Kelce's area.
It would seem like Kelce's presence could actually be hugely valuable in utilizing some kind of smash concept to draw attention to the strong side while CEH runs an arrow off the week side into clean air. Especially you also send your Y receiver on a drag or even a post/corner combo with your X/Y that puts those safeties in a hell of a bind (and send Tyreek on a 9 route just for funsies).

Even if he's not the primary option, he'll force tough decisions within that stupid Cover 2 shell.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:39 PM 11-23-2021
The real question is, how is CEH's pass blocking?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:45 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
For my money, CEH looks like the worst back between the 3. Gore makes beautiful cutbacks and seems quicker, and DW has more power.
Well this is just lunacy.

No, Gore is not quicker. And again, Williams, for all his power, can't get up to speed. There's a reason the dude struggles to stay above 3 YPC.

In the red zone Williams averages 2.3 yards/carry - CEH averages 5.2. In short yardage situations Williams averages 3.8 YPC - CEH averages 4.1. From the gun, CEH is averaging 5.5 YPC and Williams 3.5. On RPO carries, Williams 4.0 vs. 4.9 for CEH. On designed runs, Williams is at 3.2 to 4.7 for CEH.

I couldn't care less about Williams 'power running' when he can't get into the hole before it closes because he's running in quicksand.

I just don't know how people can have watched this guy run since CEH went down and think he's any kind of option out there. And Gore is just someone seeing what he wants to see soooooo badly.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:49 PM 11-23-2021

Some big names balled out in the Chiefs win over Dallas ⭐

The five highest-graded Chiefs in Week 11:

1. Clyde Edwards-Helaire - 85.7
2. Chris Jones - 82.9
3. Melvin Ingram - 78.9
4. Creed Humphrey - 78.4
5. Charvarius Ward - 77.1 pic.twitter.com/jYABDJob3K

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) November 22, 2021

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:25 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Somehow, this insanely stupid thread just got dumber. I know that CP is known for lazy, Chief Fan takes, but this may take the cake.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:28 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
I'll take the 498 - that was the year he busted a couple long runs when they were really needed. Also looked good with his Super Bowl sealing run. I'll also take his pass catching ability and his blocking ability any day. As I clearly stated, a RB who is a threat to take it to the house would really help the offense WAAAAAY more than what we have now. Even you can understand that.
If that's your real concern, line Hardman up in the backfield, a la Deebo Samuel on Sunday. He can take it to the house and would likely be a better every-down back than Damien Williams.

The fact that your preferred back couldn't get 500 yards in a season with the Chiefs is pretty telling.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:31 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

No, Gore is not quicker. And again, Williams, for all his power, can't get up to speed. There's a reason the dude struggles to stay above 3 YPC.

In the red zone Williams averages 2.3 yards/carry - CEH averages 5.2. In short yardage situations Williams averages 3.8 YPC - CEH averages 4.1. From the gun, CEH is averaging 5.5 YPC and Williams 3.5. On RPO carries, Williams 4.0 vs. 4.9 for CEH. On designed runs, Williams is at 3.2 to 4.7 for CEH.

I couldn't care less about Williams 'power running' when he can't get into the hole before it closes because he's running in quicksand.

I just don't know how people can have watched this guy run since CEH went down and think he's any kind of option out there. And Gore is just someone seeing what he wants to see soooooo badly.
FYI, Chief Fan doesn't value YPC, regardless of how well it correlates with RB production. Does he pass the eye-ball test? Did I already decide I don't like him? Am I too stupid/lazy to understand anything beyond rudimentary football takes? THOSE are the important data points here.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:50 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Yes. It is insanity.

Clyde Edwards-Helaire can be both a disappointment for where he was drafted (primarily because he isn't being used a receiving option as expected) and an above-average NFL back who is clearly the Chiefs best backfield option at the same time.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:01 PM 11-23-2021
Yes, I'm a big dumb dumb. What a cut and dried topic that didn't require 40 pages of debate.
[Reply]
Page 39 of 80
« First < 293536373839 4041424349 > Last »
Up