Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Maybe we should each buy a Powerball ticket
i keep forgetting to buy tix
[Reply]
lewdog 09:12 PM 04-26-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Since I got locked out of the other thread

down 809 today. This sucks.

I am financially at the most comfortable point in my life, and the market is crashing and we are being threatened by nuclear war. (only by weirdos)

But holy cow.
If you think this is the market crashing, it isn't. S&P hasn't even hit bear market yet.

Doesn't mean it won't, but if it's making you lose sleep, I'm not sure I'd have a bunch of equity exposure right now.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 06:31 AM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
If you think this is the market crashing, it isn't. S&P hasn't even hit bear market yet.

Doesn't mean it won't, but if it's making you lose sleep, I'm not sure I'd have a bunch of equity exposure right now.
The voice of reason. Tis but a headwind for a short period.
[Reply]
scho63 11:06 AM 04-27-2022
What does the WORST portfolio win?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:18 AM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
What does the WORST portfolio win?
Well, Lew said he was buying the winner a bottle of bourbon. I think we ALL need a bottle after this fiasco.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:01 PM 04-27-2022
Spy up 0.28%
CP down 1.03%

Ciso up 11.04% selected by KcCrow

BABA up 5.16% selected by Iowa Hawkeye

25/58 Green

We're down $225,676 on our 1.5Mil investment.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:54 PM 04-27-2022
Spy up 0.28%
CP down 1.03%

Ciso up 11.04% selected by KcCrow

BABA up 5.16% selected by Iowa Hawkeye

25/58 Green

We're down $225,676 on our 1.5Mil investment.
Good thing this isn't real money or we'd have FanDuel all over again. :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:40 PM 04-27-2022
This is the after hours version of the screener I provided the other day

https://marketchameleon.com/Reports/AfterHoursTrading

Anybody think there's a swing trade setup here?

Tdoc down 36% AH today . Can be bought now for 35.37 . 10% gain would be 38.97. bet it hits

Need to check premarket screener in the morning to see if it moves down more.

ALGN down 21%

These can be overreactions. I will probably sit these out but will monitor the highs tomorrow based on the current price just to see if a 5-10% could have been scalped.
[Reply]
rydogg58 08:49 PM 04-27-2022
Hog, I like how marketchameleon looks, and the pre-after market movers is an interesting chart. The other screener you linked the other day was decent as well.

My question is, do you pay for the premium subscriptions for these places? The free versions have a wealth of information. I just wonder what extra you could possibly get out of paying $90 bucks a month for it. That's cheap compared to benzinga pro, and trade idea.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:50 PM 04-27-2022
Bet Cathies vag is bleeding after TDOC . Starting to feel bad for her.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:51 PM 04-27-2022
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Hog, I like how marketchameleon looks, and the pre-after market movers is an interesting chart. The other screener you linked the other day was decent as well.

My question is, do you pay for the premium subscriptions for these places? The free versions have a wealth of information. I just wonder what extra you could possibly get out of paying $90 bucks a month for it. That's cheap compared to benzinga pro, and trade idea.
Nope , I don't pay for nothing. Just the screener I posted as it is, absolutely free.

But yeah, take those and make a note of what price you can buy those big decliners at and at the end of the day see what the daily high is and you'll get a feel for how it's working. I still go to stocktwits and try to weed though the garbage of those tickers and get a gut feeling before pmaking a move. It's been working well.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:05 PM 04-27-2022
Nope , I don't pay for nothing. Just the screener I posted as it is, absolutely free.

But yeah, take those and make a note of what price you can buy those big decliners at and at the end of the day see what the daily high is and you'll get a feel for how it's working. I still go to stocktwits and try to weed though the garbage of those tickers and get a gut feeling before pmaking a move. It's been working well.
Also, it seems the ones that work best are the one's that drop huge on news. These lately that are reporting bad earnings are a little more iffy and not always recovering so much.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:19 PM 04-27-2022
Not seeing anything on Stocktwits that makes me want to swing TDOC.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:25 PM 04-27-2022
As a random observation, I've purchased a few stocks from The Motley Fool's "Can't Miss" free list. For the most part, they've underperformed.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:41 PM 04-27-2022
I've made two stock trades since Feb 1st in my trading account.

I'm not good at shorting and I don't like guessing.

Professional traders talk about how they will sit out months/years at a time as to not lose capital in down turns. Once the market reverses, they can achieve super performance because they will have a larger sum to trade with then someone losing money trying to trade during a correction or bear market.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 98
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Up