ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1465 of 4893
« First < 46596513651415145514611462146314641465 146614671468146914751515156519652465 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Toad 12:46 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by KranzDictum:
I met one of you chef fans at an informal wake yesterday.

He saw it coming that I was a Bronco fan when I mentioned I lived in Denver as a kid, once I said "So please don't tell me you a chief fan" he laughed and walked away before I could rub in the latest choke or talk football. We talked later but I kept it away from the NFL. He was a nice guy and it was sad that I had to meet him under those circumstances. He kind of reminded me of what I thought Truman Capote's character in "To Kill a Mockingbird" would have looked like in his 60's and his sister reminded me of Scout (also in her 60's) as they both had a southern drawl.
Dude, I don't even know you, but how classless is a person who "rubs it in" at a wake?
[Reply]
Strongside 12:49 PM 02-12-2018
I met one of you chef fans at an informal wake yesterday.

He saw it coming that I was a Bronco fan when I mentioned I lived in Denver as a kid, once I said "So please don't tell me you a chief fan" he laughed and walked away before I could rub in the latest choke or talk football. We talked later but I kept it away from the NFL. He was a nice guy and it was sad that I had to meet him under those circumstances. He kind of reminded me of what I thought Truman Capote's character in "To Kill a Mockingbird" would have looked like in his 60's and his sister reminded me of Scout (also in her 60's) as they both had a southern drawl.
Was the wake to mourn the death of your team's ability to compete in this division for the foreseeable future?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:26 PM 02-12-2018
Denver is so bad, knowmo left the board :-)
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:32 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Denver is so bad, knowmo left the board :-)
C'mon... you guys aren't that lucky.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 02:59 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Capote wasn't in that movie. Do you mean Gregory Peck? Brock Peters?
The friend who came to visit Jeb and Scout was based on Truman Capote. Harper Lee and Truman were friends.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 03:14 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Toad:
Dude, I don't even know you, but how classless is a person who "rubs it in" at a wake?
My aunt was a big sports person, she loved the Cubs and the Bears and people wore Cub and Bear gear. It wasn't a traditional wake either, they cremated her a month before, it was more of a remembrance, more of a party and we all were having fun remembering her and meeting more distant relatives and hearing new stories. It wasn't like she was lying in state in the next room though she was in a box in the dining room.

This is how I hope my wake is.
[Reply]
KranzDictum 03:16 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Strongside:
Was the wake to mourn the death of your team's ability to compete in this division for the foreseeable future?
No but we did talk about the Cubs winning their championship after the Broncos won their 3rd.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:20 PM 02-12-2018
My aunt was a big sports person, she loved the Cubs and the Bears and people wore Cub and Bear gear. It wasn't a traditional wake either, they cremated her a month before, it was more of a remembrance, more of a party and we all were having fun remembering her and meeting more distant relatives and hearing new stories. It wasn't like she was lying in state in the next room though she was in a box in the dining room.

This is how I hope my wake is.
Same here. Anything we can do to help out with yours, let us know.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:26 PM 02-12-2018
No but we did talk about the Cubs winning their championship after the Broncos won their 3rd.
I wouldn't exactly call Superfarce 50 winning a championship. More of a retirement gift for Fivehead. But, whatever floats your boat.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 03:50 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
YOU'RE the one that brought up the fact that going after a guy like Keenum meant that the Broncos believe in Kelly. None of us even brought his name up. So, what if the Broncos passed on both Kirk Cousins AND drafting one of the four QB prospects, AND Kelly didn't work out?
Oh brother, all I’m saying is that if Kelly doesn’t work out it’s not a big deal, I did not mean that if Kelly doesn’t work out, then the Broncos have zero options at QB. I’m pretty sure Elway will address the QB situation in FA or a trade and then if Kelly pans out great.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:25 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
Oh brother, all I’m saying is that if Kelly doesn’t work out it’s not a big deal, I did not mean that if Kelly doesn’t work out, then the Broncos have zero options at QB. I’m pretty sure Elway will address the QB situation in FA or a trade and then if Kelly pans out great.
It is if as you say 'they're trying to develop him'
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 05:03 PM 02-12-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
It is if as you say 'they're trying to develop him'
I hope the Broncos are trying to develop Kelly
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:11 PM 02-12-2018
I beg to differ. If the Broncos passed on both options of Cousins/drafting a QB at 5 in favor of a mid tier FA and developing Kelly, and it doesn't work out, things would turn real bad real quick in Denver. This was based on your response to the news that the Broncos may have interest in Keenum, where you said they could develop Kelly and have flexibility at 5. That insinuates both passing on Cousins and a QB at 5.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 06:06 PM 02-12-2018
:-) :-)
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 06:22 PM 02-12-2018
Ahhhhhh, smell the Denver desperation
[Reply]
Page 1465 of 4893
« First < 46596513651415145514611462146314641465 146614671468146914751515156519652465 > Last »
Up